Author Topic: BFGreen  (Read 4540 times)

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
um, is there any ship in the fs2 campainge thats actually armed with this thing? I thought the colossus was, but i checked and unless it was retrofitted in the campainge, its only got BGreen.

on a side note, when was the Hades used? and why does it have shivan stuff on it?? gaaah

edit: I felt so bad about misspelling the colossus i had to change it, who knew it had the letter 's' in it.

[This message has been edited by vadar_1 (edited 12-16-2001).]
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
1) In High Noon the [C] had BFGreens.

2) The Hades was in Silent Threat.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy

Originally posted by Shrike:
1) In High Noon the [C] had BFGreens.

I just checked, the big C had alot of LRB Greens, no big fuggers
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Whoops, same difference.  The LRBGreen just shoots further.  Dunno when they use the BFGreen then.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
and the beam gets there slower... apperently - according to weapons.tbl

owell, worthless bfgreen, it fires too slowly anyways.

Projects;

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Worthless?  It's the best GTVA beam out there, except perhaps the Mjolnir ones.

Yes it fires slowly, but two hits will slag a corvette.  It's got a pretty damn good damage/second value (about 1900 hp/s)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
(Don't argue with this guy about beams)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
To put it another way - it beats flak  

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Thunder:
To put it another way - it beats flak  

Actually, flak is pretty effective against another capital ship - corvette to corvette, it usually can claim 10% or so of the damage.  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
nah, the most effective weapon is the...

FUSION MORTAR!

IMHO the LRBGreen looks a bit cooler though since the beam is much thicker.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I replaced all fusion mortars with Woomeister's Cruiser Torpedo

turns the Fenris into something that just might take down that Aeolus.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by sandwich:
Actually, flak is pretty effective against another capital ship - corvette to corvette, it usually can claim 10% or so of the damage.  

True, and it doesn't have the same prohibitive recharge time. And if fighters try and take down a flak cannon, they'll have a much harder time than taking down a recharging beam cannon.  

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
...which promptly cuts the offending fighters up.  

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
bah, one word: maxims
hehehe
SCREW CANON!

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Four words..
Long Range Heavy Flak  

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Long range explosive heavy flak  

MWHAHAHAHA  
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
How about Long Range Heavy High-explosive Antimatter-based Super Mega Flak That Uses the 2_Vhall_options.ani File As An Explosion Animation And The Bup.wav File For A Report And Is Mounted On The Volition Bravos?

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Now that, I would pay money to see...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Thorn:
Now that, I would pay money to see...

well, it would work, coz the time the pilot takes to read the name of the turret he's targetting, he would be dead  

SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by CP5670:
How about Long Range Heavy High-explosive Antimatter-based Super Mega Flak That Uses the 2_Vhall_options.ani File As An Explosion Animation And The Bup.wav File For A Report And Is Mounted On The Volition Bravos?    

!!!