Author Topic: with the closing of the squad war BB on monday, how long do you think the FS2 BB has?  (Read 5583 times)

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
with the closing of the squad war BB on monday, how long do you think the FS2 BB has?
not long, i gather  

[This message has been edited by Carl (edited 11-10-2001).]
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
with the closing of the squad war BB on monday, how long do you think the FS2 BB has?
I think FRED is next to go  

Looks like THQ is trying to strangle off support for the Interplay published games.  

I am so glad, i moved over to the HLP!

------------------
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens
-------------------------
AKA Corporalpingree at the VBB.
'Well thats a switch'
PTE Hudson
Aliens
-------------------------
AKA Corporalpingree at the VBB.

Offline Slasher

I hope the FRED2 forum doesn't go.  It was one of the few places on the VBB that served a useful purpose.  

I wouldn't worry too much.  Even if the Interplay and   olition run boards die it won't effect us here.  When those places go TU they'll just hang out over here.

It's just up to us to tell the peeps we want to continue to be active in the comunity where we are  

------------------
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

[This message has been edited by jonskowitz (edited 11-10-2001).]
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Originally posted by jonskowitz:
I wouldn't worry too much.  Even if the Interplay and   olition run boards die it won't effect us here.  When those places go TU they'll just hang out over here.

AHHHHHHH!!!! NEWBIE INFLUX! NEWBIE INFLUX! GGGAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
(So what if my post cont's really low  )

------------------
Creator of Freespace 2: Terran Home campaign, website is unkown_target.tripod.com/fs2-terranhome
without the www.,  remember ;)!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Besides, FS2 Mplayer also got whacked....

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

It's just up to us to tell the peeps we want to continue to be active in the comunity where we are    

That it is. There may still be hope yet.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Need to make sure they know where this is, though.  

Offline Kitsune

Who remembers a few months back some idiot was impersonating a V employee and started a thread saying that the fred2 forum would be shut down?

------------------
~Space Kitsuné
6-tailed modder.
~Space Kitsuné
6-Tailed RPG Nut.

"Why the hell don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"
"But Sir, we have Tempests, Rockeyes, and unknown bombs."
"Like I said ensign, 'Why don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"

"I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out."  -Groucho Marx

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Guess I could add HLP to my siggy over there and p1mp it like crazy.  

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

"Oh and Kazan - you have some nice rocks" - Thunder

Material Defender Studios
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html

Originally posted by Unkown Target:
(So what if my post cont's really low   )

Newbie is a state of mind, not a post count.

------------------
Visit Warpstorm.  Do it now.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp

Originally posted by Unkown Target:
(So what if my post cont's really low    )

Did you know you spelled your name wrong?

[This message has been edited by Shrike (edited 11-11-2001).]
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Originally posted by Shrike:
 Did you know you spelled your name wrong?

[This message has been edited by Shrike (edited 11-11-2001).]

Yeah, it's one of my many charms    

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by Eishtmo:
Newbie is a state of mind, not a post count.

Exactly. Put it in your sig.  

[This message has been edited by Setekh (edited 11-12-2001).]
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Just ready the Hammer of HLP 0wnage, you can't let them make this place into the VBB...  
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Originally posted by Styxx:
Just ready the Hammer of HLP 0wnage, you can't let them make this place into the VBB...  

Exactly.  

------------------
"You know you've played Freespace too much when you're driving along trying to use countermeasures to shake off pursuing highway police." - Top Gun

"Oh and Kazan - you have some nice rocks" - Thunder

"stapled myself to an office chair, forgot about it, and was stuck for 2 hours for one thing" - Stryke 9

Material Defender Studios
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Grey Wolf

Any newbies who flame at GTD Wolf are going to be thrown right out the airlock. (In other words, complete ownage)
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline TDM/JM

I dunno, my son kicked off a thread at the VBB that lasted for over a hundred posts, and I can't recall a single flame. Of course, maybe we were just very, very, very lucky.

I know that the Volition guys swore off the VBB because of all the crap over there. And I've been wondering how long corporate at THQ would put up with the VBB free-for-all.

Has anyone every thought of extending a personal invitation to V-people to look in on us from time to time over here? Participate a little, perhaps even under an "assumed identity," after work? My impression was that some of them had many regrets about the demise of FS after v.2.

Naturally, if the VBB closes FS2, we'll be playing *Freespace 3* over here -- hordes of nasty "Shivans" displaced by a superior species descend upon the valiant but small-in-number Hard Light warriors, who desperately defend their part of space . . . .  

Ascraeus
Ascraeus

Offline YodaSean

• i am so special
    • http://www.geocities.com/radioactiveyeti
I registered here along time ago, but didn't post much.  Now that the FS2 BB has gone completely nuts with all of this SW stuff, I''m going to post here instead.

Too bad the game didn't get anymore support than it did, it had a really great community  

------------------

[This message has been edited by YodaSean (edited 11-12-2001).]