Author Topic: Severed Dreams mission  (Read 22108 times)

Offline Manji

but the second wave donĀ“t attacks me....after they arrive in front of me
delenn came with some minbari destroyer and then the mission is over...i want to destroy moooooooore :P;7
Walk down the right back alley in Sin City and you can find anything!

Offline -Norbert-

The 2nd wave also included a Midwinter if I remember right.
And they didn't attack, the withrdew:
EA: Something like "This station is under Earth uristiction, leave or we will attack!"
Delenn: "Why not! There is only one human Captain who ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me!
If you value your lives be somewhere else!"
EA ships depart.
Sharidan: "To all ships, return to base."

And I would suggest to disallow the Centauri Primus to fire beams in "The Fall of Night", because on TV it used only the bolt weapons (with where sufficient to shoot one of the frontal stabilizer "wings" off of Babylon 5).
It should still be strong enough to be a great danger.
It didn't even bring out any figher, but I agree that this would make the mission far to easy. One Badger alone would eat that Primus for breakfast.

Offline memento

Indeed a very well done mission although I agree to those critics who said it takes too long until the action begins.

By the way: is there any clue exactly when in 2260 severed dreams takes place? Is there an exact date or at least the month mentioned somewhere?

That piece of information would really help me for my campaign.

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Babylon 5 timeline

EDIT: # 13 April   Severed Dreams The Alexander arrives at B5 carrying General Hague's body.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:36:43 pm by 2633 »
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline CaptJosh

Originally posted by -Norbert-
The 2nd wave also included a Midwinter if I remember right.
And they didn't attack, the withrdew:
EA: Something like "This station is under Earth uristiction, leave or we will attack!"
Delenn: "Why not! There is only one human Captain who ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me!
If you value your lives be somewhere else!"
EA ships depart.
Sharidan: "To all ships, return to base."

Actually, it goes as follows:
DELENN: This is Ambassador Delenn, of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw or be destroyed!

EA OFFICER: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.

DELENN: Why not? Only one human captain has survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else!

This is absolutely one of my favorite exchanges in the whole series. BTW, if someone has a wav file of this, please let me know. It's one thing I can't find a clip of.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:47:23 pm by 2993 »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
You can find alot of B5 audio clips here: http://b5.cs.uwyo.edu/bab5/
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline CaptJosh

Been there. They don't have it unless they've gotten it since I last looked.

EDIT: I guess they've posted it since I last looked. There it is in the Severed Dream sound clips. w00t! Thanks

EDIT2: The sound quality needs work, but at least I have it now. I'll have to keep looking for a better copy though.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 11:29:19 pm by 2993 »
CaptJosh

Offline berus

Offline CaptJosh

A blessing on you, berus. That's just what I was looking for!
CaptJosh

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
I recorded nearly all my samples from my b5 dvd collection.  The one you speak of you already have, go to voice/personas/    can`t remeber the name of the wav file now.  But just listen to em.
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline CaptJosh

Who said I had downloaded the severed dreams mission? I just nitpick sometimes.
CaptJosh

Offline Flex

Is it only me but I can't get Severed Dreams to show up :(
I extracted all the files where they should be, even updated with the newer one in the data/missions but still severed dreams is missing as a campaign and as a mission pack.
Also survor mode just triggers "can't load file" exception when loading... help :(
TPB3.2

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
go to tech room/simulator/single player missions - then all the missions in directory TBP/data/missions are shown...
do not select campaign missions!
severed dreams is a single mission

If they don't show that means that they aren't in the right directory...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Anyone else having probs with this mission.

Don`t forget you need to have tbp base 3.2 (as stand alone) not over a feespace installation.;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 05:56:20 pm by 1832 »
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Flex

Yep, I have a clean TBP 3.2, installed a couple of campaigns and missions installed. I must be blind or have to change the glasses but after I removed a couple of campaigns and missions which I was over with I saw it... it was surely there the whole time but I failing to see it... dunno...

On the survivor mode, I found out that the missions are separate download and downloaded and installed them. The fun part - when I play through the campaign and the level 1 starts, the ship is frozen - I can't move, can't fire and I seems to be invincible too or the enemy simply don't shoot at me (although I can see it is moving). If I press the afterburner the screen blinks in white but I don't move from the current position at all. I have tried over 10 times as with the original fs2_open, and with the newest builds - the same. Only if I delete the campaign, so the missions show up in the simulator (otherwise they show as only 1 campaign mission which can't be started for reason unknown) and start the missions from there I can fly and shoot and pass them (well, the last one was hard :)). Are there plans for new ones, it was lot of fun playing them :)

Offline Malderi

Yeah, I'm having a small problem... can't get any of the voice communication to come up. Mission loads fine, but none of the voice communication does.

I have extracted the voice files into C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\voice, as well as C:\Program Files\Freespace 2\data\voice, just in case. Copied them all, drag-and-drop, and they still don't load.

Edit: Not sure if this will help or not, but I don't even get the text of what they're saying. All I see on the screen is stuff like

"Babylon 5: Incoming audio .. .."
"Alpha 2: Incoming audio .. .."

I see the stuff like "ISN news feed coming in", but not any of the things that are supposed to have voices, I think. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 03:59:13 pm by 2117 »

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
In your voice folder, make another folder called personas.  Put all files in personas archive into this directory.  Also put the briefing files in a "briefing" folder in your Voice folder.

That should do the trick  ;)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Malderi

Yeah, that's where they are. Although in your RAR folder, it's called "Personas", not "personas" (windows is case-sensitive, fun fun), and it still won't work. Everything is in C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project, and all the stuff is in The Babylon Project\data\voice\personas, data\voice\briefings, etc. Still not hearing anything.

Offline -Norbert-

I don't know what Windows version you are useing, but mine (XP with all updates) isn't case sensetive and neither is FreeSpace2 and thus TBP.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
same here, I use Xp, could be the problem, keep me posted
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk