Author Topic: A number of thingies  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Some things I think should be noted/added in the Wiki:

1) The Prom-S is NOT the same cannon as seen in FS1 -- it has 600m more range and is much improved over its Great War progenitor. Something should be in the article to indicate this, and the FS1 GTW-5 Prom oughta have its own article, separate from its FS2 incarnation. Otherwise people will get confused.

2) Though the technology for xasers apparently _did_ exist during the Great War, they were evidently not in production by the time of Operation Templar (mid-2340s), since they are rather conspicuously absent from that campaign. (AFAIK, they were mentioned as "expensive frivolities" at the time.) Just thought that ought to be mentioned -- they weren't churned out the second the GTVA appeared (and definitely not before that).

3) Some discussion on the Terran Blocs might be in order -- speculation at least, inferred from their locations and names (plus what we know from canon). E.G. the Regulus Syndicate. The fact that a large number of people in the Regulan sector were poor and jealous of the Vasudans' recovery (they joined Bosch at the drop of a hat!) infers that perhaps the Syndicate was laden with corruption and/or mismanagement.

4) Any idea why Sirius (and Regulus, for that matter) might be a nominally Terran system *cough*NTF*cough*, even though the Zods are so much closer? I blame the pseudocanon Delta Ser-Sirius node (seen in Clash of the Titans). Assign blame already! :p

5) Perhaps a section for Non-Canon Notes in ship classes. (e.g. "According to Ace's 'Cardinal Spear' campaigns, the GTB Medusa was preceded by the GTB Gorgon class.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 11:13:03 pm by Mad Bomber »
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
It's a wiki. :p The whole point of such a thing is that you can make changes like this for yourself.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
MB:

1) I asked for proper FS1 (& ST) weapon tables (btw big thanks to Spicious for ST ships.tbl) some time ago in another thread, but none seemed interested in mailing those to me... As i currently do not have FS1 installed (and i do not have ST at all) and my hard disks are about to explode (reinstalling is temporarily impossible) i can not read the FS1 data without some little help.

4) I'm not sure that such non-canon info should be included to canon ship entries as data from different mods is usually different and it might be hard to reach any kind of agreement. Ofcourse if separate non-canon section would be added to end of the ship article in wiki that would clearly indicate which mod is used as the source of the particular info, then it might work.

Perhaps there could be sort of info in this kind of lines at the end of the entry
Code: [Select]
<font color=#855545>
==Non-Canon Information==

*The GTB Medusa was preceded by the GTB Gorgon class.
**Source: '''Ace's ''Cardinal Spear''''' -campaing
</font>
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
1) I asked for proper FS1 (& ST) weapon tables (btw big thanks to Spicious for ST ships.tbl) some time ago in another thread, but none seemed interested in mailing those to me... As i currently do not have FS1 installed (and i do not have ST at all) and my hard disks are about to explode (reinstalling is temporarily impossible) i can not read the FS1 data without some little help.
The ST Weapons table is attached. When did you ask for it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Again, big thanks! It is in this thread... I was wondering the possible difference between FSPort and FS1 weapons tables.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
For future reference, there is no trailing 'g' in "campaign".  It's another common spelling error.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
3)  The problem with telling more about them is, well, we don't know anything else about them.  Nothing.  We have some names and can infer locations, but that's about it.  Anything else we put in will be non-canon.

4)  I think Sirius either was originally colonized by Terrans, or given to one of the Terran blocs (Regulus) after the war since Sol went bye-bye.  Why the NTF took it might be strictly for Bosch's purposes (ETAK), regardless of who lived there, if anyone.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
If there is non-canon info in the wiki, it should be clearly denoted with an obvious color. It could make the wiki more informative to modders and people who remember something from a campaign, but are not sure which, but the potential for messing with canon stuff is also there.

Possibly another color could be used to denote information based on conclusions from information in the original campaign. (Say, relative difference between systems based on subspace travel time or somesuch).
-C

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
In theory, there shouldn't be any non canon stuff in there that isn't separated off by a [non-canon] tag. But, inevitably, it's gotten in there.:(
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Breaking out the rainbow is a good compromise. :D
-C

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
The rainbow is irritating.  Just seperate them into sections.  First part is pure canon and the second is educated guesses based on physics, known socialogy, history, etc.  Just makes it easier than color coding every other sentence.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.