Author Topic: mediaVP 3.6.6 beta  (Read 10924 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
In rar format, for multiplatform beta-testing goodness. ;)

Readme
mv_core
mv_effects
mv_aseffects
mv_models
mv_textures
mv_adveffects
mv_music
mv_loplanets
ls_neb (Lightspeed's extra nebulas, used in the Derelict re-release and STL)

No zpack for the beta.

New stuff of interest:
Bobb's Deimos is back in, as is the Sobek.
The new glowpointed models have been added in.
Stuff won't crash anymore!! No need for messy hacks! (Unless you use mv_music with an older build)

Bonus:
Mutliplayer co-op version of the retail campaign.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 02:40:18 am by 374 »
-C

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Co op version of the main FS2 campaign?!

That'll be a ***** unless you can make multi-player pilots save game positions...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline WMCoolmon

The version I included is split in two, and IIRC you can play any single mission by selecting it manually.
-C

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Stuff won't crash, huh? hmm... question. Will these .vp's work with 3.6.5? I'm not looking forward to screwing around with these, only to have to go back and reinstall all the old .vp's when I want to play one of my mods with 3.6.5.

Did that make sense?
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Target

winrar error

mv_effects.rar: The file "???" header is corrupt

Downloaded twice, same both times.

Offline WMCoolmon

Re-uploaded it, try again.

Edit: Ack, lemme try recompiling it.
-C

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Ghost
Stuff won't crash, huh? hmm... question. Will these .vp's work with 3.6.5? I'm not looking forward to screwing around with these, only to have to go back and reinstall all the old .vp's when I want to play one of my mods with 3.6.5.

Did that make sense?

If you're using them you should probably at least grab something with the .ogg bug fixed.  That's the only one that's wrong with the last official release IIRC, but the bugfix builds have tended to just be more stable.

WMC:  I've got to tweak Raa's Ares a tad more, but it's essentially ready.  It and the Sobek (I've got a version with a fixed radius) should probably be updated one more time, and other than one small bug I ran across (a missing poly, oddly enough) the Orion is ready as well.  PM me before you release the real 3.6.6 VP so I make sure all of those get in.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline WMCoolmon

Nifty. ;)

I've re-uploaded mv_effects and rebuilt it, so go ahead and try it.
-C

BAH!

Not long ago I redownloaded the mediaVPs since the old ones were.... problematic .  Now I have to redownload them.

Thank god for collegiate networks with infinitie bandwidth and cheap USB flash drives.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Did you add the apply-to-wing interface art?

Offline WMCoolmon

-C

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by StratComm
...and other than one small bug I ran across (a missing poly, oddly enough) the Orion is ready as well.

That would be THIS bug right?

You might also want to give the default model a blank nameplate and make sure rotation data is added in for the multi-part turrets.  You'll have to add them in in PCS, since MODview deletes glowpoint data (from my experience), so just remember that PCS has its Y and Z axes for rotation miss-matched.  Selecting "Y" will yeild a "Z" result if you test rotations in MODview.

I was also noticing, that the Orion has all the antenae on the lower front, given subsystem flags in the submodel data.  Are you planning on making these non-targettable subsystems for cool dammage effects?  Would another table file be included in this to support this feature?  I assume that the 3.6.6 VPs are intended to co-incide with the release of the 3.6.6 build, since destroyable, non-targettable submodels are not supported under 3.6.5.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kie99

Will this have the new title screen?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic

That would be THIS bug right?

You might also want to give the default model a blank nameplate and make sure rotation data is added in for the multi-part turrets.  You'll have to add them in in PCS, since MODview deletes glowpoint data (from my experience), so just remember that PCS has its Y and Z axes for rotation miss-matched.  Selecting "Y" will yeild a "Z" result if you test rotations in MODview.

I was also noticing, that the Orion has all the antenae on the lower front, given subsystem flags in the submodel data.  Are you planning on making these non-targettable subsystems for cool dammage effects?  Would another table file be included in this to support this feature?  I assume that the 3.6.6 VPs are intended to co-incide with the release of the 3.6.6 build, since destroyable, non-targettable submodels are not supported under 3.6.5.

Later!

Bingo.  That's the missing poly.  The original model had several and I tracked most of them down, but it looks like one still slipped through.  Turrets actually don't actually need rotational data (believe me, they work) as the game ignores it even if it's there.  As for Modview, I still have to use it to set MOI, and yes, it does delete glowpoint data.  I'm currently resorting to keeping a backup and manually copying over the glow chunk when I'm done fixing things.  And yes, all of the "pipe" objects are there so you can hack tables and make them invisible-destroyable.  I didn't impliment a table solution though, because I want the stock model to be 100% compatable with :v: tables.  Which it is.

Blank nameplate: no problem.  One transparent 4x4 tga, coming up.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 10:09:04 am by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Out of curiousity, is the co-op campaign the one straight from the VWArchives?  Because if it is, it doesn't work very well when it comes to the loop missions (like mission 2 of the first loop).

I recall fixing some of those problems when I took it in hand.

I used to host my 'fixed' version on Swooh and I would direct you to that, but as we all know that is no longer an option.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 10:20:48 am by 1077 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Downloading. Since I'm going to be the one fixing any problems people report I'd better take a good look at this :D

Did you include the low poly Fenris and Leviathan models I posted BTW?

Seems silly to force people to use mv_Models just to have the Fenris and Leviathan look different.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 11:09:04 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Luigi30

MediaVP 3.6.6? With co-op campaign! WOOT!

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
So... these VP's work with the 3.6.5 executable? Alright, I gotcha...

EDIT: Will there eventually be any way to get the mv_effects and mv_aseffects to work in multiplayer, and still save stats?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 03:30:45 pm by 2478 »
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by StratComm
Bingo.  That's the missing poly.  The original model had several and I tracked most of them down, but it looks like one still slipped through.  Turrets actually don't actually need rotational data (believe me, they work) as the game ignores it even if it's there.  As for Modview, I still have to use it to set MOI, and yes, it does delete glowpoint data.  I'm currently resorting to keeping a backup and manually copying over the glow chunk when I'm done fixing things.  And yes, all of the "pipe" objects are there so you can hack tables and make them invisible-destroyable.  I didn't impliment a table solution though, because I want the stock model to be 100% compatable with :v: tables.  Which it is.

Blank nameplate: no problem.  One transparent 4x4 tga, coming up.

I've also noticed a problem with the Orion related to its position somehow.  Basically, when one is warping in, the warp vortex is open for a few seconds before the nose emerges, and the vortex closes before the back end has exited the node.  The warp effect kinda closes on the back end of the ship.  I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix that.

WMC: In regards to the Hi-Poly Fenris & Leviathan, could you create a blank nameplate for these as well and change the default models to use that instead of the GTC Orff one?  I've done this for my models (same with Orion), but others could benefit from not seeing GTC Orff on every Fenris and Leviathan that's in a mission.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!