Terrans.
17 (22.4%)
Vasudans.
42 (55.3%)
Shivans.
17 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: April 30, 2005, 03:28:37 pm

Author Topic: The Superior Race  (Read 8615 times)

The Vasudans seem superior to the Terrans.  I'm sure the whole species is sick of hearing 'except for the Aten', so I won't bring it up. :)

They recovered from the Great War faster, didn't disintegrate even after their homeworld was destroyed, and appeared to be the dominant partner in the GTVA immediately post-GW.  The Terrans inherited their design asthetic, and I wouldn't be surprised if they adopted other cultural aspects as well.

Interesting idea for a post-Capella campaign, actually.  Given the trends in between FS1 and FS2, if the Terrans don't reenter Sol in a few decades, they will become more and more Vasudan-like.  Now there's an excuse for GTVA-EA conflict.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Who made the Aten during the Great War? And then on top of that, kept using it through the second?

and on top of THAT, built an almost same-level useless cruiser on that?

Now which race made the Fenris...and then muscled it to the Leviathan, and then created the holy terror of most fighter pilots, the Aeolus? Now, compare the losses of Aeoli to that of Fenris and Leviathan cruisers. I'd say that more of the latter were lost, in ratio, than the former. Also remember, a significant number would have been lost To the NTF! NOT to the shivans, so you really can't claim the 20/24 loss thing, since I bet a significant number actually betrayed the GTVA...

Besides, the Vasudans are evil!! Why else did Bosch create the NTF? He obviously found out some big secret they were hiding and decided to kill em off while we still had a chance!
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I think the whole arguement wheter the humans or vasudans are superior is moot.

The whole fact that has to be showed down our throats (of both species) that from the very moment we made contact our fates had intervened and we were no longer distinguishable people since the actions of one specie irrevocably brought a change in the other as well.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Agreed, this whole Terran vs. Vasudan debate is bull****.

During the Great War, the Vasudan scientists discovered the Ancient records which allowed the GTD Bastion and it's strike force to track down the Lucifer in subspace. Terrans on the other hand developed the GTB Ursa and the GTW-N1 Harbringer which made it possible to destroy the Lucifer in the first place. The GTM-9 Interceptor missile combined Terran and Vasudan technologies. The GTW-15 Avenger was developed by the Terrans.

The whole point of FS1 was old enemies uniting to beat the Shivans. It saddens me truly that both the NTF and the HoL seem to have so many followers these days. Were it not for the combined efforts of Terrans and Vasudans in FS1, there wouldn't even BE any GTVA existing in 2365, let alone neither species.
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Do I have to go Kalfireth on you all? ;)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
All right, this discussion is getting way too philosophical and deep for this thread. :p

P.S. Phear the Shivans!

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
i never thought i would se the Snuffleupagans in a vote thread again, Goob stop messing with the results ;)
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Originally posted by Andreas
The whole point of FS1 was old enemies uniting to beat the Shivans. It saddens me truly that both the NTF and the HoL seem to have so many followers these days. Were it not for the combined efforts of Terrans and Vasudans in FS1, there wouldn't even BE any GTVA existing in 2365, let alone neither species.

I just think they build cooler ships. :p Hol is just a bunch of religious fanatics, and the NTF is just a bunch of bigots. They can both kiss my ass. Long live the GTVA!
Originally posted by Pnakotus
Interesting idea for a post-Capella campaign, actually.  Given the trends in between FS1 and FS2, if the Terrans don't reenter Sol in a few decades, they will become more and more Vasudan-like.  Now there's an excuse for GTVA-EA conflict.

The Terrans are still clearly Terran and the Vasudans are still clearly Vasudan, however their cultures are slowly blending. It's only natural for that to happen. Neither is superior, because someone would've won the T-V War then, which lasted for 14 years. If not for the Shivans, they'd still be at each other's throats, because they were both too stupid to realize how similar they actually are. Hmm, sounds like Earth, except we're all the same frickin' species!

At least this is a more civilized argument as opposed to the thread on abortion.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
My vote goes to HLP, we build the bestest ships of them all ;)

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I'm not a big fan of the GTVA* either...bunch of hard handed bureocrats - what if me and my system wanted to secede? No just, no they clamp down on our nodes, bring in millitary police and try to shove down our throat the propaganda that it's all for our own good....

...yuck.

*I'm no fan of any government**
**I'm not one of those idealistic anarchists either, I'm just nihilistic
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

It's only natural for a state to hold onto its territory. I agree though, government blows.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Code: [Select]
Snuffleupagans.  1000 95.15%

The admins strike again. :shaking:

TERRANS PWN THE GALAXY!!!11111
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta