Author Topic: progress of Release 2  (Read 9420 times)

Offline ZmaN

how come bosch was able to communicate with the shivans, but the GTA and the GTI in FS1 couldnt?  it doesnt seem fair....
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline ZmaN

is there a campaign that takes place during the hades rebellion???  that would be awesome....
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
;7:thepimp:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
*Points to FSPort link on Galemp's post*

Yeah, Silent Threat: Reborn is exactly what you want mate.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Bah he should of put a link in one of those smilies :p

Anyway back on topic :p

I've fixed most of the geometry errors that the newer FRED build complains about. 3 models to go, though it looks like the subspace node model has the same problem.

Then I have to redo several archives models which have the same problem.

Then I have to figure out why one of the EA fighters is giving a debug build error...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by Woomeister
I've fixed most of the geometry errors that the newer FRED build complains about. 3 models to go, though it looks like the subspace node model has the same problem.

Is it the normal-capping error ? If yes, what's the cause of that and how do I fix it ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
This one:
Serious problem loading model 'x', 'y' normals capped to zero

I fix it by either 2 methods depending what's wrong with it.

1. I open the model in Truespace, right hand click it to edit the mesh, then retriangulate it. The polycount should go down a bit and that seems to fix it. It's a weird way to fix it but it worked for most of them so far.

2. I have to move some near overlapping verts so that I can weld them together using 3DE. I only had to do this on the Ophion since the slice plane I used during UV Mapping caused some corruption.

For us it seems to happen a lot on models that have been converted to 3ds at some point. Looks like overlapping verts that haven't been welded correctly cause it.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Ok, thanks.

The Nova from TBP yields that error in newer FRED builds, although it works normally in FRED and ingame.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah same with us. It was going to be annoying to use the new fred build we have, so I thought I better get these fixed. 20 of our main mod ships give this error, only 3 left to fix. From the extra mods, 2 Ancient ships need fixing and 1 SOC fighter. I haven't had time to reload my other wip archives stuff to see if they need upgrading yet.

Offline ZmaN

Originally posted by T-Man
*Points to FSPort link on Galemp's post*

Yeah, Silent Threat: Reborn is exactly what you want mate.

Figures, i never finished that campaign....

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
I have a feeling that we will be celebrating God's son's birthday with an Inferno.
(Ironic, don't you think?)
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I doubt we'll make a release before christmas now, only a few members have staff have showed up since the move and only 1 mission designer has downloaded the current version of the mod.

We've had at least 3 weeks of no progress and I don't think we'll get it done in under 4 weeks.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
How about Christmas in July? ;)
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If it's not ready by July I'll have to start torturing random people :D