Author Topic: Updating R1  (Read 47133 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Actually the main problem with using the INFR1 Shivan ships is most of them don't have a docking path for support ships, so they'll crash the game if a friendly Shivan ship tries to call one. This isn't an issue for the default hostile Shivans.

Thanks for the fast reply Woomeister. Well is there is a crash, then it is a really good reason, even so, that doesn't stop me from making the Icons, and LoadOut bitmaps, so I can make those, right?.

****EDIT HERE****

Well, I am having a problem with the "species_def.tbl", it's not a problem, the thing is that the user needs to delete it, because it can't be replaced with an empty one, and it overrides all of the glows of  FS2 and SCP.
What I mean is that I don't know if there is a TBL where I can cut that Info and add to a new species_def.tbl, I don't find any in the FS VP (neither in the SCP), so it's located in a different named TBL ?? or it is stored internally ??.

That's not really the problem actually, the problem is that I am not getting the Thruster Glows for Capital Ships, not the Engine Glows when the capital ships are at Speed 0, the ones when the capital ships are moving forward (there where some pothos at the TurretAngleFix Thread if someone don't understand what I am saying). Making a readme saying "Delete xxxx file" is not viable, some players won't even read it and start asking the same question over and over again.
(this is not a CVS problem right?)

---------------------------------------------------------------

The other problem I am having is that the *.EFF/*.DDS of the Flaks Explosions are beign override by the ultra-low res *.ANI one the FS2 Media VP, I think I remember this was a bug. The problem is that *.ANI files seems to have more priority than the *.EFF animated ones. (this wasn't really happening in the v3.6.7 or it is my imagination that the priority has been changed), for the moment beign the only thing I can do to check this, is to delete the Exp20 from the sparky_fs2.vp, and re-pack again, and if the Hi-res EFF is working it should be it. However that solution is not really viable.
(another CVS problem ?). I can't really test the v3.6.7 because it doesn't support TBMs, so, if someone remember it would be a lot of help here. Maybe I am missing the Bitmap for that effect ?

Smaller edit here:

Confirmed, ANI have higher priority than EFF/DDS, so, until this is fixed the only solution I see is to rename all the EFF like Exp20 to another name Exp21 and add to the entire Update Media VP, however I really hate duplicate Media  (I have already had to do something  like this with some FRED2 PCXs), I don't believe I am going to do this, plus there are other EFF like the Shielhit01a, and ParticleSmoke01/02, so there are lot of Hi-res effects that aren't being used....This happens only happens if the *.EFF has a match in the sparky_fs2.vp with the same Filename but *.Ani extension (there are only 4, the ones that I already listed above)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I can't really believe the interface is taking so much time.....I am going to be bored to death....But at least it's looking good, specially killing that 8-Bit FS2 interface/icons/some others.

And it takes me even more as I discover and search for more missing things. The Vinaashak's shield don't really surprise me because it never appears in R1, what surprises me where both the Diablo's and Iblis's shields.
I know that Iblis has really low HitPoints to be consired a Destroyer, still the shield is too open from the Destroyer surface and is really easy to get through to fire a bomb.
Well I'll make 3 shield-***.ani for the HUD, that way it you'll be more noticeable the shield on those 2 ships (in the Vinaashak it's really noticeable because it's really near the surface)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Missing Docking Points (Shivans Ships)

Durja (there is already the Durja2, which replaces the 1, and it has the Dockpoint)
Hydra / Kahlan / Serpent
Gorgon (I found the weakness of this powerful ship, it would be a miracle something docking this, it doesn't even have some flat surface that should really fit a Dockpoint, it empties it's ordenance, and the ship is discarded and recycled for a new construction or another Gorgon)

Only 4 Shivan Ships don't have Dockpoints, I can somewhat make the Dockpoints (actually learn to do...because I don't have made any yet).

The main problem for Shivan Ships, is that there is no Support Ship....and I can't fix that, because obviously I would  need to do a 3D Model for Shivan's Support Ship.
It seems by default FSSCP blocks Species to call a Support Ship when they don't have any, at least I can't call it even with Shivan Ships with Dockpoints, so, there is no crash, at least not anymore...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 11:00:37 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I suggest extracting all the INF_2Patch.vp files, deleteing what you don't want anymore and providing a new patch. That way you can remove the included thruster effects and species_defs table.

I wouldn't activate the Shivan capship shields, some people report crashes on such large meshes and I found that the shields I had on the Gigas (r1.5) caused massive framerate drops

You can get past no support ship by adding a set support ship sexp in FRED and setting it to the Terran one. This is what we had to do for current EA ships to prevent crashes before I added a placeholder support ship for them.

About the patch, so that would mean I'll include all of the files of the INF_2Patch, plus the ones of my update.

For the EFF/ANI, I'll report it to the SCP Forum, however, I can't really change the name to another bevause if someone deactivates the DDS/TGA Textures flags, there won't be any *.Ani, so I'll wait...

Shivans being playable, I don't even understand what is that realtioned with my patch, I say testing, I believe I starting to play with Shivan Ships and LightSpeed Tractor Primary weapons and get carried away of the patch (still I can try to do it later)

Yes, I don't make those Icons for the Capital Ships, I don't really understand how those borders colors are exactly made. I'll better try making the Ancients Shield icons, and add to both ships****.tbm and shields.tbl. Still I am not too sure, I would have to fing the right saturation for the overhead screenshot, and see if there is a shield structure from another ship that matches the shield of the ancient ship (at this moment my motto is "If it can be ripped, it can be reproduced", I am a little out of imagination, and I won't make this take longer for such a things as are for ShieldIcons of Ships that aren't even used??? [What I am thinking ?]

----------------------------------------------------

I finished all the TBMs (an awful screenshot):

What does "Arm" haves different, and better over "Barrel", the only difference (aside from the Arm headeche), is that Arm rotates over it's own axis and not over the Base axis. Which end both Arms and Base turret being 3Dimensionally separated. Or for example, the Ehreos side Arms (not the medium ones), rotate over a wrong base axis, the Arm rotates Forward/Back but it is still seeing to the sides....

The Arm looks really good on real AAA batteries, like in the Phobos or the Nemesis, but for normal flaks it can be a nightmare.

I am happy to see Flaks covering the Fighters bays in models, when I think about the Orion it makes me feel "another GTA/GTVA desing....", you just keep in the in front of the fighter bay is not really covered, you can just stand in front of it and kill every ship before it even goes out of the road of launch.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'll see if I add Range Description for Primary Weapons, I really hate that Subhach HL-7 from FS2, the shot reachs a few 700m and dissapear, a ship using a prometheus (about 1200/1500m) would banish in a frontal attack before you have reach the range of firing.

-----------------------------------------------------

Plus, I am having 2 main problems (3 main, the 3rd is the Magic Random crashbug at some missions, that people here must be really familiar).

1- I am not getting the Capital Thruster Glows, when the ship is moving forward, example (as CVS 2005-12-22):

It should be (as v3.6.7):

MetalDestroyer submitted this at Mantis, but he say "Engine Glows". This is a CVS Build problem, happens with all ships, even FS2, it's a little different from what he post, maybe it isn't the same bug.....this worked ok in v3.6.7

---------------------------------------------

The other, my favorite, the Beam Section Indexes (a reason to love and hate TBMs):

The 2 beams (BFBlue and HRed) are using the exact same sections, textures and colours/flicker/zadd. I going give a quick explanation to this, it seems that the Indexes aren't really overwritting the old sections, but it seems that Indexes sections are slaped/cliped in a further plane.
I'll try copying all of the Beam Data and add the changed sections without using the +nocreate flag, to see if that overwrites the Old Beam, because I can't find any other solution to this....(yes, I know I should report this, later maybe when I have some free time)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 11:04:20 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

1- I am not getting the Capital Thruster Glows, when the ship is moving forward, example (as CVS 2005-12-22):
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Shadow0000/screen0063.jpg

It should be (as v3.6.7):
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Shadow0000/screen0064.jpg

MetalDestroyer submitted this at Mantis, but he say "Engine Glows". This is a CVS Build problem, happens with all ships, even FS2, it's a little different from what he post, maybe it isn't the same bug.....this worked ok in v3.6.7

FS2 ships lost also their glow, when I pilot one of their ships and no AI use this in the mission. In fact, If I use a different ship than the one I give in FRED2 Open and no AI use this, so I've no glow at all (I didn't try with the latest inferno build for this case).

Another soltution would be to put all the files to the Inferno\data folder instead of using vp-files. That´s not really a "nice" solution, but all files stored in the data-folder will override any file storerd in the vp´s. You may perhaps need a weapon_expl.tbl as mentioned in the scp-forum. 

The thruster-problem occurs with all the new cvs-builds. Maybe the new thruster-look is being intended by the coders :confused: ;7

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

What does "Arm" haves different, and better over "Barrel", the only difference (aside from the Arm headeche), is that Arm rotates over it's own axis and not over the Base axis. Which end both Arms and Base turret being 3Dimensionally separated. Or for example, the Ehreos side Arms (not the medium ones), rotate over a wrong base axis, the Arm rotates Forward/Back but it is still seeing to the sides....
As in turret01-arm and turret01-barrel, there is no difference it's just what it's named for conversion. I used to use barrel and now use arm since it's shorter.

Well, then it's a model Turret and barrel/arm problem, when as I say when rotate the named as arms, they seem to separate, there is Air, is like the Arm don't really reachs the inferior base of the Turret base, but the upper part, so when it is pointing upwards in 90º it looks okay, but when it starts to rotate I am seeing Air, with the only turret the Odin haves happens this, I don't really understand if it is an Axis problem or a 3D model problem (probabily in both cases the solution is the same, it's must be needing a modification in the POF file).

-------------------------------------------------------

MetalDestroyer, I am not using Inferno Builds to test it, as far as I have read the main and only difference. is that it haves higher ship limit for missions. Translating that, I believe it doesn't mean more ships at the same time (I have got 100 at the same time in a mission with a normal build), it means that that there can be more than 100 different ships used in FRED2, that may or not may appear at the same. (better at different time, because the slowdown would be massive).

------------------------------------------------------

I never wanted to do a VP, however there is no way of deleting the Species_def.tbl another way. That's why it doesn't work, not creating it, was the root of all the problem.
Badly, I don't really remember which are the effects that I replace in the TBM, so there maybe left remaning some unused effects that come in the INF_2Patch

This is a Model Problem, featuring a Massive severe slowdown, that I can't really fix until someone explain my what textures causes it, suppossing it is a texture and not the 3D Models.

When I enter the mission I get 30 FPS because I am looking directly at the problem, as I am not pointing my view to it, the game will stay at 100 FPS, or 60/65 when there are lot of 3D shockwaves...so
That TGA Texture cost 16 MB, now multiply the reflection and the re-sizing over 3 Turrets (3 times the needed RAM wasted...)
I believe this is a texture problem, I accidentally added the reflection on the day/night facet 3D earth that I made. (So, what is it, Shine or Glow textures, it is Shine right???). I can Edit the POF texture names, so there won't be any conflict with the ones used for the turrets.

----------------------------------------

GTVA experimental technolgy ???

Yeah...I know some of those bugs are from the SCP, and not caused by Inferno (but I still post some here), however, some are only really noticeable when you're playing Inferno and are not that frequent in SCP, that's why...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 09:58:19 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I use Inferno build because there are more ships in my ships.tbl than Freespace 2 (Star Wars Universe + Freespace 2). If I keep the normal build, Fs2 Open crashed immediately.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
MetalDestroyer, I am not using Inferno Builds to test it, as far as I have read the main and only difference. is that it haves higher ship limit for missions. Translating that, I believe it doesn't mean more ships at the same time (I have got 100 at the same time in a mission with a normal build), it means that that there can be more than 100 different ships used in FRED2, that may or not may appear at the same. (better at different time, because the slowdown would be massive).

Inferno builds allow for a higher number of ships to be added to the ships.tbl. You can have 250 ships instead of the retail limit of 135, however doing so breaks multiplayer.

