Author Topic: Freespace Port 3.0.3 Released!  (Read 56470 times)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Re: Freespace Port 3.0.3 Released!
Good catch. :) New version will be uploaded soon.

I think you should add Blackslash's trails fix (in reply 79) too.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Is the HTL apollo the only one thats hiquality in fs1port or are there others too?

If so where can I find them?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's a question for the FSUpgrade forum.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Q about nameplates:

I noticed why the orions don't have nameplates. There are seperate models for each fraking one of them! So, would it be more practical to simply have _one_ model and use the ::FSO to call to nameplates instead, and if I did it for you, would you want it? (and while I'm at it, I'd also create nameplates for the non-campaign mission ships like Gauntlet and Multiplayer)

(mind you, that's just assuming that there's a difference between the FSPort Orions and the mediavp Orions, if there isn't, wouldn't it be simpler instead to just use the one from the mediavp's and make nameplates instead of loading up multiple orion POF's? Or are you looking for a more standalone-ish behaviour for FSPort?)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We're trying to maintain compatibility with retail.

Offline J.P.

• http://www.omegadigital.org/
Every time I open the launcher with this mod it says, "Please make image 255*112".

-J.P.

Offline ShivanSpS

Download this, and put them in you Fsport folder.
http://galeon.com/shivansps/portv3.bmp

Then edit this line in the mod.ini inside fsport mod folder.

image255x112 = portv3.bmp;

Offline J.P.

• http://www.omegadigital.org/
Alrighty. Now how 'bout the voices and the music? How do I get them to work?

-J.P.

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Re: Freespace Port 3.0 Released!
I just finished the campaing again and... The endmovie is not displayed, Icant see Planet earth on credits...

And i can recomend something for the credits mission?

Use the Red Alert, and some manual landing on the Orion and Arcadia...

While testing Backslash's builds I have also finished Port 3.0.3 and for me endmovie is also not displayed. But I see Earth behind Arcadia station.

EDITED:

A posible improvement for credits mission (if it is possible): In the latest missions I do not play with the default ship but with another one. But credit mission is played with this default ship. Would it be possible to keep your previously selected ship in it? (Sorry for the way I'm explaining but I don't want to make any kind of spoiler about these missions).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:29:24 pm by ARSPR »
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I can't see Earth either, and I haven't been able to figure out why.

Offline hoochie

Hi, I got this working as per Karajormas faq, downloaded the shine and glow maps off the fsport website, then when I made a mod ini pointing to the FS2 mediavps folder as secondrylist they started working.

My question is, with the fsport-hi_res.vp it says to make some changes to the registry to get it to work. Should I do that or is that out of date info?

Cheers.

Offline ShivanSpS

Goober, what Hornet table uses port? The FS1 Table or the FS2 table? because they are not the same, In FS2 the Hornet has been reduced un Accuracy, because the apereance of the Tornedo.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
@hoochie: The info is correct but you can do the same thing in the FSO launcher.  Select "enable large textures" in the Graphics tab.

@ShivanSpS: As stated in the readme, the latest version uses the FS1 tables for everything.  Including the Hornet.

Offline Kaboodles

• Kill the meat. Save the metal.
Are there any mirrors for these files outside of hard-light.net?  I can\'t seem to download anything off this website, and I really wanted to try this. 

In the meantime, I found my old freespace discs and re-installed the game, only to find in dismay that the game seriously looks like ass.  I did the whole setup thing from the Freespace launcher and have come to the conclusion that it\'s running on \"No 3d acceleration\" for some reason, even though it\'s video settings are set to \"Direct3D - Primary Display Driver\".

Please help me :(

Offline Mars

• I have no originality

Welcome to the HLP. Keep all your fingers and toes inside the installation at all times! Exits are located near the "rear" of the station, however, due to the fact that the airlocks are broken, I think you'll find the exits are rather useless. Flamethrowers are located beneath seats, but due to the U.S. good-guy/bad-guy debate, GodTM, political questions, ect. the napalm has been replaced with holy-water. Plasma rifles and shotguns are located in the weapons lockers, however, only the admins, :V:, and the hyperintellegent shade of blue have keys. At no point should you combine the symbols F S and 3, as you will be drowned in holy-water. If you should meet a Shivan in the airducts, give him your lunch and back away slowley. Strawmen may be constructed at any time on level one.

If you have any questions go to Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

BTW, don't express an opinion :P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:28:10 am by Mars »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Are there any mirrors for these files outside of hard-light.net?  I can\'t seem to download anything off this website, and I really wanted to try this.

None of the most recent version (that I know of).  What sort of problems are you having?

In the meantime, I found my old freespace discs and re-installed the game, only to find in dismay that the game seriously looks like ass.  I did the whole setup thing from the Freespace launcher and have come to the conclusion that it\'s running on \"No 3d acceleration\" for some reason, even though it\'s video settings are set to \"Direct3D - Primary Display Driver\".

The basic FS1 installation only looks bad in comparison to today's games. ;) I doubt it's a launcher bug.  You could try installing the DVD hi-res textures (available on the Port website), as they'll work with FS1 too.

Offline Kaboodles

Are there any mirrors for these files outside of hard-light.net?  I can\\\'t seem to download anything off this website, and I really wanted to try this.

None of the most recent version (that I know of).  What sort of problems are you having?

The largest file i\'ve been able to download was mv_music, which was about 11.5 MB.  Anything larger doesn\'t even start downloading.  It just craps out on me.  Straight from \"Starting\" to \"Done\" pretty much instantly.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Um... mv_music isn't available from Hard Light.  It's hosted on warpcore.org.

Is your question about the SCP media vps or about the FreeSpace Port files?  If it's about the SCP, it should go in the SCP forum.

Offline Kaboodles

Oh...

Hm...

Well it applies to the 3.6.9 files also.   I can\'t download the larger mv files, or any of the large freespace port files.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Get Getright if you can, that way, when your download stops downloading, it's not lost.