Author Topic: Freespace 2 Download Links  (Read 365292 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Freespace 2 Download Links
If you want the files go to the Download links at the top of the forum and get the HotU download. Copy everything from that download (except the .mve files) into your FS2 folder.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Turey all the links were downloaded but the music fails......voice success.....i suggest that the warble_fs2.vp failed.........the colossus one size is 97 somthing......new one was only 54......but it was written to be more.....i need the warble for now i guess..

ya ya..its all working perfectly........but dunno how to play FS1 and the JAD 3..........i have the FS2 launcher.....how can i play FS1 and JAD 3 with FS2 launcher?????all files are working fine and thanks for your effort to help me out everybody........

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
As long as you're using the Open Launcher, then just select the mod you want from the MOD tab... eg, for fsport, (FS1) select fsport, for JAD3, select JAD, for FS2 with updated graphics, select mediavps....

thx...its working now.......ty alot :)

does FS 1 have music played during the game play??

FS1 last mission not working and JAD don't have voice........what to do?? FS2 working.......

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
FS1 last mission not working and JAD don't have voice........what to do?? FS2 working.......

Question 1: Be more specific.

Question 2: JAD isn't voice acted. Except for the JAD3 cutscenes.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
FS1 last mission not working

The last mission was a red alert and 3.6.9 is currently not working with red alerts. This problem will be fixed soon in 3.6.10.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

kk...then FS1 the last mission when i get the transmission, after i accept, i can see my HUD and the screen is black.....which means the whole screen is black except then HUD .etc can be seen......

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
kk...then FS1 the last mission when i get the transmission, after i accept, i can see my HUD and the screen is black.....which means the whole screen is black except then HUD .etc can be seen......

Yep, you got bugs. We can set traps, but the only way to get rid of them is to switch to Capital One erm... 3.6.10

whatever....how to play as shivans and can i burn this FS2 into a CD??

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
If you used Turey's Installer just copy your FS2 directory to a DVD or make a data disc in Nero or something. It is too big (the smallest download is 539 Mbs, just barely small enough) to fit on a CD. You could use the HotU version, but that sucks. My suggestion would be to download Hip63's or ShivanSpS's DVD off of BitTorrent. (as they are packaged as DVDs?)

I recall there being a mod out there to allow you to play as Shivs. All it did was to edit the ships.tbl and weapons.tbl to make the Shivan fighters/bombers/weapons player-usable. If you know how to edit tables, you could do this yourself.

lol.......i have no idea on how to edit it and where the heck to start off from........lol  :wtf:

• HotU - Unlike the 3 CD downloads this version doesn't contain the in-game cutscenes. It also uses a no-CD patched version of the Freespace 2 exe. Installation is easy....
Just wondering whether anyone knows of a place to get a similar download file, the 700MEG, rather than the 3 CD download has "Home of the Underdogs" doesn't seem to be working at the moment, or at least not my PC :doubt:

Also, I've got FS2: Collosus, free with my joy-stick, so is there a way/file I can just extend the demo? 

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Use Turey's Installer, and just get the Retail Stuff.  But getting the .exe files for SCP wouldn't hurt, even if your computer's old... but if you don't want them, you don't have to.

For retail, get the red circle.  But you should be able to get the green one, too.  *shrugs*  It's up to you.  Oh, and

:welcome:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 05:40:51 pm by jr2 »

lol i also have freespace 2 colossus demo and the same question poped up to me........and i think that question was already repiled.......its under a section called FS2 Colossus i think  if im not wrong......

i want FS2 SCP in my Desptop computer, but why is it saying that unable to get the proper pixel OpenAL W32 ....i think thats the message.......anyway it still contains those words......i downloaded the openal from www.openal.org then went to the windows section where there is 2 links 1 is the SDK something and there's one more above it i downloaded it.......its working fine in my laptop.......dang! the openinstaller in this 1st page dont have any tango, stu_fs2.vp and the warble.......thats why i asked for the seperate links to download that in my laptop.......i know its not updated........lol.....anyway what to do to make it work on my desktop computer?

I want all the screen shots that I see on every FS link I go to so I can make a screen saver out of them LOL
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
@wildrose wolf:  Just get them all, it will worry about the file names.