Author Topic: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...  (Read 72474 times)

Offline CaptJosh

Re: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...
*plays the video to check...*

Yep, but it's after he requests fighter cover first.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The exact wording, since we're nitpicking now, is "...requesting immeditate fighter cover and rescue!"

And there's a bunch of stuff before that too.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Re: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3
Your both wrong, he first says

"Reporting, taken heavy damage"
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
*cough*

And there's a bunch of stuff before that too.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
is there gonna be a release soon? :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
There's a skin there that should be cleaned up for the cutscene version. The original model needs a bit of work done to it in the meantile, though.

wait, what are you complaining about? There's a beautiful new Hecate a few threads over. Go play with that.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I wanna wait till i get my Radeon 9250. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Update, I am still working on this; it's gotten to the Glowpointing phase.

If anyone has experience with Type 1 glowpoints please contact me, I'm having trouble getting the floodlights to orient properly.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
NNmmf. That looks most excellent. Good luck with the glowpointing; if I knew anything about it, I'd help you out. Here's hoping for an imminent release!
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I'll probably reconvert it, the smoothing isn't coming out correctly.

If anyone wants to do a high-res version of the Apollo maps, you could use this as a base; it's the Ash map overlayed on top of the original one, with Soft Light filtering, to convey the color and texture.

Do you plan on cockpitting this model?

EDIT - LOLZ, I fail at life.  The map looked like it had a solid canopy, so I forgot about the dozen other pics of the cockpitted Apollo.  :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Done, and released.

Download me

Still needs proper shine maps done and glowmaps extracted from the textures, but I'll leave that to someone else.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
w00t! just in time for me to be playing FSPort! :D (but what's with the mismatched maps from the body to the lower arms? :nervous: )

you need to do the work you should be doing. ;)

[EDIT] it works perfectly fine in-game, although the engines need a little work, as all i see is blue balls.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 01:23:53 pm by Cobra »

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Looks quite good ingame for the most part; only beef I have with it is the engines, look:

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen00012xw.jpg

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Solatar

Kicks ass.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Eew. I hope someone steps up and does some work on the maps. The mixing of the two is fugly.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
I wouldn't say fugly. It's a good idea; it just needs some hi res-ifying, and a better merge job.

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
DaBrain will save us! :D

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i'll save you, if dabrain doesnt get here before im done with the urda
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Turambar did indeed save us.

Now if only Galemp would fix the UVmapping of the engines.

No, I don't have web hosting anymore since HotSnoJ disappeared, so I can't put up a download. Hopefully Turambar will put up a link.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:55:06 pm by Woolie Wool »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta