Author Topic: Yet another example of Bush hipocracy  (Read 1629 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Yet another example of Bush hipocracy
Bush does have a remarkable capacity to look thick as two short planks, though. Especially considering that he has speechwriters.

Offline Zarax

Just to pile up some other dung:

Philip A. Cooney (Bush's environmental advisor) just resigned as it was found he... ahem, tamed the environmental reports in order to make them look better to the president eyes.

Meanwhile, Schwarzy is working on an environmental plan for California that is Kyoto compliant...

Now, not to interfere in your internal affairs guys but if I was in the GOP I'd try to make an amendment to fix the nationality "issue"... Looks like Hillary got some muscled opposition :p
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Not to mention it's soon going to be illegal to 'deface' the American flag in any way. So say you wanted to release an album with a cover of the American Flag with a Skull and Crossbones on it? Forget it. Want to do some topical political art involving the Stars and stripes? Nope. It appears the symbol is now more important than the freedom of expression it's supposed to represent ;)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
*cough*DemolitionMan*cough*
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Originally posted by Flipside
Not to mention it's soon going to be illegal to 'deface' the American flag in any way. So say you wanted to release an album with a cover of the American Flag with a Skull and Crossbones on it? Forget it. Want to do some topical political art involving the Stars and stripes? Nope. It appears the symbol is now more important than the freedom of expression it's supposed to represent ;)

lol wtf

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:lol:

Also, have you noticed where Bush plans to shove America's first new power station in 30 odd years?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/latimests/20050622/ts_latimes/nuclearindustrylaysfoundationforcomeback

I wonder if that's intentional? ;)

Offline Zarax

Originally posted by Sandwich
*cough*DemolitionMan*cough*

That's what I thought.

It seems that the US can still learn a couple of lessons from (a native of) Europe :D
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Not to mention it's soon going to be illegal to 'deface' the American flag in any way.

Says who?
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline JoeLo

Originally posted by nuclear1
And, once again, the brilliant and well-trained news analysts at YTMND.com shed their expert advice (which is, of course, not backed by photoshopped or simply randomly-taken pictures at times during speeches or otherwise where anyone would look like an idiot) on the subject of Bush's intelligence. :rolleyes:

Bear in mind that you are right in your first paragraph, and I will accept that Bush's father gave a donation (*cough*bribe*cough*) to Yale to let him in, but seriously... if you're basing your political opinion off a website built entirely off of jokes, then you need to do serious reading (though I do give you credit for the first paragraph; makes you not seem like a total idiot).

Ummm I actually made that site, and I was using this to "advertise" it but yeah really I hate Bush, I hate Bush more than those damned Prom-R

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Originally posted by Ford Prefect

Says who?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050622/ap_on_go_co/flag_burning;_ylt=Aq5NbYcgJExWeQNVEaf7h5es0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Though, it's been updated, the original report said that it stood a good chance of getting through this time, it's been altered now to make it look not quite as certain ;)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by JoeLo

Actually we were extrelemy freindly to Iraq, until they got those pesky things to protect their oil rights, essentialy raising prices.

What do you mean smart enough to appear that dumb go to http://bushisspecial.ytmnd.com that should be enough proof that hes a moron. Really that should be all the proof you need.
Also Bush's father made a massive donation to Yale the year he was accepted, one of the largest in history, concidience, no.

Wow, he must be really dumb! :rolleyes:

No, I haven't looked at his business history. Although considering how much people complain about his family being rich and him being an 'oil king', one would expect it to not be that bad.
-C

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
[q]
Joe Swanson: Peter, it's over.

Peter Griffin: Over? What are you talking about? What kind of talk is that? It's un-American. Did George W. Bush quit even after losing the popular vote? No! Did he quit after losing millions of dollars of his father's money in failed oil companies? No! Did he quit after knocking that girl up? No! Did he quit after he got that DUI? No! Did he quit after he got busted for drunk and disorderly conduct at a football game? No! Did he quit...

Joe Swanson: I get the message, Peter.
[/q]

Um... his career;
EDIT (this was from a site called 'famous texans' or something... I forgot to post the link.  Seems reliable enough, though.)
[q]Profession: In the West Texas energy business, George W. Bush started out researching who owned mineral rights. He later traded mineral and royalty interests and invested in drilling prospects. He had started his own oil and gas company by 1978, taking $17,000 from his education trust fund to set up Arbusto Energy (arbusto means Bush in Spanish). The company fell on hard times when oil prices fell. He made several attempts to revive the business, first by changing the company's name and later by merging with other companies. In 1983, Bush’s company was rescued from failure when Spectrum 7 Energy Corporation, a small oil firm owned by William DeWitt and Mercer Reynolds, bought it. Bush became chief executive officer. Harken Energy Corporation acquired Spectrum 7 in 1986, after Spectrum had lost $400,000. In the buyout deal, Bush and his partners were given more than $2 million worth of Harken stock for the 180-well operation. Bush became a director and was hired as a "consultant" to Harken. He received another $600,000 of Harken stock, and has been paid between $42,000 and $120,000 a year. By the spring of 1987, Harken was in need of cash. So Bush and his fellow Harken officials met with Jackson Stephens, head of Stephens, Inc., an investment bank in Little Rock, Arkansas (Stephens contributed $100,000 to the Reagan-Bush campaign in 1980 and gave another $100,000 to the Bush dinner committee in 1990.) Stephens arranged for Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) to provide $25 million to Bush’s company in return for a stock interest in Harken. As part of the deal, Sheikh Abdullah Bakhsh, a Saudi real estate tycoon and financier, joined Harken's board as a major investor. Stephens, UBS, and Bakhsh each had ties to the infamous, scandal-ridden Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI). In 1990, Bush sold his remaining stock options and left the oil business. Writer Jack Colhoun revealed some details of that stock sale, referring to Bush by his childhood nickname “Junior”:

On June 22, 1990, George Jr. sold two-thirds of his Harken stock for $848,560-a cool 200 percent profit. The move was well timed. One week after Junior sold his stock, Harken announced a $23.2 million loss in quarterly earnings and Harken stock dropped sharply, losing 60 percent of its value over the next six months. On August 2, 1990, Iraqi troops moved into Kuwait and 541,000 U.S. forces were deployed to the Gulf.

"There is substantial evidence to suggest that Bush knew Harken was in dire straits in the weeks before he sold the $848,560 of Harken stock," asserted U.S. News & World Report. The magazine noted Harken appointed Junior to a 'fairness committee' to study possible economic restructuring of the company. Junior worked closely with financial advisers from Smith Barney, Harris Upham & Company, who concluded "only drastic action could save Harken."

A year earlier, in 1989, Bush prepared for his move from the oil business to the sports business when he helped assemble a group who purchased the Texas Rangers baseball team from Eddie Chiles. He and Rusty Rose served as managing general partners until Bush was elected Governor of Texas in 1994.[/q]

Another source from a definately biased[/b] site; http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm#harken

3 failed oil companies, really.  Incidentally, one of the main investors in Arbusto oil was reportedly none other than (via a representative named James R Bath) Salem Bin Ladin.  Who was Osamas brother.  And died in a plane crash in 1988 (which I guess avoids those awkward family dinners).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:39:51 am by 181 »