Author Topic: Kings of FREDding - ( Split from the FoEP thread)  (Read 13278 times)

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
Kings of FREDding - ( Split from the FoEP thread)
As far as missions ive played BR are the best, and from what ive seen Karajoma is the most knowledgable about it

but what do i know i cant FRED;):p
(see title; goob can we change that back or sometihn:p)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 12:12:23 am by 156 »
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Hmm... Lets see my records... Well, I've started FREDding in 2004... Lets go back... And back... And back... Still back... Back 'til im 6.  Starcraft was recently released, and im - what's this?  I'm sitting on my computer making a Starcraft map using Staredit!  Foward... I'm 10 and I'm still mapping, only I moved from Starcraft to Brood War to Mech Commander 2 to Warcraft 3.  Seems that I started to learn HTML then too... Then comes The Frozen Throne... Then I discover Freespace 2, and soon after SCP!  I love the game and decide to learn how to FRED.  At day one of opening FRED2, I created that tutorial mission.  Day 2, I downloaded SCP and installed it.  Day 3, I got SCP working.  Day 4, I get the idea for a player-as-a-capship mission but soon find out that it would suck.  Day 259, I realize that I CAN make a player-as-a-capship mission play decently!  Day 260, my computer decides to implode, and all my ideas are tossed in a can and thrown off a cliff.  Day 301, I post this.

I have been making "missions" for roughly half my entire life. (holy crap!  I'm only 12, but I often glance down upon those thirty years older than I)  Though, (due to my being only 13 in four months) if I was the best FREDder it would be a miracle from god.  However, I can say that I am a pretty damn good one.  The main thing I learned about my rather awkward situation is that if you convince people that you are right, you will go far.

I need a life.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 12:28:41 am by 2397 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Dark RevenantX
I'm only 12
Seriously?

Offline Nuclear1

:jaw:

Whoa.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I act and look like im 14, though...

Stop looking at me!

I thought I was the youngest member here... never bothered to look into it tho... I registered when I was... 13, I think. Yes, 13. I guess I'm not as young as I thought. That reminds me... 15 days until my birthday. And yes, I am still alive. Just in a vegetative state.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Blitzerland

No, you can't. Man, I've never wanted to hit someone so badly...I've been FREDing since the game came out.

Dream on.  :no:

wait 'till you play my missions for GTI and Pathways. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

You should never be so arrogant as to say you're better at FREDing than someone else, when you really have no clue. I seriously doubt you're more experienced than me. It's really quite childish to argue over, really.

wait 'till you play my missions for GTI and Pathways.  

With nuclear1's guidance, your mission(s) for GTI might be good, as for Pathways...I'm not even going to make a comment on that.

And I've got something coming out, too, you know. :p
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 04:56:01 pm by 1278 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay you two. Calm it down. If you really want to prove who's better then either crank out some missions or prove it the way I did by helping other people with their missions enough that people can see you know your way around FRED pretty well.

Bragging about how good you are is a waste of time unless you have something to back it up with.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nuclear1

People, this is the third time I've had to say this...
Now turn it down before another potentially useful thread gets locked and thrown away.
[/b]

Cobra, Blitz: Knock it off, both of you. Hard Light is not a place for you to go flaunting your egos around. Blitz, I believe your experience; Cobra, check the GTI internals and pick another mission to FRED.

Seriously, people, knock it off. For the third time. :doubt:

I act and look like im 14, though...

Had no idea you were that young. You certainly don't appear so on here :nod:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I wholeheartedly agree with Karajorma, you can't just say "Hey, I'm better than you!" unless you have solid proof that your claim is correct.  If you put up "Hey, I'm better that you!", then post your best map and his best map, then people wouldn't have to yell at you.

Due to my lack of a good Windows OS machine, I'm reduced to playing a game quite litterally made out of squares and triangles.  You are this little fighter that looks like a bunch of building blocks glued together, and you have to shoot at enemies and collect their debris, all while dodging a completely overwhelming mass of brightly colored "projectiles" going in every direction.  Whoever made the game is undoubtedly insane.  If you want the game, then buy a Mac and get the application from the osx downloads section in the Apple site.

I still need a life.

You´re forgetting some great Fredders here, people...
Kellan, Agatheron, FireSplat, IceFire, Ace an Dynamo should sound familiar. :)

Offline Nuclear1

Well, no one can forget them, of course ;) After all, K&A gave us our beloved Derelict, didn't they? :D

Offline Kie99

I recognise IceFire, Agatheron and Kellan.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Whatever happened to Dynamo and Kellen, anyway?

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
RL i think
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Nuclear1

OHNOESLOLZ10101TEHYSHULDHVEDUNDERELCT2@@@@!!!!!1111oneoneoneslash

OHNOESLOLZ10101TEHYSHULDHVEDUNDERELCT2@@@@!!!!!111

You frighten me in ways I find difficult to describe. :p

At least The Almighty King of FREDing Himself is renovating Derelict.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I'd hate to be a modern King Tut, sooo I think I'l bow down too...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
You people need help. :wtf:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist