Author Topic: Are my B5 splash screens broken?  (Read 2580 times)

Are my B5 splash screens broken?
This just occurred to me as I updated Raider Wars: what are the splash screens supposed to look like?  Mine have a bit of text at the top and an image down to the bottom, but many of them (mostly the RW2 ones) make me think maybe they're being displayed wrong and the top and right is being cut off.  Is there any way I can check if they're displaying properly?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Are you by any change using a different resolution than 640x480 or 1024x768?

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
This is what they are supposed to look

Thanks: mine are definately broken.  I assumed they were supposed to be 'letterboxed'. The 'load blocks' strip is a part of the image, but in the wrong place: during mission loads I can see two bars.

I'm just using 1024x768, though: I've never had a sizing issue like this before.  Any ideas on a fix?

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
The loading screens in RW are ok, but the one with excalibur doesn't appear on the whole screen - I'm playing E-M Demo and the loading screen has 2 loading bars; 1 in the picture, the scecond one beneath and it takes only 3/4 of the screen!

I'm playing using stock TBP 3.2   640*480
D3D DX8.1 GeForce 4 MX 440...

EDIT: RW mission 1-3 loading scrren are ok for me (I have installed the RW patch)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 01:26:06 am by 2633 »
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Pnakotus
Thanks: mine are definately broken.  I assumed they were supposed to be 'letterboxed'. The 'load blocks' strip is a part of the image, but in the wrong place: during mission loads I can see two bars.

I'm just using 1024x768, though: I've never had a sizing issue like this before.  Any ideas on a fix?

Can you confirm whether this issue concerns all RW mission loading screens? Can you also confirm whether this issue appears with RW 2.0? Note that after you re-install RW 2.0, you need to delete the 2.01 .vp file yourself.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Same problem is on my setup as well. Using 1024x768 resolution. I reported this to our beta thread on Internal but no one seemed to take special interest on it.

All loading screens are having this problem. I have confirmed it myself. Maybe it is a nVidia driver problem?
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
They work all fine for me and I have a nVidia card. I'm running at 1280x1024 though.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
And I take you have checked whether this issue occurs with later builds as well? If yes, have you mantised the bug? If no, then do so.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
I have nvidia too but the screens work just fine. Odd.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Known issue. The splace/loading screens do funny things in 640 mode but generally behave better in 1024 mode. The bugs are game engine based. The newer builds of FS_Open fix the problem but I wouldn't recommend using those until the AI bugs are fixed. Bottom line. It's something we must live with - for now.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.