Author Topic: Kings of FREDding - ( Split from the FoEP thread)  (Read 13224 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Kings of FREDding - ( Split from the FoEP thread)
I agree!

Oh, wait...

Offline Nuclear1

Indeed.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Slanker_MT
You´re forgetting some great Fredders here, people...
Kellan, Agatheron, FireSplat, IceFire, Ace an Dynamo should sound familiar. :)

It's very easy to miss FREDders. The main reason I haven't locked this thread already is cause FREDders rarely get the props they deserve. The problem is of course that while you can post a picture of a half completed model and get everyone to applaud your skill the only time people can see how good you are at FREDding is when you release a campaign.

Posting help for other FREDders on here shows technical ability but for all we know your missions could be no fun to play because they are too hard, too easy or just plain uninteresting.

So the funny thing is that there are some campaigns I'm looking forwards to not so much because of the plotline (although that may be great) but because I want to see what the FREDders involved are up to.
I'd probably put Scroll of Atankharzim at the top of that list. As far as I know I haven't played anything by Sesquipedalian ever but from the postings I've seen by him I can tell that he knows his way around FRED at least as well as I do.

There are quite a few other campaigns I could mention that also interest me for the same reason.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by karajorma
I'd probably put Scroll of Atankharzim at the top of that list. As far as I know I haven't played anything by Sesquipedalian ever but from the postings I've seen by him I can tell that he knows his way around FRED at least as well as I do.

:yes:

you should check the forum as well.  theres some nice screen caps.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma

It's very easy to miss FREDders. The main reason I haven't locked this thread already is cause FREDders rarely get the props they deserve. The problem is of course that while you can post a picture of a half completed model and get everyone to applaud your skill the only time people can see how good you are at FREDding is when you release a campaign.

the only people keeping FS2 alive are the FREDers and the codemonkeys. :yes:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
and the modelers, artists, story people, and slackers.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

...and the project leaders, webmasters, and trolls.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
nah, trolls only get in the way. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
and the voice actors.

:nervous: What? Stop giving me that look.

Yeah that one! :p
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Slasher

Skittles.  You practically forgot Skittles!  (20,000 Purple Drazi points to whoever recognizes this FREDders other nickname.  Hint: he was already mentioned here once in that other nickname.)

M&M's? :p
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Kie99

EDIT: Upon reflection I have decided this post was unnecessary and inflammatory.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:33:21 pm by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

...Was it addressed to me?

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
slasher who are you talking about?(skittles)
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by Jetmech Jr.
...Was it addressed to me?

No.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Blitzerland

You frighten me in ways I find difficult to describe. :p

At least The Almighty King of FREDing Himself is renovating Derelict.

Actually, I'd call him more the king of freespace campaigns than the king of FREDding.

That title ought to go to Karajoma - simply because he's the most famous FREDdite here, despite the lack of missions. Simply releasing missions is one thing, but actually being able to manipulate FRED to do things one never though possible is another. I've seen some of the stuff Karajoma's made, and his knowledge. Hands down, I'd say that he's the King of FRED itself.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i second that. All hail Karajorma, King of FREDing!

Guys, guys. I thought this was clear.

Blaise Russel=Campaign King, as made clear by his title.

Karajorma=FRED King, as made clear by his ability to manipulate FRED into doing wierd and unnatural things.

Put them together and you have the King and Que...King and King of Freespace Mission-Building.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Slasher

Originally posted by Night Hammer
slasher who are you talking about?(skittles)

FireSplat.  Skittles was his old nickname.  I guess you'd have to be from the Second Generation VBB group or earlier to get that.  I feel so old now... :sigh:

Who could forget the other regulars on the VBB's FRED2 help forum?  Or other ancients?  Eth,  M'Prok,  Zarathud, Peter Drake, the guy who wrote the original FRED2 retail walkthrough, and ZylonBane (oh wait, he's still around, isn't he?). :D

Someone here has to tell me that at least one of those names is familiar!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 12:24:50 pm by 313 »

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
Zarathud and Eth sound familiar and ZB
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:50:18 pm by 156 »
Stop... Hammertime :hammer: