Author Topic: Questions...  (Read 4614 times)

Will there be campaings covering Homeworld 1 or Cataclysm also?
Will there be Kadesh?
And, will TAP happen in story of the game or just in the universe?

Offline Nuclear1

Piece-by-piece...
Will there be campaings covering Homeworld 1 or Cataclysm also?

We will more than likely have them, yes. :) The minicampaigns and full-length campaigns that are in development are currently for Homeworld 2, but we will likely have HW1 and Cata in the near future as well.

Will there be Kadesh?

Because we are porting everything Homeworld to Freespace, the Kadesh will more than likely be included in the Homeworld 1 Pack.

And, will TAP happen in story of the game or just in the universe?

TAP is divided amongst several full-length and mini-campaigns that tell stories in the Homeworld universe, many of them alongside the main campaigns of each game. While we will likely make Freespace versions of these campaigns, we have the other stories in development at the moment.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
nuclear1 pretty much sums it up yah. :)

Basically our goal is to view the Homeworld universe from a pilots perspective in our current storylines which is difficult to do if we are trying to recreate the original campaign.

Once we have enough content in the mod however, anything is possible. Plus people will be very much able to make their own campaigns and missions. Which is the ultimate goal of TAP. :)

More able staff means faster progress and thus a sooner release. As it stands currently however, we are only a relatively small team with only a few hours a week free each to work on TAP. Hence why more staff are always wanted, particularly in the realm of modeller's and texture artists.

Offline Rott3

I have another question - will the Gardens of Kadesh (and the Cathedral) take place in a nebula or will you use some backgrounds?
Bet ya can't stick it

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
That's a while off yet, but it depends what we have at the time. By then SCP enhances may provide other options to us, or nebula's can be customized to be more homeworldish. :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Have you found a way to export the skyboxes out of Homeworld ?

I imagine a nice skybox would work best. You could even try to reproduce the "nebula tubes" from the garden of Kadesh with POFs with transparent maps.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Currently we are developing entirely new skyboxes for FS2 based on the Homeworld backgrounds. They aim to be spectacular yet perhaps in a different style than Homeworld. Basically more realistic.

Having transparent, non-collide-able pofs have already crossed my mind and there are a few things we're keeping in mind. Keep in mind though that the first campaign we will be developing content for will be based in Homeworld 2. So the Homeworld one stuff is a long way off, unless we gain more members. :)

Hope that helps. ^_^

Offline Rott3

As Homeworld is one of my favourite games, then what kind of help do you need? I could do some modeling, but first i would need to get my bastard Bob to convert :mad: Stupid Bob
Bet ya can't stick it

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
LoL, Bob?

There's plenty of info in the staff list on the website and the staff wanted thread here in the forum.

We basically need good hi-poly modeller's / texture artists, and maybe some animated effects artists.

If you've got some past experience or just some work to show off feel free to display them in here, or PM me with links. :)

Offline Rott3

Bet ya can't stick it

I could help with moddeling, but currently my computer is not working and propably I have to wait to buy next one.
Other I cant do becouse I dont have FS2. Will TAP be stand-alone like TBP?

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
@ Rott3, LoL yeah I forgot about that awsome little dreadnought fellah.
Would be cool to release a small 40k pack, a big dropship with some dready's mounted on the side. ^_^

@ Kiith-Sa, Hope you get your computer fixed / or a new one soon mate. :)
I'm fairly certain Freespace2 is legally downloadable for free now, you just have to find it. Try Karajourma's FAQ.

As for TAP being standalone; I'd like to say yes, but it depends on the development and how we go with content quantity. It's most likely to eventually be so, when the time comes, we'll probably seek out some help from TBP team to set distribution up.
So if we can, then yes TAP will probably be Stand-alone.

When you guys are ready and able, then I'm willing to bring you guys onboard to help out. :)
With a higher number of active modeller's & texture artists, TAP will reach release much faster. ^_^

Ahhem ... is it intended to use some PDS-style for the HW2 ships??? Because the PDS mod for HW2 makes the game quite FS2 like ... there are big cruisers with a massive CIWS and AMS loadout ... and deadly heavy armed (and armored) strike crafts ... and the concepts of the ships and their armament are well thought ... so i'm asking:

Will the ships for the HW2 TAP be like stock HW2 or more like HW2 PDS??

Offline Jal-18

Stock HW2 in the initial release.  We may do a PDS version later on.  Don't get your hopes up though, we'll need to get through Cata and Homeworld 1 first, and that's going to take a while.  Hopefully with the first release of TAP we'll manege to attract more members to help with the workload.