Author Topic: Problems *installing* the RW2.0->2.1 patch  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Dixy

Problems *installing* the RW2.0->2.1 patch
Hey all - been thoroughly enjoying your works of art when Raiderwars conked out on the nightmare scenario.
Ok, no prob, I'll install the patch, except when i'm intsalling it i get the error (in a window labelled Vpatch):

Unable to open source file.

It does this right after extracting a file called patch.exe, and goes on to say install sucessful, except RW still crashes. doh.  It does this wether i try to install it in  the default location or point it at my TBP install. I'm running TBP 3.2. Any ideas?

(oddly enough, sometimes i have to click ok before the patch moves on, sometimes it'll move on by itself but i can still see the error message flash by)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Here's my default suggestion: Have you tried downloading the patch again?
Gremlings might have paid a visit....
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Is your B5-C-sp-RW01-2_0.vp file write protected by any chance?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I've encountered that once too.
IIRC it was because I selected a wrong folder as install target. Make sure you select the "The Babylon Project" folder as target.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Dixy

Ok, problem solved, sort of - I'd already patched it, judging by the fact the name of the file was 2.01.. oops..:doubt:

ah well - no more raider wars for me, then :(

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
What exactly is the problem? We really cannot be of any assistance if we don't know what's the prob.

Offline Dixy

Sorry if I'm causing confusion - many apologies.

Problem: RW crashed on the nightmare scenario mission. Started patch install, had to answer phone, came back, patch said it had installed correctly.

RW still crashing.

Tried re-installing patch, got error message about patch being unable to open source file, thought i had found problem. Eventually realised the filename
B5-C-sp-RW01-2_0.vp was already ***1-2_01.vp, so i would guess that the patch installed the first time after all (extreme embarresment at this point :o). very sorry for wasting your time..

Tried re-installing everything, patch appeared to work fine. RW still crashes, so i guess it just doesn't like my PC. Hence, no more RW for me at the moment..:(

I had a problem patching when I had a 5 year old computer.   After I got a new one it worked fine.  You need recent processors to run it smoothly.  What are your specs on your rig?

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
I also have a 5 year old computer and didn't have any problems installing the patch... In Nightmare Scenario using
Debug 3.6.5  I am able to procede to next mission (it fixes the crash at red alert screen)
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Dixy

Problem sorted! thanks for all your help, everyone - in the end i removed all campaigns, re-installed RW and the patch, created a new character which i've only used in RW, and voila!, Nightmare Scenario works fine.  

Just one more question - when Eris is escaping from Altair, I keep getting the message Spod ranch shares brought. Um?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yes and if you leave it long enough it'll eventually empty your bank account and say "No more money to buy spoo ranch shares".
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
LOL :lol:
It should be transfering the money into my bank acc.:thepimp:
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Dixy

lol - suits me. you should be receiving my overdraft, loans and credit card balances any time now. mwahaha!!! freedom!!!