Author Topic: Archived CVS Builds thread  (Read 37869 times)

Archived CVS Builds thread
Works nice! Mem usage is well high, though. Got 42Mb RAM free while playing :(

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 8/31/05
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

for some reason capitol ships are firing at missle with their main guns :wtf:
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by redmenace

I noticed that too, around the time of Goober's AI changes (but not neccessarily because of them).  Are we sure that retail doesn't do the same thing?  I can't really remember and haven't had a chance to check on it myself.

Offline redmenace

I can't remember BFGreen ever trying to destroy a stelleto II in the Sixth Worder
              -Frederic Bastiat

BFGreen is the massive green beam, right? Anyway, gonna try the build when I get home.
Gonna play that mission and see.

Offline redmenace

yeah, it is the huge terran green beam weapon. Try using stilettos against the forward beam weapons.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I can't remember BFGreen ever trying to destroy a stelleto II in the Sixth Worder

No ship in "The Sixth Wonder" should have BFGreens :p

I'll see if happens to me.

EDIT: I did have one Stelleto get destroyed by the TerSlash on the front of the Harkwood, but I couldn't tell if it was slashing the station and the missile hit it or if it actually shot it down (I suspect the former actually).  Only happened once though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 05:34:45 pm by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Same with me. Can't really tell if the bfgreen was for the station or not. But I can tell the blue AAA beam was hitting the missile. Stilleto, yes.

Got some other odd stuff too.
The Calypso couldn't leave because the AI got it (the "flight path") scratching the station.
On another try, I was hurled 55000 clicks away from the station instead of crashing myself against the station. :wtf:

BTW, how do I attach images here? I don't have web hosting any longer. The server's been burned up, literally.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 06:06:54 pm by 1788 »

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
To be fair, I've seen Stilletos intercepted in retail, as it does have the "bomb" flag.  The real problem here would be either that bombs have been given a higher targeting priority or that huge beams are now attacking bombs more frequently, which I can't really tell one way or another.  It should probably be flagged for further observation though.  No idea what's up with the colossal whacking though.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline redmenace

I am sorry but I have seen a bfgreen shoot right by my ship intercepting a stiletto II. There was no way it was hitting the station.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

well for one thing, AAAf's are too small. instant vaporization with a BFGReen. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 9/01/05
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Kie99

Can I have a link to the "Beams fire at bombs" build?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak

I thought i addressed that issue a few years back.  Ill have to figure out where the commit went.  I though it was in one eval_obj_as_target() or something named similarly.

edit: no its still there, but you're going to need to add 4096 to the mission flags, but that'll make the AI go crazy with trebs as well.  Apparently the three people that played multiplayer used that strategy to attack capital ships and draw fire away from friendly warships, but when you don't have respawns its rather annoying :blah:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 10:44:51 am by 31 »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redmenace

-Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

alright, take this conversation elsewhere. Admin, can I get a thread split and move?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I Just tried the build linked to at the top of the page and now I'm getting that constant firing afterburners bug too.

I never noticed that the baking stuff was off-topic cause I just opened a bunch of tabs on last post. Splitting the thread now. Metal Destroyer's stuff can be found here now
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 01:23:56 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline redmenace

Thankyou.

I went ahead and played several missions in a row. I got the int3 bug in the first nebulea mission.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I went ahead and played several missions in a row. I got the int3 bug in the first nebulea mission.

That's the one I've had lately too.  It's got a TODO comment on it from Goober5000 so he might need to be the one to answer why or come up with a fix.

@All:  I'm going to be working on all of the sound issues this weekend so everyone hang tight on that and it should get worked out in a day or two.