Unless you need alpha channel I wouldn't recommend using TGA for model textures. It wastes far too much memory. Remember that most maps will probably have a shine and glow map so you have 3 maps for each texture to load. Our biggest maps in INF SCP are 2048^2 and are 2mb in the smallest DDS format (4.88mb as TGA) The average 512^2 maps are 129kb (496kb as TGA)

No, actually I don't even change the Hecate2 textures, and don't really want to use others, I just want to change the name, because I am assuming it must be using a Hi-Res Shine map from the mv_textures.vp, that is causing that effect, which is reflecting the earth in the turrets. I don't really know what attribute in the texture changes the reflection, but I can always discover it by comparation and elimination process.

Well, bad day, here I just get a "Shadow0000 was Killed by a collision with a Bug". It seems that if I made a Unknow or Shivan Secodary as "player allowed", when you made and save a mission with FRED2 using those TBL/TBM, FRED2 corrupts it, and when you enter the mission that was created and saved using the new TBL/TBM, you will get Invisible Textures for some ships, expect fot the Thrusters (so the ship is invisible).
There is a bug like when you made a "player allowed" weapon and it doesn't has an Icon (or the Bitmap for the Icon is missing), when you try to enter the mission the game gives you an error which keeps in loop infinitely. This error should happen at the WeaponLoadOut screen, but it seems to strangely happens after when you try to enter the mission (maybe the check is made and after, and not at the time load).

So, there I can't find any error in the thing I made, It seems that is a bad luck error, It is exactly the same in every single way of any other secondaries, but those were not "player allowed", I don't have problems with primaries, strange (I was making some 256 colour Icons for Inferno secondaries weapons, but since this fail it won't be really uniform, well, less work to do...).

--------------------------------------------------

I can fix the ThustersAnis, it seems that as I read in the CVS builds Threads, the problem is that the Secondaries and Tertiary Beam glows were deleted/deactivated by default, what it would be helpful here is if someone know if in the MediaVP v3.6.8 Beta (mv_effects.vp), there are Hi-Res (or 24 Bit) version of the Secondary and Terciary Thrusters (I'll ask in that Thread).
Still, best that guessing which are the right ThrusterAni, it would be best to wait until someone make the Species_def.tbl for the FSSCP (I have done it, but I am not too sure if I selected the right ThrustersAni)

This way, there I won't be needing of including the INF_2Patch, I don't really want, it will be harder for everyone to notice what I update. (I am terribly afraid that I brake the Multiplayer support, I didn't check this, I fixed

See (CVS 2005-22-12):

Ups, Yes, it was one of the first I made, AB coloured Trails for every ships. It looks really cool, specially when you have 3 wingmen formed on your wing, and they notice see the enemy jumping in,  and to not collide, because they seem sometimes to go for the same route/enemy, the made a circular motion, forming somekind of symbol, just in front on you, it's rare to see it, until you have them really near you. (yes EA have White/Grey Trails, badly I can't change the ThrustersAni to a different White, and not Green/Blue, because they're considered Terran, until I post a feature request to specify exceptions for ThrustersAni/Glows at the Ships.tbl)

---------------------------------------------------

Yes, the TGA texture is okay in pixel's size, but it wasted too much RAM in size, I believe no one should notice if I lessen the Size (of course the quality/colours), do you know if I can do this using the NVIDIA DDS Utilities ?
I don't have PhotoShop, and the 3DS Max, is giving me installation problems (and I am using XP Pro SP2), so I can't use any plugin, that's why I complain making the DDS, using the commandline for converting those textures, would take me some time, that I can use to fix another thing.
When you see mission with the Earth background, and in a vertical and (out ship camera), and you see all your armada going forward (or up), it feels like a the 3D Arcade Shoot-them up (...shoot them all...)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:17:35 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
There's a version of the Icelus in the patch VP that uses 2 1024^2 textures instead of the tile maps. If that is the one causing the slowdown try swapping to the original.

No, the the problem is the SoupTile, the one used for the turrets, in the mv_effects there is a -shine, so it causes the reflect. That texture is used for the Colossus turrets, I remember to see the reflect on the turrets.
So what I did, easy, Galemp seems to notice that in the HTL Hecate, and add a SoupTile1, so now there is no -shine, I just edited the Hecate2 textures and add the SoupTile1 that was included in the Model, and it is not anymore reflecting the earth (or any other background). I also replaced, better to say paste, the DocTileA in the Icelus2 and it's Glow, it has more colours now......

------------------------------------------

That bug that I encounter, I can't really explain it, but it happens when FRED2 saves using one of my TBMs (it's the secondary weapons and ships TBM), it must have something to do with the $Anim, I don't understand why the ships textures become invisible, but as I tried to discover it by elemination process, it seems that every time I make the file smaller, the error either dissapear or move to another Ship Texture. It's like every time I removed a line the error re-allocate in a different ship making it's texture invisible.

At some point I believe it's a FRED2 error, if you use one that doesn't have TBM support, the old TBL are used, and you get your ships working right. So while the new saved mission is using corrupted texture ships, you can play an Inferno Mission that was saved without using the TBMs and all those corrupt things work okay.

So, both Shivan and Ancient Missiles won't be selectable. And the $Anim for Ships also I won't specified it in the TBM, badly this make those extra ships to be Loaded as you select them, and the RAM get wasted, but well.....
Even so, I will include the ssXXXXXXX.ANI for every ship that don't have it (Shivans and Ancients only), It's a 1 Frame *.Ani because I don't have a 3D program, to rotate the model and make a video....to make the *.Ani

----------------------------------------------

The only problem left, are those Beams Sections (I'll report it), and about the Ramdon Crash bug, I don't know, I make I'll try testing the Inferno Build.

EDIT HERE

I asked and seems to be a TBM problem, should be fixed in next CVS Builds. So, there is nothing stoping me now from releaseing the patch (except that the games seems to crash at random at some missions), but still could be a TBM error, because Inferno doesn't crash, and the only thing I drastically change were the TBM. About that bug that makes ships textures invisible, I don't know but since there seems to be problems with the TBMs I believe it could be a because of that.........I'll have to wait to see

--------------------------------------------

Um...no, I see in the adv_effects.vp there are Planets Bitmap in *.TGA Format 2048x2048x32 and it's size it's exactly 16 MB, I see the DDS of 2048x2048x32 have a size of 5.33 MB. So, I can make that.
Maybe I'll make an alternative download for the ones who have more RAM and VRAM, it seems I don't get any boost in the FPS after I fix the Icelus turrets reflections, and neither even if I use a 500x500x8 *.PCX, I get the same FPS, so nowone should experiment a slowdown or get more FPS until they're short in either RAM or VRAM...
Seems like the quantity of ships is what makes mission drop FPS sometimes,

For the ones that downlaod the update, I won't recommend to anyone that use the Ultra-High-End Shockwaves made by DaBrain, it drops my FPS to 5 even if I am alone with no Backgrounds, either Medium quality would be really okay for everyone (use 7 MB), or High-End (use 17 MB). But the Ultra use (80 MB), and the sequence is loaded in a few seconds....until you have a Ultra-High-End machine I won't recommend using it.......

------------------------------

This is really old, but I have add the f_shockwave (and Shockwave Speed) for every ship that don't have any Shockwave, mostly fighters/bombers/etc. and some freighters. However, it seems sometimes those f_shockwaves aren't really loaded, or can't be seen, it is easy to see when you're really near the explosion....it's strange, it was working okay when I start the TBM, but I add lot of KB it started to dissapear sometimes....(well, anyway this doesn't bother the gameplay)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 10:51:00 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If your not sure about your tables run a debug build, if there are any errors in them you'll get a warning about what's wrong. You should try and play through at least one mission in a debug build as well to see if there are any other problems.

Hopefully your species_def.tbm will bring back the thrustertrails in non-inferno-scp, too.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hopefully your species_def.tbm will bring back the thrustertrails in non-inferno-scp, too.
The thruster effects may be broken in some builds.
Think they still work in the last INF Build with our species_defs table.

No, the problem is that the Secondary and Tertiary Thrusters have been romoved from the Internal TBL data, so is like the effects are set at none, when you made the Species_def.tbl it enables the Secondary and Tertiary ThrustersAni.
What I mean is, that as far as I have read, the effects were never broken, but removed.....

