Author Topic: Engine wash going through solid metal?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline CaptJosh

Engine wash going through solid metal?
One thing I've noticed while playing inferno R1 with patch is that the engine washes are really over the top. I mean, I'd have my fighter get near the fairing over the engines of a Tereus class destroyer, and even from the other side af a large chunk of metal the engine wash not only affected my fighter, it knocked it for a loop. Either the engine wash is too powerful and also ignoring physical objects between it and a fighter, the moments of inertia for fighters are set up incorrectly, or both. Perhaps this is something that should be looked into for an additional R1 patch.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Engine wash going through solid metal?
If engine glow normals are larger than -1 it causes that effect. Some R1 models are at -10 and so have exaggerated effects.
I don't plan on any more patches for R1 right now as I'm too busy fixing things in the current modpack.

Offline CaptJosh

Is this a table issue? If so, I'll see about fixing it myself and just uploading the file somewhere for folks to use.
CaptJosh

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
No, it's a media issue.  Pretty easily fixable IMHO, but you have to actually edit the models.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline CaptJosh

Forget it then. If it was table entries, I could make some modular tables to fix it. But I'm no modeler, and I'm not likely to become one any time soon.
CaptJosh

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The only possible fix via tables would be to delete the engine wash entries for the affected ships. Editing the models is the only proper way to fix it though.

Offline CaptJosh

The way you had said it originally, I thought maybe I could change a number in a table, but clearly that's not the case. Thanks for the info, though.
CaptJosh