Author Topic: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...  (Read 72283 times)

Offline Kaine

Re: HTL Apollo With Turambar's Maps?
how about one of you uploads it, or emails it to me so i can upload it? tyukei (at) gmail.com

Offline neoterran

please put it somewhere where everyone can get it.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Are they the same maps that INF:A uses for their HTL Apollo?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hey Turambar, you haven't emailed it yet. What's up? :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline redmenace

PM me. I will put it up on warpcore.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Me or Turambar? :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline HVD

How do I use this?

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
put it in your FSPort directory /data/maps
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline HVD

Is there a model to go with this, or is it just the stock Apollo?

EDIT: Actually, are all the HTL models in the MediaVPs or do I need to install them seperately?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:28:13 pm by HVD »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The high-poly Apollo never made it into the Mediavps as it's for the port and not from FS2 Retail.

Offline HVD

But it doesn't seem to be in the port either.  At least it doesnt show up for me when i play it.

Actually, is there a list somewhere of what models are in the mediaVPs and which arent?  I looked at the HTL Status thread, but i think some of the models in there are in the mediaVPs even though it doesnt say so there.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:21:37 pm by HVD »

Offline HVD

Re: "This is Lt. Ash, Terran Patrol, Wing Gamma, 3-9...
Can anyone provide a new link to the model and textures?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The INF:A Apollo you mean? Or the modified version-the wonderful Latona?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Where can I get apollo textures like in FS1 Intro?
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline ShivanSpS

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable

Offline neoterran

But it doesn't seem to be in the port either.  At least it doesnt show up for me when i play it.

Actually, is there a list somewhere of what models are in the mediaVPs and which arent?  I looked at the HTL Status thread, but i think some of the models in there are in the mediaVPs even though it doesnt say so there.

you have to put it in the ports' data folder. the data folder has the same structure as the vp files do; however, data in the data folder overrides what is in the vps if it has the same name. Place the files inside the data folder in the correct subfolders and you'll see the new apollo. It's like this for every mod - each one of them will have a data folder, even the mediavps.. this way you can override what's in the vps by putting stuff in the data folder of the mediavps directory. You should never put anything in the Freespace2 data folder; it might work but it can break retail and it's just a messy way of doing it. You can use the Freespace2 data folder for an idea of the general data folder structure for each of the mod "data" folders tho.

If you get really advanced, you can create your own vps of those datafolders and give them names starting with a_ so that they override the mediavps or mod vp files, this way you can modify your stuff without affecting the data, and throw the vp files you created away when a new version comes out that incorporates some of your additions / changes (this happens to me often)
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline HVD

The INF:A Apollo you mean? Or the modified version-the wonderful Latona?

Either/both

The link someone put up for the newer apollo textures are dead does anyone still have them?  I strongly suggest for the fsport team to create a new vp for hi res fs1 models that are created so it simplifys evreything and people can dl that at their own convienience and put that in the fs1 folder or take it out.  Ill repeat this at the fsport forum.