Author Topic: Hacked Tables, even AFTER putting modified tables in?  (Read 3882 times)

Offline ZmaN

Hacked Tables, even AFTER putting modified tables in?
I downloaded the modified tables from the scp.indiegames.us site and put them in the tables directory, but I;m still getting the hacked tables error...  why?  how do I fix it?
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Re: Hacked Tables, even AFTER putting modified tab
If this is about FS2 Open's multiplayer, you need to ask for help in the SCP forum.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Done
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline ZmaN

Re: Hacked Tables, even AFTER putting modified tables in?
how do i fix it, now that its in the SCP forum...
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

you have to have freespace 2 original v1.0 tables to play multiplayer, no mods will validate

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
If you are playing on the Game-Warden server, you *must* use the tables supplied on the game warden forums
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline ZmaN

well I have some mods in, but....

so anotherwords, dont upgrade FS2 to 1.2 patch?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 10:12:08 am by Inquisitor »

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I notice two unanswered posts about multiplayer...here and in the ref thread.

I'm beginning to doubt that anyone actually plays multiplayer. I can't register to check because the link in the 2nd thread is dead.

Anyway, if all the extra stuff (besides the retail FS2 media and whatever tables are required for multiplayer) is in mod dirs, you should be fine.
-C

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Don't freak out. This is why FS2 Open has the -mod function. You can keep all your mods and play them by selecting them in the launcher. Read up on it in the Wiki.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

well I have some mods in, but....

thats retarted!  I have to take ALL MY MODS out to play multiplayer?  thats way gay!

so anotherwords, dont upgrade FS2 to 1.2 patch?

well if you have mods on there, people with out the mods will be kicked from the game, people with other mods will have the same problem, so it cant work, you have to pick one version of tables and stick with it, so thats why original tables was chosen, Not to mention all the multiplayer missions validated are for original build anyways, back from the pxo days.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, i don't know what the hell is going on, because I was able to play multiplayer with 1.2, so, Hunter, you're wrong.

I was also able to play with SCP tables once...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You won't get kicked from the game just for using the SCP or 1.2 tables (The host may choose to kick you but the game won't do it automatically!)

And proper use of FS2 multimod functions will allow you play FS2 with as many mods installed as you like. I'll even say how to do it once ZmaN takes back his unnecessary slur of FS2_Open's sexual orientation.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ZmaN

And proper use of FS2 multimod functions will allow you play FS2 with as many mods installed as you like. I'll even say how to do it once ZmaN takes back his unnecessary slur of FS2_Open's sexual orientation.

Okay I take it back!  im sorry..

*goes and apologizes to FSOpen and the 5.3 Launcher*  *sniffles*

*done sniffleing*  Can I have my instructions now? please????

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Make sure you aren't using mediaVP patch 3, that will give you the message because it contains modular tables.
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay. This is how I did it.

Create a folder called multiplayer. Place the modified tables in Multiplayer\Data\Tables.

Create another folder called MediaVPs. Move the media VP files to this folder. Download the attached file, unpack it and place copies in any mod folders you want to use the mediaVP files. DO NOT unpack it to the Multiplayer folder as that will defeat the whole point of doing this.

From now on play FS2 itself by choosing the mediaVPs folder as your choosen mod (otherwise it will play without the mediaVP files). Choose multiplayer to play online without the hacked table message. Mods will work exactly as they did before.

I still don't get why people think mod.ini's are hard. It shouldn't take you more than a couple of minutes to do that :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Inquisitor

Calling us "ghey" and "retarted"  will not only get you ignored, it will get your posts locked or edited. or both.

Especially when you're not following the instructions to begin with and seem to have difficulty spelling your insults.
No signature.