------------------------------------

Yes, I run the Debug Build today, and check and somewhat catch a lot errors (read below)

------------------------------------

I forget to say, now most Sub-Munnittions with Shockwaves have assigned the f_shockwave, this should make less memory usage, plus the main Munnition have the Shockwave, and the Sub-Munnitions has the f_shockwave. This will you let you difference the Damage of the shockwave that hits you. The same goes for missiles like shockers and stingers.
The only exception of Sub-Munnittion is the Hell Storm X, it's way too powerful and has a great Width, so it will remain as Shockwave.
For ex.: now you see the HellFire explode and the Main center explosion is a shockwave, but the sub-munnttions are f_schokwave, so you can easily difference between both explosions, the same goes to the Defender which it's sub-munnionts explodes after they're spread a few meters.
(Isn't the Hell Fire a little too powerful, to have "Remote Detonation", I believe you understand what this means....)

---------------------------------

Well, I fixed another thing, that I can't do before because I learned it today, it was the Alpha Mask, for the 3D Earth, however it was not the Mask, it was the Fusion effect that is applied on the Atmosphere of the planets to make it tranlucent.

The Earth Backgrounds in DDS (2048x2048x32) have the standard size 5.33 MB. The only thing I do was to set the commandline to convert it was "nvdxt -file xxxxxxx.tga -dxt5"

I find, but not fix, the Ramdon Crash bug, it seems to be caused by the Decals, when there are lot of Decals generated in seconds, and remain at the same time (about 170+ to be correct), and it was what was making Mission 13 crash before the 1 min of gameplay.
Obviously this is not my error but seems to be a decal handle problem with the CVS, and it seems to happen in Inferno specifically because there a lot ship (not to talk about the ships with 16 barrels...), so there are lot of Decals... the Mekhu Decal it's the Main one in Mission 13.

I can't fix this, it would happen with any weapon that can shot really fast to fill the decal data, so, and the Mekhu isn't the primary with higher ROF. I can't do nothing about more than reporting it, or kill all the whole DECALS (but I am not crazy enough).

For the Ships.tbm:
I am not too sure, but the Bug that is making the ship textures invisible, could be cause because of the "player_ship" that I added to the "SB Nephilim", it has 4 SBanks, and max for player_ship is 3. To test if it was that I can make a SB Nephilim (Terrans), like with the Mara, but with 3 SBanks, and the exact same data.

For the primary/secondary tbm:

What's the @ , after $Name: ???. Example: "@Rockeye", I have noticed that all of the selectable Primaries and Secondaries have it. Maybe that's what I messed ??

I was supposed to released this update soon, (nah..today...ups I say it), however, I want to get ride of some Debug Warnings, mostly with the Species_def.tbl (Default IFF & Fred Colour for species) a problem with the SubSpaceRift LOD, and the problem with the Nephilim...(and the Decals is totally a problem aside from this). The species_def problem won't be need to be fixed when the next CVS build gets released and have feature for the -SDF modular table. (because the one that I made is making the problem, by overwriting it and erasing the IFF/Colour data)

(updated)

Now that there is the New CVS 2005-12-29, it supports the -str (TBM of stars.tbl) and the -sdf (TBM of the Species_def.tbl), which that the only TBL that I have left is the weapon_expl.tbl.
Yes there is the -wxp (TBM for the weapons_expl.tbl), however it doesn't work right, like with the Beam Sections, I was getting the *.Ani choosed over the Eff, but making a TBL fixes it, I'll check with TBM now (the same goes for the Beam Sections, and the same for the Decals crash, I'll check)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 09:15:36 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'd turn decals off personally, we don't use them for R2 since the firerate of R2 weapons are 2-4x that of R1.

