Author Topic: IT'S DESTROYED!!!  (Read 51336 times)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
An invasion of Afghanistan would be a meat grinder.  It would be the Soviet invasion all over again.  Bombing the entire place into churned earth ten feet deep would be about the only way to 'win' and even then you'd be faced with having essentially commited genocide.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/

Originally posted by CODEDOG ND:
TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES...

Thank you for that Codedog... I'll never say a bad thing about Canadians again.

*teary-eyed*
Joe.
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
I found this at CNN: an Afghanistan timeline...

Seems like we helped Afghanistan drive out the Soviets... and this is how they repay us.

Joe.
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Yeah, where do you think all those Stingers and ****  came from?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
BTW... this is circulating around in emails... for all Americans...

Subject: Americans Show Unity Against Terrorism - Friday, Sept. 14, 2001

Friday Night at 7:00 p.m. step out your door, stop your car, or step out of
your establishment and light a candle. We will show the world that Americans
are strong and united together against terrorism.

Please pass this to everyone on your e-mail list. We need to reach everyone
across the United States quickly.
The message:  WE STAND UNITED - WE WILL NOT TOLERATE TERRORISM!

... also another one is going around saying to wear Red, White & Blue on Friday...

Joe.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
Candaians are cool...just dont steal their bacon.  

The Russians have also offered aid if we decided to attack the Afgan's including tatical, more precise maps, etc.

Hopefully it won't come to this, but even though they have the Stinger missile, we also don't have a bunch of big gaint slow Hinds flying about as the main stay of our helicopter fleets, and that's one main reason the Russian were defeated since they couldn't soften up the smaller targets before sending in troops.

Hopefully this won't be another Vietnam.

No comment on Vietnam either...
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
it was qutei some time ago that the us gave them stingers - do you think they have any left? or the oens that they do have do you think they will still work? i doubt they been kept in the best possible storage facilities
ARGHHH

Listening to some of you makes me wonder if any of you have ever actually seen a HIND, or a HAVOK for that matter...

The Russians sent some of them with us to africa (during operation Restore Hope in somolia).  Let me tell you, those things are GIGANTIC, and they are litterally flying tanks.  The one vulnerable spot the things have is thier damn rotors, and American sh!t has the same vulnerability before any of you speak up about it.  I might agree that Soviet tanks and (mostly) aircraft are junk, but thier helo's are scary, just plain scary.

What defeated the soviets in Afghanastan is the same thing that defeated us in Vietnam, lack of popular support for the action back home as well as a total lack of experience fighting guerilla warfare (hell, the Veitnamese and Afghanastanis practically invented the stuff during WWII)  Any difficulty the soviets had in softening up targets prior to an assault had to have been a command or communication problem, I do not beleive that it could have been any trouble with thier hardware.
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Yeah, there's a quote by an afghani that basically goes 'we do not fear the Russians, we fear their helicopters.'  The Hind is a flying tank, and fast.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

Hell, I fear the Hind, that is one tough chopper.

------------------
 "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"

Fastest Man Alive

Go Ravens!

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html

TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

Hate to tell you guys this, but that was written in the 70's.  It isn't recent.

------------------
Visit Warpstorm.  Do it now.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline icespeed

We were talking about this in English at school- we're studying media. Someone pointed out the Israeli reaction to the destruction, and someone else pointed out that they might not have even known about it: it might have been some annual celebration or something. It probably wasn't, but there's always that chance- who knows what facts the media might have twisted? They choose some things to show in order to manipulate people. And most of the news comes from channels in the USA.
I'm not saying that this wasn't bad or anything, I just want to point out media influences, so don't take me wrong.
Oh yeah, and Amnesty International apparently made some announcement or something about the abuse of human rights. They also said that America shouldn't exact revenge, just justice. There is a difference.
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Just found this article from New Scientist: Design choice for towers saved lives.

That's true too esta, that justice would likely be better than revenge. Revenge is dangerous - too many emotions involved.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
hey bin laden is under arrest byt the taliban of all people - and should it be needed we have a british task force in the area or on its way 17 warships - 66 challenger2 tanks - and 20000 personel - combined with the american presence in teh area the terrorist should be getting very scared by now =)
ARGHHH

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

...I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other
people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else
raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even
during the San Francisco earthquake.

US: IDF rescue team not needed
I agree that America is the helpful Big Brother to the rest of the world, but they have definetly been offered help by Israel numerous times, both in past events and this current tradegy.

Also: US to Israelis: 'We will not forget your friendship'

Originally posted by icespeed:
We were talking about this in English at school- we're studying media. Someone pointed out the Israeli reaction to the destruction, and someone else pointed out that they might not have even known about it: it might have been some annual celebration or something. It probably wasn't, but there's always that chance- who knows what facts the media might have twisted? They choose some things to show in order to manipulate people. And most of the news comes from channels in the USA.
I'm not saying that this wasn't bad or anything, I just want to point out media influences, so don't take me wrong.

Clarification: The celebrations at the WTC terror attacks were from the side of the Palestinian people. See here. Yes, Arafat condemed the attack, but look at the reactions of his people.

One more thing has really ticked me off today. For those of you who are French: No offense, but your government, is seriously messed up. Look at this.

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
i think the point the frech ambassador was trying to make was teh scale of it - there has never been an terrorist attack of this magnitude before and lets all hope there never is again
ARGHHH

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
FUBAR  

Stonesoft had an office in the WTC, I think.

Offline Pez

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other
people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else
raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even
during the San Francisco earthquake.

I know that Sweden offered 70 man with trained search dogs. USA had/wanted 24 hours to reply but they never replied.

Pez

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior

Originally posted by Eishtmo:
Hate to tell you guys this, but that was written in the 70's.  It isn't recent.

and let's also say that they (US) didn't always help because of altruism...

It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha: