Author Topic: The meaning of Some Shivan Ship names!!  (Read 4897 times)

Offline Pez

The meaning of Some Shivan Ship names!!

Originally posted by an0n:
See, now that's what I don't understand. In the good old days, people were massacred in the thousands on a regular basis right? So why the hell would anyone choose farming as there profession? You'd obviously choose warlord or knight so that when the enemy raping and pillaging began, you'd have the skillz to defend yourself or at least have a horse to flee on.

Do you think they wanted to be peasants? They didn't have the money to be a knight or warlord. Nor did they have any education of warfare. And those who were knights or warlords where noble people. And most people were not born in an noble familie. So the people didn't have much choice than to be farmers.

Oh, btw. People still gets massacreded in the thousands on a regular basis but because of that not everyone on this globe joins the military.

[This message has been edited by Pez (edited 11-18-2001).]

Offline YodaSean

• i am so special
    • http://www.geocities.com/radioactiveyeti
Wow!    You people really lost me this time.  What do Aryan peasants have to do with Shivan ship names?

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by YodaSean:
Wow!      You people really lost me this time.  What do Aryan peasants have to do with Shivan ship names?
Glad you asked that question. Here's a step by step dissection fo the topic.

---------------------------------------------
1.Scorpius posted incorrect information:
Other sources have stated,though, that the Rakshasas, who frequently peopled the numerous epic poems of ancient India, were in fact the negroid race of barbarians inhabiting the southern part of India before the conquest of the country by the Aryans.

2.I corrected him:
Of course you know that the race that lived in India before the invasion of the Aryans were a city-dwelling people with advancements surpassing the Egyptian civilization of the same period.

3.an0n made a dumb comment:
Yeah, and the Aryans still kicked their asses. Wo0t.  

4.I pointed out the error in his argument:
What do you expect? They were mainly farmers!

5.an0n made another stupid, uninformed comment:
See, now that's what I don't understand. In the good old days, people were massacred in the thousands on a regular basis right? So why the hell would anyone choose farming as there profession? You'd obviously choose warlord or knight so that when the enemy raping and pillaging began, you'd have the skillz to defend yourself or at least have a horse to flee on.

6.Pez corrected him:
Do you think they wanted to be peasants? They didn't have the money to be a knight or warlord. Nor did they have any education of warfare. And those who were knights or warlords where noble people. And most people were not born in an noble familie. So the people didn't have much choice than to be farmers.

Oh, btw. People still gets massacreded in the thousands on a regular basis but because of that not everyone on this globe joins the military.
---------------------------------------------

An that's how this topic got really OT.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Without any help from me...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist