Author Topic: Incidental Warfare Campaign Demo  (Read 2533 times)

Incidental Warfare Campaign Demo
Knowing me ive probably posted this in wrong place, but my campaign demo is ready for people to download and test, although the missions may be subject to alteration.

Hope you like all the thanks are in the readme file :-D
 http://handbytec.mystique-empire.com/IW/IWDemo.zip  - Demo File

also
 http://handbytec.mystique-empire.com/IW  is the site address.

Regards
Jon Handby

(EDIT)
Oh yeah i forgot to say this was made over two weeks, so its a little rushed but it should work fine, if not then contact me, and yes i have tested it etc...

Anything else? dont think so, comments welcome  
(/EDIT)
------------------
Incidental Warfare
Cappella went nova, the GTVA stuggles to recover the NTF have broken up into two! And the shivans have a surprise in the bag!

[This message has been edited by Jon Handby (edited 12-17-2001).]
No More Incidental Warfare...
I had to go away and help on something else - http://www.egosoft.com

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
This was the right place to post it   And here is what I have to say about it:

Dude!

Sweet!

Huge kudos to you dude, well done!  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Thanks.   Its going to get a lot better belive me.

I thought i may have one or two major faults, but luckyly i did fix them before release.

Regards.

------------------
Incidental Warfare
Cappella went nova, the GTVA stuggles to recover the NTF have broken up into two! And the shivans have a surprise in the bag!

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
I really should recuperate all the files from my campaign again and continue work on it...
But then again, I really should start playing FS2 again   (haven't played in almost a year   )
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Dude, I almost finished the first mission..crashed though.

In the weapons loadout, I noticed you had the mekhu selectable..you cannot pick any vasudan ships, so it needs to be there not. eek, yodasp33k.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Looks neat; I'll post my thoughts on it shortly.  

[This message has been edited by CP5670 (edited 12-19-2001).]

Originally posted by Alikchi:
Dude, I almost finished the first mission..crashed though.

In the weapons loadout, I noticed you had the mekhu selectable..you cannot pick any vasudan ships, so it needs to be there not. eek, yodasp33k.

DO'H! i thought i corrected that! eek! i went through and took weapons out on loadouts that weren't needed although the first mission was going to be beased on a vasudan destroyer. But i chnaged my mind and made it set on Auitaine.

As for that crash.. odd! it usualy crashes for me when my G.Card decides its gona s***w up! And thats on mission 4.

EEK!

To all
I am looking for some help later on with testing my missions.
Im currently though writing act two. (out of 5) so i will need some help testing and perhaps cirrecting errors while im making missions and the ani files. (Of which ive made 4 so far)

Thinking i may have a slight problem as an ani files is missing from demo, i hope not as most aren't supposed to be in yet!

But any errors please let me know, ill change that load out now.

Also im not sure but i think the "Stinger" wont be in mission 4+ mainly as i haven't activated it in demo yet. (in code!)

Regards

------------------
Incidental Warfare

Offline Pez

I like the demo so far. But it keeps crashing on the fourth mission when the Trojan attack the Sword. Then the Sword send in some reinforcments, that is when the game crash.

Pez

Hmmmm. ill do some testing there, it seems to crash every one in four trys, i thought it was my system as a friend tested it and said it worked, and then it worked for me. Ill look into it and fix the probelm.

Thanks.
(Edit)
Problem found, i think! Some hostiles try to depart from the trojan, so it may not like that. But i have changed the mission slightly so that all the re-inforcements jump in ratrher than depart.

Regards

------------------
Incidental Warfare

[This message has been edited by Jon Handby (edited 12-20-2001).]

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Sweet work dude, I've posted news on this  

Thanks!

I should be uploading a fixed mission Demo soon, it will be same file name.

Heres a status on whats done so far.

Anis are enarly finshed for Acts 1 and 2
Missions for Acts 1 and 2 are nearly done.
Mods are all finshed (thanks to people who have let me use yours a list and a thankyou note is in the readme file)
Weapons are finished (6 new weapons)
Storyline is decided. Perpare for a schocker!
Demo has one or two bug should be sorted tonight.
Act 2 Missions are very very nearly ready for testing.

Regards
And thanks for all your support  

------------------
Incidental Warfare

Okay. three weeks on since started Incidental Warfare id better release whats been going on!

Well the storyline.

Incidental Warfare is actually going to be the start of my big campaign! And im going to be cheesey and tell you its going to be called "Incidental Warfare 2" which is going to be set nearly 60 years into the future, but less of IWfare2, this is the storyline behind IW!

--------
Capella has jest gone supanova caused by an shivan sathanas fleet for some unknown reason. And one of the GTVA's secret projects has just come on-line. The Warlock-Class carriers were meant to act as part of the colossus fleet. But the colossus was rushed into action before the warlocks were nearly finished. Although the first of the four carriers were destroyed near the start of the NTF rebelion. Its reactors were overloaded just as it was about to jump, no one saw the ship explode but communticaions before hand detected a distres signal from an orion class destoyer that was taking part in an experimental project, it was suspected that the warlock was going to help the ship in need. The GTVA construction corps had to redesign the warlock. Hense the delay in the other three ships depearture.

After Capella the first of the three was ready for departure in Vasuda, and the other two ships were still being constructed when suddenly the 2 warlocks in construction were destoyed in a terrorist attack by an Ex-NTF group called "freeworlders" they didn't want to take GTVA systems but aimed at destroying the GTVA from the inside out though silet attacks and terrorist actions.

As well as the freeworlder threat the GTVA also now has to contend with the Shivans that made it through both the Vega and Epsilon Pegasi Jump nodes. They seemed to be seetting up base in outer GTVA sectors.

The GTCa Trojan has been set the task of being the GTVA's new flagship as the Colossus has been destroyed. Its goal is to find all the shivans and destroy them.
Also now with the Freeworlder threat the Trojan has to find where they are coming from and destroy them, Before they rip the GTVA apart. But not is all that it seems as the shivan threat becomes more hosile and the GTVA's bigest secret comes out....

You take part in the 206th SOC Black Ops Fighter Squad on board the trojan under the Command Of Admiral M Lasedon, CO of the Trojan and the SOC opertive Commander S Vela, Who you help to rescue. All seems normal until more secrets are outed by the Freeworlders. Is this the end of the GTVA, has admiral Bosch and the shivans realy gone?
Did capella affect more than the star?

Whats going on!

Incidental Warfare.

--------

Well thats the basis of the campaign without going into details.
And i am also now planning the second campaign. As the first one is nearly done!  
Give it a month or so.

Regards  

------------------
Incidental Warfare