Author Topic: Severed Dreams mission  (Read 22105 times)

A couple of things you might want to change on the mission (which is great by the way):

1)The new starfield would be nice.
2)More importantly you need to edit all the hostile star furies so they don't accept the player orders while they're still friendly. I greatly enjoyed ordering all the soon to be enemy fighters to depart before they became hostile :lol:

Also I always thought Babylon 5 was side on to the jumpgate.

Offline Flex

ROFL
I should try this trick :))

Offline -Norbert-

Maybe you should make the EA attack force neutral instead of friendly (or however the 3rd faction is called).

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
The starfield has been added, and all player orders have been removed from all ships, and a few other minor changes.  This will appear in the release of the heat em up campaign next summer.
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by madaboutgames
all player orders have been removed from all ships,

Yeah I always forget to do that too. :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Just finished a new campaign " Infestation" you should check it out and see if ya have the same probs.
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
I know its a nightmare, is there no way to turn it off.  In general and being realistic there are not many misions that would require every friendly craft to be ordered by a pilot.  :lol:
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
Severed dreams updated, so you don`t have to wait till next summer.

Player orders removed for nearly all ships.
Satrfield added
Loading screen added
A few bug fixes and failed event fixes
Messages disabled

Get it here

http://www.b5heatemup.co.uk/SeveredDreamsupdate.rar

;) :) :D :) ;) :)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Fabbro

Is anyone doing the B5 model with the advanced defense grid?

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Propably not yet...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Manunkind

• Ummm...
I've just downloaded it and I'm going to give it a go :)

Off topic: A really big 'hats off' and 'thank you' to everyone who contributed to creating and perfecting TBP :yes: :nod: :D
You must have really spent an INSANE amount of time on it, I admire you guys and really appreciate your work. Again, big thanks and all the best :nod: :D

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
the advanced defense grid is only a matter of changin weapons, when we have accurate descriptions of it during the seasons we can do that ourselves via fred
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Fabbro

What about the massive green gun? B5 definately needs a bit more fire power (it took out a friging centauri Primus)

Offline -Norbert-

Originally posted by madaboutgames
the advanced defense grid is only a matter of changin weapons, when we have accurate descriptions of it during the seasons we can do that ourselves via fred

I fear it won't be that easy.
When they installed the new defence grid, they not only replaced the guns in the old turrets, but added new turrets to B5 (like the big plasma guns and the interceptor above the command deck), so it is neccessary to update the model.

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by -Norbert-
Maybe you should make the EA attack force neutral instead of friendly (or however the 3rd faction is called).

unknown would be more appropiate

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
All we can do until we have a new model is change the weapons, its better than nowt until all 3 different weapon spec models are done.

As far as the EA attack force status I decided to keep at as it was for realism.  These are earth ships so targets automatically are friendly, when they take hostile action they turn red as they would in real life. (well b5 life)  The whole targeting system of the fighters are controlled by C&C.  If they are unknown or nuetral it would look a bit odd being EA ships.  So i decided to keep it this way.
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

www.heatemup.co.uk

Offline Roanoke

Yeah, but they are a possibly hostile arriving to take control of B5. Doesn't really matter though.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Marking them as friendly gives you time to do the whole sheridan "I don't want to have to fight you" thing though.

Pretty hard to do that convincingly when Furies and Thunderbolts are blatting away at each other :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline CaptJosh

So I finally decide to get and take a look at this mission, and the link to get it is broken.

EDIT: Found that I had already downloaded a copy.

EDIT2: Found that I had not downloaded a complete copy. Just the mission itself. No audio. Yech...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:49:53 pm by 2993 »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline CaptJosh

Ok, I got the whole mission last night. Or rather very early this morning. Played through with sound. Very nice. I do, however, have a couple notes of constructive criticism.

The first thing I noticed was the ambient light level in the mission. It's rather high, right now, particularly on B5 itself. It makes the station look too bright and clean, even somewhat cartoonish, when it always looked kind of dull and even a little dingy in the show.

Secondly, it's probably a devil of a thing to try to do, but it would be nice if the comms animations matched better with the actual voices. If this is technically infeasible, don't worry about it.

Finally, what is up with the coloration on those Sharlins? The purples are too bright on them. And the main body of the ship is colored beige? May I suggest you google "Minbari" and "Sharlin" on google images? Minbari ships are a sort of dull more blue than purple color all over with a sort of indistinct striping.
Even the Whitestar looked off, too bright.

At least part of the brightness is probably due to the ambient light level, but I couldn't say for sure.

Hope this helps with the details some.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.