Author Topic: p.p.p..progress?  (Read 4846 times)

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Hmmm...i'd like to join, but i haven't got time. :mad:
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Not much younger mind you, probably by only a few months. I remember visiting the MT site before I started this campaign. Never thought then I'd be helping the MT lot for a while :D
I remember lurking at VW when HLP was announced, I don't really frequent forums and it's rare that I register. Setekh got me to register, I scrapped my FS1 campaign I was working on and started playing with Truespace 1, trying to figure out how to do conversions with little tutorials and a very primative version of TS. I made a Shivan uber ship to match the Terran uber ship in MT, and eventually a campaign was built around it. It's changed quite a bit since then :)

We used mostly reskins of FS2 ships and the old stretched Sath Gigas. I met Venom once I joined up with MT as a mission designer back then and he helped modifly the Sath arms a bit for me. Later he started making his own ships and a got a few requests in. OTT was started later and I joined that as the sol converter of the OTT models. OTT and INF shared some common ships and I got to keep the unfinnished OTT stuff like an Ancient destroyer and the SD Yama once I took over OTT for a time.

I've converted over 150 models for this game, absorbed mods from older campaigns like Temporal Mechanics, OTT, Reciprocity and a few others, many of which were used in R1, though many were dropped for one reason or another.

If there's ever a comprehensive collection of FS2 ship models, it's definitely Inferno. We're one of those rare massive projects that actually succeeded on releasing something. The type that usually vanishes or is cancelled after a few months.

Inferno wouldn't of gotten this big without being hosted by HLP and the infinite space provided by Gamespy. I don't think we could of grown this large on Geocities :D

Offline Darius

Assuming the wost-case scenario where the lack of manpower delays mission release significantly, is there a chance of a release of the modpack with the missions as a later release?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
High Max:
Well I'd like to get it working on latest SCP builds, but that's secondary

It's mostly missions and tables now, the rest is my stuff to do like new icons here and there.

Darius:
It is something I'm considering, though I haven't discussed it with the others yet.