Poll

Which Capship is Superior?

Lucifer
20 (87%)
Ravana
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: March 19, 2005, 05:06:29 pm

Author Topic: Ravana versus Lucifer  (Read 5362 times)

Ravana versus Lucifer
With the couple capship arguments going on, I've been "challenged" to start my own. The way I see it is that the Lucy and Ravana have very strong, forward firing attack capabilities. The Ravana has BFRed uber beam cannons, which are superior to Lucy's Flux Cannons. As we know the Lucy has a shield protection against conventional lasers and ordinance. However the shields won't stop a Ravana's beams. Since either ship would be used in a head on attacks, i think it all depends greatly on who fires first.
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline Kie99

Ravana has LReds, not BFReds
LH-S = 8RH
LH+S = PH34R!
(LH=Lucifer's Hull, RH = Ravana's Hull. S = Shield)

In other words the Lucifer's hull is 8 times stronger than the Ravana's.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I already said it in the other thread, but I say it here, too: The Lucifer is a definite winner.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

fine fine fine, Lucifer wins. I was joking when I said it would be a fairer comparison.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Lucider forward armament: Shivan Super Laser (2x) 15000 damage per shot per turret= 30000 damage per dual shot and 10 second fire wait.

Ravana forward armament: 2x SRed: 8708 per shot (17416) and 17 second delay
+
2x LRed: 81529 per shot (163058) and 17 second delay = 171766 damage per 17 seconds.

Ravana hull: 100000 = 3.33 dual shots from lucifer = 40 seconds to live
Lucifer hull: 800000 = 4.65749916 shots from Ravana = 85 seconds to live

Therefore, the ravana is is capeable of about 6x as much damage per shot, however has 1/8 the hul of the lucifer. In any attack where the lucifer and ravana faced ANY other ship (not shooting back) cruiser and above, the ravana would drstroy the target first, but would receive more damage during that time.

NB: all above data is based off Zylon Bane's Beam FAQ, as well as the FS2 ships table, and the FS1 weapons table (for the shivan super laser). Calculations done with google.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 06:29:21 pm by 681 »
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Well, you can't beat solid facts.

This topic has got to be the most obvious yet. Of course a Lucifer can beat a Ravana!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
If you take the route of the Lucifer model in FS2 and replace the "Super Lasers" with LReds (which, I think, would be the right way to go, since in my opinion the "flux cannons" were just another term for beam cannons), there would be absolutely no contest.  Either way, the Lucifer easily takes it.

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
but they're not Lreds, they're SSL's. sorry, but that's the way it goes. if i put a BFred on a leviathan, it could beat a demon, but that's not fair.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
mp: oh ye of little faith. this was kind of a dumb thread; Ravana pails in comparison to the Lucifer.

Lucy: 7
Ravana: 0
:lol:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:35:45 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Originally posted by Carl
but they're not Lreds, they're SSL's. sorry, but that's the way it goes. if i put a BFred on a leviathan, it could beat a demon, but that's not fair.

Yes, they were SSLs in FS1, but that's really only because FS1 didn't have the capability to use FS2-style beam cannons.  If FS1 were made with the FS2 engine, I think that it would have had the regular beam cannons to begin with. No matter, though; Hippo kind of settled the argument. :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 12:45:02 am by 1965 »

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
beam cannons were a late addition to FS1. there is actually code there for them, but the table parsing is unbeknownst to everyone... the port created a lucifer beam canon, but it was different from an LRed, because an LRed has a 17 second total fire/wait, whereas the lucifer beam has a 10 second one, and the damage values are different...

AHTW

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
didn't lucy also have the invincible tag on in fs1?
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
yes

AHTW

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Which is a strange shield. :rolleye:

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

I think we're analysing this a bit too much. We all know that Lucy would win.

Offline Kie99

Someone should sticky this thread,
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Don't sticky, there isn't much to discuss here from now.
I daren't suggest to close it, though.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Lucy: 12
Ravana: 1 :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Eh? Who voted on the Ravana? At least the one who did should have posted his reasons.

I did. The reason is controversy itself :P
Besides, if you remove the invinsible tag I wouldn't think the Lucifer would be such a dangerous ship.