Author Topic: Freespace 2 Download Links  (Read 365308 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Freespace 2 Download Links
I like my marquee. Why can't I count welcomed newbs?

Cause basically you might as well have written "I'm seriously behind the times when it comes to how HLP works" in your sig.

The point where welcoming newbies stopped being something you did cause you honestly wanted to be nice and welcoming but instead became something you felt the need to count and display, is the point at which you should have stopped doing it.

I'm not singling you out cause there were quite a lot of people who were doing it at the time. However a while back the more senior members decided that in addition to being annoying it was actually not the sort of image of the board we wanted to give new members. So the welcome speech was dropped and beaming went back to actually being welcoming rather than some sort of contest.

Fact is that you should remove it anyway just for being a marquee (And I'm going to start taking the kind of zero tolerance attitude to those that we have been taking to image sigs for much the same reason) but to appear to be still keeping count of a contest no one else is interested in competing in anyway is pretty uncool. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
WAHAHAHHAHAHA! I want my newbs! You made me cry!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Oh, what'd be a good program for creating ISOs?  Preferably something free or cheap. 

Oh, and once I get the ISOs created, I may put the Freespace Battle Pack up, Freespace 2: Collosus, and Descent Freespace: Darkness Rising.

Swantz!!
How are you getting on with creating the ISO's? I would really like the FS2:Collosus & FS:Darkness Rising OEM versons.
I am collecting all versions and only need these two to complete my set. (I have purchased all the other versions on ebay for $10, amazing price.)  :p
If it is too much hassle then perhaps somebody can post up the campaigns insted.

:snipe:

If you dont ask you dont get

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Oh, what'd be a good program for creating ISOs?  Preferably something free or cheap. 

Oh, and once I get the ISOs created, I may put the Freespace Battle Pack up, Freespace 2: Collosus, and Descent Freespace: Darkness Rising.

Swantz!!
How are you getting on with creating the ISO's? I would really like the FS2:Collosus & FS:Darkness Rising OEM versons.
I am collecting all versions and only need these two to complete my set. (I have purchased all the other versions on ebay for $10, amazing price.)  :p
If it is too much hassle then perhaps somebody can post up the campaigns insted.

:snipe:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Easy, small and fast.  I've been using this ever since I made that post.  :p
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
* Turey uses LCISOCreator.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

I have a question about the automated mac Java-Installer. Where can I put my weapons.tbl files to if I want to create/install custom weapons?
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You should makes your own mod folder, create a Data/Tables folder in it and put it there. Then when you run the game use the launcher to select that folder as your chosen mod. If you want the media VPs active use -mod YourModName,mediavps

for a second I though that stood for LOLCODE ISO Creator.

I was most disappointed :p

WOW A whole page of "stuff" (as my oldest calls it) for me to download.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline halabit

Guys i downloaded FreeSpace1 from Hades Combine and installed it but when i run .exe file nothing happends .
Also i try with downloading nocd but still no-go .

Does anyone know how i can make it work ?

I have Windows XP SP2 32-bit .

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You are running the FreeSpace.exe, not the FS.exe, right?  You need to set compatibility mode to Windows '95 IIRC.  Where did you install it to?  Don't use Desktop or My Documents or anything under \Documents and Settings\  Does it give an error message?

Offline halabit

How can i set compatibility mode ?

I go thru command prompt , start freespace.exe , go to start screen , go to play , then after that nothing won't start .

It could also be a download problem from them, I have FS1 on manufactures disk and I never had any problems at all installing FS on win 95,98,98se,2000, multiple errors, nt, or vista. In fact FS1 runs better on my vista than it ever did on 95.

If you fond out you need it again let me know I can rar FS1 and up it somewhere and link you to it.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline halabit

Thanks .

Can you first upload just freespace.exe to see if then will work .

If not i will post here again , if you have time to upload whole FS1 somewhere .

I really want to try FreeSpace 1 and Silent Threat because i didn't play them but i'm big fan of FreeSpace 2 .

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm... if that doesn't work, try using the MD5 troubleshooting procedure in my signature, except use it for FS1... wolfen, you would just "Add all recursively" your freespace dir, then send him the md5, which he would open with MD5Summer.. if you can understand what I mean.  Let me know if not.  That way, he'd know which files were screwed up, and you could send only those file(s).

Offline halabit

Superb , here you go :

http://www.70thbluelions.com/FreeSpace.md5

Once again thanks both of you for trying to help me !

Also i saw on Hades forum that others had same problem as me but no answer yet how to fix it . Probably some screw up with some file .

I tried to install updates but they won't install , some error old file , probably freespace.exe and FS.exe .
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 12:51:26 am by halabit »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I think your problem is that you're still running freespace.exe.

Set up compatibility mode on fs.exe and run the game directly from that instead.

Offline halabit

I tried with freespace.exe and with fs.exe no-go .

How to setup compability mod ?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Right-click on the file, hit properties, click "compatibility mode" tab, select "windows 95", hit apply or OK.. that .exe will now use compatibility mode whenever it is launched, and, all .exes that it launches will inherit its compatibility mode.

Offline halabit

Still no-go , same as before .