Author Topic: Who Plays FS2 Online?  (Read 3083 times)

Who Plays FS2 Online?
I never nodice anyone online. Who plays here and when?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Are you sure you're using the right server? AFAIK there are three different fs2open_pxo.cfg files floating around, and only one of them really works.
-C

Well scence you mentioned it I really don't know. I was able to connect (I think) to that FS2NET thing but got nothing. Is there some other server or somehing like that?

If can one could tell me what file is the right one show me where i can find it.

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267

But you probably got the right one already, if you got through to the (empty) games list..

Multi is a bit quiet right now.

Offline Osiri

:jaw:
You have to be kidding.  People still play FS2 multiplayer.  Man it was quiet back when in 1998 or 1999.  I figured for sure it would be completely dead by now.  

Wow, I bet they are the best dog fighters in the world.  They already were amazing back them I cannot imagine what they are like now.
Got any patentable ideas?  Got $20K laying around.  I will need every penny to help you.

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Mummies...

But it surprises me that you say it was already quiet at 99?
I didn't play multi until 2001, and there was some good action going on back then, IMO.

Offline Osiri

Huh
Got any patentable ideas?  Got $20K laying around.  I will need every penny to help you.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
FS2 came out in 99 - how could it have been quiet then (or in 98? :wtf: )? :p Are you sure you're not thinking of FS multiplayer? :p

Offline Osiri

Huh okay so I got my dates mixed up I could've sworn that it was in 1998.
I just know it was before 2000.  In mid-late 2000 I got caught up in CounterStrike and spent the next year getting to be the best of the ranks on that game. And then I wasted the next 2.5 years trying to shake that habit.

I am basically saying that like a few months after it came out it appeared to me that FS2 multiplayer was a bit of a expert play thing.  When I logged on there were only 15-20 or some servers and there weren't that many players

They were damn good too.

Anyway

try dogfighting [dw]-gladiator, garenteed you will lose, he still stands today undefeated :P

Offline Osiri

I am gauranteed to lose any fight.  I haven't played in a year and a half or more.  

Plus I was never into FS2 enough to get expert at it.  I just like to play the campaigns like immersing myself in a RPG

Arg, keeps saying my tables are h4x0r3d. I downloaded the tables and put them in the tables folder from the SCP site and the thread in that castor gave is. Tried both and they both didn't work, tried without the tables and it still didn't work. DAMNIT!
I figure my kids will think I'm cool cause I pwn noobs. -UdderJuice

of course it isnt going to work with out tables. if your having a tables error, did you modify them, or have the wrong version?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Most likely it's just that the tables in the media.vp he's using haven't been validated yet. That's a problem at the server end.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

server end huh? damn. oh well, anyone up for a game?

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
We really need to get that tourney going, don't we.:lol:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

did i hear tournament?!?!?! COUNT ME IN !!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh tournament........... everyone come watch me come in last place!!!!!

Offline Starks

I still haven't decided whether I am a part of the [DarkWings] or the DarkWings...
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

lol, well ur neither unless you were recruited, [DARKWING] site is www.darkwing.org.uk