Author Topic: "Munging" FTW.  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
http://monolith.sourceforge.net/

Should appeal to the resident coders and anti-copyright crusaders. And most everyone else. Now you can distrute any files you like, and the legally you are doing nothing wrong.

I love that word: munging. It sounds vaguely dirty and yet somehow technical at the same time.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Munging means two people digging up a female corpse, then one puts their mouth over the vagina while the other jumps into the grave - onto the chest of the deceased - and the 'mungee' has to eat everything that comes out.

Somehow I think you were unaware of this meaning.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Speaking from experience I take it?

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
I think you'll find that's an urban legend an0n:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munging

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Just because the practice is an urban legend doesn't mean the term is.
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Because people who do it like to brag about it.

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
Munging means two people digging up a female corpse, then one puts their mouth over the vagina while the other jumps into the grave - onto the chest of the deceased - and the 'mungee' has to eat everything that comes out.

Somehow I think you were unaware of this meaning.

My God, that's absolutely ghastly.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I was only aware of an0n's definition of munging when I first saw the title, so you can imagine my shock when I saw it followed by FTW.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
My God, that's absolutely ghastly.

Welcome to the internet....

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
****ing hell, I was eating when I read that. Safe to say, i'm not too hungry any more...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
An0n has a mission, looks like he achieves his goals again.....

It probably meant nothing of the sort until this thread started ;)

As for the old XOR idea, this was a really old trick for computer graphics programming, when you wanted to to place a sprite on a mostly black background, you just XOR'd it down, and the XOR'd it over again to remove it, it saved having to use time and code to remember what was behind it ;) Heh, it was almost a magic spell bck in the days of Amstrads etc ;)

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
I thought that was called a threesome.

I mean-- ehh....
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
An0n has a mission, looks like he achieves his goals again.....

It probably meant nothing of the sort until this thread started ;)

As for the old XOR idea, this was a really old trick for computer graphics programming, when you wanted to to place a sprite on a mostly black background, you just XOR'd it down, and the XOR'd it over again to remove it, it saved having to use time and code to remember what was behind it ;) Heh, it was almost a magic spell bck in the days of Amstrads etc ;)

LoL. Havn't heard the word Amstrad... so long. :lol:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Nor should you ever again seeing as how the Amstrad was definitely bottom of the pile when it came to the 8-bits :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL It was ok if you stuck to Z80 but Amstrad basic sucked, and the OS was terribly coded, the write-to-screen routines were way too slow, first thing I did when I got hold of the firmware manual was re-write those, which made listing a program about 15 times faster.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
:lol:

Never thought I'd say it, but thank god for windows. :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You could have just bought a Speccy or Commodore instead you know :D Then you'd have had a good computer without having to rewrite the OS :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL I owned a speccy, but hated programming on it, oddly enough the best computer I ever had was an Oric 1 of all things!

Edit : Oh and funny you should say that Grug, the thing that slowed Amstrad routines down most of all was excessive validity checking ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:08:21 am by Flipside »