Author Topic: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...  (Read 72301 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
"This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...
Cool - how'd you get ahold of the cutscene model, GE? Inside contacts at :V:? :p ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Oh, man. That looks freaking sweet, although whoever said that they don't make them half blown up is right. Try 'restoring' the damaged maps, maybe? You can see the hint of a "GTF Apollo" or something on the side there...
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
It also looks like it has lil spot lights (on sides of engines and other pod bits), that you can see in the first image posted that doesnt appear to be in the actual geometry of the model.
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
If I want this to be a reskin, I'd have to compensate for that in the original Apollo model as well. I'll give it some thought. For now I'll concentrate on getting a skin to Sheepy to touch up, then work from there.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
You could always HTL it...
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
It IS HTLed... don't you see??? THis is the HTL Apollo :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Starks

Re: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...
Where's the dead co-pilot?
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
How'd you get that from about 30 seconds of movie?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Printscreen? :p

There's a relatively long cluseup in the beginning, as it moves from stern to bow.
-C

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Re: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3
Screenshots on the Descent Network, and Max's supercool Camera Match and Camera Map functions.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline camcanr

• Got Blarrg?
If Anyone says this looks "BAD" they need to go to a mental instatute. . if anyone says it it looks "Wicked", Bravo. I think it looks so
"Cool"
If this doesen't work, we'll all be talking Shivan.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I've attempted to bake these bits onto the standard Apollo texture with mixed results. Maybe someone with more talent in 2D art can fix this up a little?

I'd like to see a texture job mid-way between the broken, dark intro version and the ultra-basic white FS1 version.  It's not like white ships are common or iconic in FS1, so grey it up, put all the nice red highlights in, and see what everyone thinks.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
I'll have a tinker when i get a chance, can some one do me a favour and post up the original apollo maps, I'm on a mac now with no access to freespace and would be muchly grateful!
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i suggest taking out where the lights are on the texture and putting them on the glowmap, possibly with glowpoints near them
it'll look cleaner
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
/*agrees with the bar of turma*/
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Solatar

*wants one*

Really nice actually, I've been waiting for people to start HTLing the old FS1 fighters (I think Nico did a Valkyrie waaaay back when but he never released it). Glad someone finally did an Apollo.

Nice touch with the cutscene reskin too...

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Call me old school but I think a standard GTF Apollo HT&L would be fine with a normal skin and then a special Lt. Ash version.  They may not all have been painted the same way...but the ones were familiar with fit a particular look and feel for some GTA ships.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Solatar

I wouldn't replace the original skin with the Lt. Ash version, but it still looks kickass is what I meant.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
By the way, I'm pretty sure it's "Requesting immediate assistance!"
-C