For the species_defs debug warning use this format: (add the names of the effects your using)
Code: [Select]
$Species_Name: Terran
$Default IFF: Friendly
$FRED Color: ( 0, 0, 192 )
+Debris_Texture:
+Shield_Hit_ani:
$ThrustAnims:
+Pri_Normal:
+Pri_Afterburn:
+Sec_Normal:
+Sec_Afterburn:
+Ter_Normal:
+Ter_Afterburn:
$ThrustGlows:
+Normal:
+Afterburn:
$AwacsMultiplier: 1.0

$Species_Name: Vasudan
$Default IFF: Friendly
$FRED Color: ( 0, 128, 0 )
+Debris_Texture:
+Shield_Hit_ani:
$ThrustAnims:
+Pri_Normal:
+Pri_Afterburn:
+Sec_Normal:
+Sec_Afterburn:
+Ter_Normal:
+Ter_Afterburn:
$ThrustGlows:
+Normal:
+Afterburn:
$AwacsMultiplier: 1.25

$Species_Name: Shivan
$Default IFF: Hostile
$FRED Color: ( 192, 0, 0 )
+Debris_Texture:
+Shield_Hit_ani:
$ThrustAnims:
+Pri_Normal:
+Pri_Afterburn:
+Sec_Normal:
+Sec_Afterburn:
+Ter_Normal:
+Ter_Afterburn:
$ThrustGlows:
+Normal:
+Afterburn:
$AwacsMultiplier: 1.5

The patch table is a bit out of date.

Thanks Woomeister, thought I didn't finish to test it, the new support for -sdf is only replacing the empty data and not erasing the one filled, so I believe a full species_def.tbl won't be needed.

For the Decals, I'll include them in TBM anyways, I mean, why there is a Flag in the Experimental tab called "-impact decals". You just take it out and magic, consider it an advanced effect...
And yes, that's why I say I recommend to use DaBrain Medium Quality Shockwaves, not like in FS2, in Inferno the Shockwaves quantity is massive (everything seems to be massive in Inferno...). The Ripper has a Level 42 Hull Damage (yes, it's the right calculation, ships without shields should be really afraid), the Hastor only have Level 20 Hull Damage (but 2 Shield Damage), however it's ROF is really lower than in FS2, and it's Power Consumption really High (I believe the one in FS2 can cause more damage still, thanks to it's High ROF and that the ROF isn't stopped, too much by the Ultra High Power Consumption)

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, it seems that I won't need to overwrite any Inferno TBL, all of the TBM that I need are working (-sdf, -str, -wxp). And I have fixed all the Beam Sections, so it's working OK, also I have add a fixed the Nephilim to make I 3 SBanks Section, for player use (though my goal was never to make Shivans playable, I just want to make testing as fast as possible, and with the Shivans was more fast to change/update all the whole Tables than to test it...).
Also I change all the whole TurretAngleFix to match the new wording in CVS 2005-12-29 (the only change is "=" symbol for ":")

Upss...I make I mistake with the Loadout screentshots for 640x480 resolution, it seems I shinrk the Weapon's Icon slots, but Icons have the same size in pixels in any resolution. (I'll re-make/fix the artwork)

The Decal Crash still happens in the CVS 2005-12-29, so as soon as I download the updated mv_core.vp (v3.6.8 Beta), I'll run a debug build and take the *.log to post the bug it in Mantis (because the Debug version crash if you don't have the new Core)

Some ScreenShots I never post because my post were way too large to already make it longer:

I make changed some Beam sections to use more colours:

Mission 1, and the TurretAngleFix

AB Trails, lot of them everywhere.

When I am chasing the enemy really near, sometime I get messed in the friendly ships Flaks Explosions, and with the Trails going everywhere, I get a little confused, um....AB Trails....one of stealth fighters worst nightmare, but well, you always have the choice to not use your AB.

---------------

Ups I should have posted the Icelus with the right SoupTiles1 and the DocTileA and it's glow, maybe next post. It's is very much like the same, but the low-colour DocTileA isn't there any more (still it's a *.PCX of 8-bit/256 Colours)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 11:52:49 pm by Shadow0000 »

Offline Charismatic

• also known as Ephili
  • Pilot of the GTVA
    • EVO
 Ooo screeneis...a hhhh high res..
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::
M E M O R I A L :: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,46987.msg957350.html#new

"IIRC Windows is not Microsoft."

"(CENSORED) Galatea send more than two (CENSORED) fighters to escort your (CENSORED) three mile long (CENSORED), STUPID (CENSORED).  (CENSORED) YOU, YOU (CENSORED)!!!"