Author Topic: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...  (Read 72535 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...
Oh for goodness' sake  :lol:

Here is the file... not the original, but it seems to be working. red_glow.tga

I took the green_glow.tga, changed it to gray scale, back to RGB and set its color to red. GIMP is a good tool... even on Windows platform. Granted, it sometimes does weird things (specifically nagging about disk not being in drive at certain actions :nervous: ), but it gets the job done.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

thanks herra and mars  all four lights work now

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
in the folder. where you installed fs1 port, there is a data folder. Go inside this folder and create two more folders called models and maps...so it looks like following

fsport/data/models
fsport/data/maps

Assuming "fsport" is the folder where fs1 port was installed.

Now place model file ".pof" to the models folder and everything else to the maps folder.
Should work the way...

Sorry, newb question here.  I installed the FSport, and it seems to work fine, but I'm not seeing an "fsport" folder anywhere.  It's in the fresspace 2 Folder right?  Or is it somewhere else, like in program files?

Edit:  Err, um, nevermind.  I just placed them in the FS2 folders and it works fine.  Great job, by the way.  :yes:  Now I just need to see if there's an upgrade for the GTF Valkyrie
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 10:21:18 pm by Freespace Freak »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Placing the FS1Port VPs in the main folder is a really bad idea. You basically prevent yourself from playing FS2 until they are removed again for one thing. That's why you should make a folder called FS1 port and add them to it. Then all you have to do is select the FS1port folder from the mods tab in the launcher to play.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Freespace Freak

Placing the FS1Port VPs in the main folder is a really bad idea. You basically prevent yourself from playing FS2 until they are removed again for one thing. That's why you should make a folder called FS1 port and add them to it. Then all you have to do is select the FS1port folder from the mods tab in the launcher to play.

How does it prevent you from playing FS2?  Doesn't the FSPort and the SCP use the same models?  I kinda thought that the FSPort was essentially an FS2 mod, you just add the original FS1 ships and briefings and mission and stuff.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It uses FS2 models yes but it has its own tables and data which overrides the FS2 equivalent in many cases. Just try playing the FS2 campaign with FS1 port as your selected mod and you'll soon see the game crash out with table errors or display otherwise odd behaviour. IIRC the Iceni appears as a GTF Ulysses for instance.

Offline Freespace Freak

It uses FS2 models yes but it has its own tables and data which overrides the FS2 equivalent in many cases. Just try playing the FS2 campaign with FS1 port as your selected mod and you'll soon see the game crash out with table errors or display otherwise odd behaviour. IIRC the Iceni appears as a GTF Ulysses for instance.

Ooh!  :jaw:  That's ugly!  Okay, I'll move those files to an fsport folder I'll create!

Offline neoterran

you need to read karajorma's FAQ Freespace Freak and set up all the mods you add as mod folders instead of just dumping them in the freespace main folder, it might work but it will cause problems down the road.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Freespace Freak

you need to read karajorma's FAQ Freespace Freak and set up all the mods you add as mod folders instead of just dumping them in the freespace main folder, it might work but it will cause problems down the road.

Okay, so just change the .ini folder to look for it in the new mod folder and that's it?  Sounds good.  I'll check it out when I get to it tonight.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The .ini should look for your mediavps folder.

You don't need to look for the mod itself as you specify that in the launcher but if you want the mod to use any extras you installed you have to tell it to search for them. That's why most mods have to look for the mediavps folder. Some mods have to be told to look for more than one mod folder but the system can handle that too.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It is is a mod... all mods (including the Media VPs) should go into mod folders, otherwise, it's a PITA to play multiplayer and you confirm yourself to the church of organizational messdom

Offline leeisl

Forgive me for asking, but the link for the newer version on page 4 seems to have stopped working. Anyone have a copy of the file they care to share?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Forgive me for asking, but the link for the newer version on page 4 seems to have stopped working. Anyone have a copy of the file they care to share?
:welcome:

Declare all foreign space vegetables before initiating docking procedures wuth the Hard Light Installation.
Upon clearance being granted, await the formal HLP welcome speech............

TThat is all.........
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Is this file not in the mediavp yet?
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board

Not surprising, considering that the reg_glow.tga file looks something like this to the game:

Just read it. I've already fixed this before. It's in the upcomming VP.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've experienced an error with this model.  Now, perhaps this error is already fixed and I just never got the latest incarnation of this model, but it was causing some CTDs (even in debug mode) during end-of-mission warpout and death scenes, although not completely consistently, but frequently enough to be annoying.  Reverting to the default Apollo solved the problem.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I'll tell you what's even more annoying: only the left half of the Apollo receives any specular lighting, regardless of the directions of the light source.
Why is this so?
I have taken this model apart piece by piece, destoying all the lights, glowpoints, and everything in between and painstakingly recreating them from scratch, but still it behaves in an irritating and badly lit manner. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the textures.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
HTL Apollo With Turambar's Maps?
No one seems to have it, and I don't think Taristin has it anymore either. Since woodentoyandgift is down, I don't know where else to download it. Any chance some lucky bastard who got it can repost it so I can download it? Thanks.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Re: HTL Apollo With Turambar's Maps?
i have it, whats your email address
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: HTL Apollo With Turambar's Maps?
naboo_2 at hotmail dot com

Thanks. :)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta