Author Topic: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)  (Read 83408 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: 3.6.7 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
Cobra, we're you using specular in some of those screenshots?  It looks as if they were taken at Retail illumination.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yeah, i've got spec on.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline J.P.

• http://www.omegadigital.org/
I see a lot of people don't like my revision of the subspace effect. Yes I am the maker of it and I know it doesn't look like the original. Soooo... I made a new version just for you folks who like the original style. I'm makin' a seperate thread about it in Freespace modding.  :D

BTW, I saw this thread recently after I decided to check back and see what's been going on.

-J.P.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
What's you're ambient light setting?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline watsisname

Here's a picture I took a while back.  I was running like hell from an exploding cruiser and as I looked in rearview I smashed the prntscreen button and the result was this piece of beauty:

Edit:  Here is another one showing the Perseus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 03:39:35 pm by watsisname »
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Wow, the lightning actually looks really nice.
-C

Offline watsisname

Yeah, I took many pictures with the lightning and that was the one I like best.  I feel the lightning adds to the general atmosphere of "ooohness" of the Perseus.  ;)
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh, i'll get some screenshots of 3.6.8 after my display error is fixed and i get back home from school. ;)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

Here's a couple of my own.

I noticed the same ambient light issue as Cobra, and I'm going off to change that.

Additionally, would it be possible for a moderator to go and start putting [ lvlshot ] tags around the other screenshots in the thread? It would help this page load a lot quicker IMHO.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Additionally, would it be possible for a moderator to go and start putting [ lvlshot ] tags around the other screenshots in the thread? It would help this page load a lot quicker IMHO.

yeah ****ing right. Not me. Let the original poster do it. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
believe it or not, this is mv_adveffects. :D

my new hardware beautifully displays .ani's and high-quality beams. the shockwaves... not so much.

The GTCv Persistence (name sound familiar? ;)) opens fire:

The GVD Hatshepsut:

A small freighter wing with an Orion in the background:

I can't get enough of Orion shots. :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 04:59:29 pm by Cobra »

Re: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
1. Just a Herc:

2. Many Maras flying in formation:

3. Guess what?

4. Yes, it's a dark and deadly Erinyes:

Hope you like these pics :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
The Hatshepsut is a GVD not PVD.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'm not sure how; lvlshot only resizes the images, it doesn't crop them or owt.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The GVD Aikhet and the GTCv Persistence race for the node:

Offline bfobar

The sathanas has a big fighterbay.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That almost looks bumpmapped!

And, is it me, or does the Hatshepsut look like it's about to give birth to lots of little baby Vasudan Cruisers in that pic? ;)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
which one? :p

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Why does the erynies have red lights?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£