Author Topic: How do YOU play Freespace?  (Read 17055 times)

Offline Slanker

How do YOU play Freespace?
kayboaad!
Here comes my sig... oh finished :D

Keyboard for me...and why did I not register here until today?

------------------
"Don't make others suffer for your personal hatred."
     Dr. Ritsuko Akagi, Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 12, "The Value of a Miracle Is..."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Boct1584:
...and why did I not register here until today?

Hmmm.. good question. 'Bout time you showed up here.  

lol@the "newbie"  

Welcome...mumble mumble... exits... mumble... under seats... mumble.  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...

Originally posted by sandwich:

Welcome...mumble mumble... exits... mumble... under seats... mumble.  

[translation]
Welcome to HLP....
Shotguns under seats....
[/translation]

Originally posted by Eishtmo:
Top Gun Thrustmaster, the only real joystick around.

Same here, Thrustmaster's Top Gun. Great tool, whether it's about flying a F4-U Corsair or a Perseus.  

Originally posted by Eishtmo:

Not that I've played Freespace recently.  Hell, I haven't touched the program in nearly a year.

Same here. I've been too busy.  
The nick is not a typo, it's a pun.

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
Dude, Terorist, hardcore bad choice of names.
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Thorn:
[translation]
Welcome to HLP....
Shotguns under seats....
[/translation]

[stage whisper]PSSSST! You forgot the part about the emergency exits![/stage whisper]

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Originally posted by Night Hammer:
Dude, Terorist, hardcore bad choice of names.

Even worse choice would be changing a name just because you know why. I've used this nick in the VBB and elsewhere for a long time and thus decided to use it here as well. It's not the name I use outside gaming stuff, though. Besides, there's a single r in it, not two.   It's formed from my real name "Tero", as a joke. Good for Counter-Strike.  
The nick is not a typo, it's a pun.

Offline diamondgeezer

Cheap-***  Saitek stick, with the tension cranked all the way up (Helps keep my Eurofighter on course that way, but you need the strength of ten men to move the damn thing...)

PS Now that I've signed up with Aldo, I feel maybe I should start posting here a little more often.

------------------
Yeeaaarrgh! I'm cursed!

Junior SEXP-Wrangler, RECIPROCITY

Diamond Geezer - Last of the Brunnen-G

Offline Thorn

[stage whisper]PSSSST! You forgot the part about the emergency exits![/stage whisper]

He doesnt need to know that  

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
I used to have a Genius Thrustmaster joystick btu after neglecting it for almost half a year, it broke down.

So much for Taiwan engineering. I'm getting a force feedback joystick this time. Maybe from Logitec or Microsoft.

------------------
GTD Excellence Webmaster
<                                      [b][email protected][/b]                                                    >
"Be flakked or be square!"

Originally posted by Terorist:
...I've used this nick in the VBB and elsewhere for a long time and thus decided to use it here as well...

Worse than that is bragging about being at VBB, kinda like bragging about how cool you were in highschool...

I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline Zander

I use a joystick, the MS Sidewinder Precision Pro - I can do virtually anything in the game with this stick.  

i use a Saitek x36 flight controler and i can do anything with it.  i have buttons i havent bound yet cause i dont know what to bind them to. i even have some of the more common C menu commands bound to my js.

Offline Thorn

Welcome to HLP Zander...

Offline Akrovah

Have, both Logitech Wingman Force, and the Thrustmaster Top Gun afterburner, depending on which mood i'm in. Feel the Shakes, or feel the throttle. (also depends on which actually works in whatever game i happen to be playing.

Edit: And i just have to sya this, a freind of mine, whom i let borrow Freespace 1(pre-FS2) was able to actually beat the game on a laptop with one of those touchpad things.
------------------
Bobby (Akrovah) Hovorka
    [email protected]  
    "The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shap of that future, or where it will take us. We only know, that it is always born in pain." -- G'Quon - Babylon 5

[This message has been edited by Akrovah (edited 10-26-2001).]
Bobby (Akrovah) Hovorka
    [email protected]  
    "The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shap of that future, or where it will take us. We only know, that it is always born in pain." -- G'Quon - Babylon 5

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Zander & Akrovah:

WELCOME TO HLP!!!      

In case of emergencies, exits are to the rear and left. Shotguns may be found under you seats. Buckle up and enjoy the ride, 'cause there's no going back from here!  

That Seitek joystick is the one that looks like it was assimilated by the Borg, right? the one that can have it's buttons and stuff repositioned?

------------------

Offline Thorn

In case of emergencies, exits are to the rear and left.
Buckle up and enjoy the ride, 'cause there's no going back from here!  

Then why did you tell them where the exits are?
FOOL! TOLO! IGNORANTE!!   lol

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Uh...tu es multuus stultior quam mortuus asinus?  
-C

Offline Thorn

Stupid fish....

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Moro Tero! Koitahan viihtyä HLP:llä  
Habeeb it...