Author Topic: Inquiry regarding the status of Blackwater Operations  (Read 25813 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
FSWatch is dead. It's been dead for... two years? I don't exactly remember how long.
I really am looking forward to this campaign though, it's got a great plot to it.
Here's a question to IceFire: Do you plan on ever finishing/restarting The Babel Effect sometime? Just wondering  :)

Keep up the great work, BWO team!
The Babel Effect is not my work...that would be Ace.  Might be good to address that to him :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Ah, my mistake. So *turns the question to Ace*
Will you restart/finish The Babel Effect?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
my guess would be no. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
I will cut you.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
*holds out wrists* just make it quick...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
any chance of getting Icefire (I think) to release that awesome redesign of the GTD Bastian? It was posted as a screenie only on a dead site.

Unless it is now in BWO?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
The what in the what?
- IceFire

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Something about E3M8 according to the latest thread with a reply. Hooray for crappy forum bugs!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
any chance of getting Icefire (I think) to release that awesome redesign of the GTD Bastian? It was posted as a screenie only on a dead site.

Unless it is now in BWO?

a few months later....

Do you mean the GTDn Bastion that Psycho was making for United Space? The one that was in the making for..... 6 years? The one that only exists on Psycho's computer and the one that Psycho is no longer working on as he's also moved away from FS? if so, mrah.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Do you mean the GTDn Bastion that Psycho was making for United Space? The one that was in the making for..... 6 years? The one that only exists on Psycho's computer and the one that Psycho is no longer working on as he's also moved away from FS? if so, mrah.
This one?
http://inferno.hard-light.net/US_Bastion.jpg

Psycho sent me the original version (I believe the original was lost due to HD problems?) about 4 years ago for converting to Lightwave format for a render he wanted to do. I just found it on an old backup CD. I have the original POF, which is an incomplete LOD0 and all the maps (some are low res) I don't think the current POF would work as it uses a lot of maps, but I may be able to recombine the mesh (it's 2900 polygons in 6 pieces) and optimise it and get it working (I probably won't do other lods though, except for debris) if you or any of the remaining US team ok it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :eek2: This is nearly as old as the GTXDn from Machine Terra and the Darkness class corvette :jaw: :snipe: So it never got finished in the end huh?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I've got those on the same CD as well :D

I tested it in game, it works, though there might be some stability issues with the current pof (it has a big hole in it) and the maps look terrible close up. I should be able to fix this ship up though.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I had one version from him at one point where it was about to be finished... but then he decided to do more work on it... then he disappeared for a few years. When he returned, I showed him the SCP and HTL, and he began work on an HTL version... then he just dropped off the face of the earth for a nother while, until recently. He no longer does anything with FS, from what he told me the last time we spoke.

And yes, that model is as old if not older than Machina Terra...

Its not mine to say if it should be released or not. From time to time, Psycho pops on AIM, if you want I'll tell him you have it, but I think he has several versions already. I dont know for sure though. Ill tell him.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well if he's not going to finnish the ship, and the ship will never be finnished for use in a campaign, then maybe his WIP could be released so someone could try to finnish it? It's too nice of a ship for it to go to waste. If he's lost or deleted it, then I have this version that could be finnished. It wouldn't be as good as the more recent version, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Again, it's up to him. I'll ask him when/if I see him.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Whoa.  Didn't you say that this ship was the only thing holding back the release of United Space?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
About... oh... 3 years ago, yeah. Lord only knows where the mission files are now. (BS2k may have them?)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
I remember playing the campaign as a beta test with the Bastion in it.  Not a bad little campaign...the Bastion suffered from the same problem as everything else that I was seeing.  Big mega warship of doom with ultra firepower and winning all battles sort of thing. I can hardly blame everyone as I sort of bought into it for a little while too.

But don't mistake the Golgotha for that.  Its scarcely bigger than the Orion.  When Kellan and I went in to create a ship we decided that we'd make it as unique and interesting and as much of a compromise as possible. Super firepower had to come at a price.  The Golgotha is dangerous and powerful but no mega super weapon.  They were supposed to build a fleet of them anyways :)

Anyways, shame the GTDn Bastion never made it.   Pretty cool model overall...had some neat things to do that most models didn't have at the time.
- IceFire

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
When he returned, I showed him the SCP and HTL, and he began work on an HTL version... then he just dropped off the face of the earth for a nother while, until recently.
A HTL Bastion?
 :jaw:

I was crazy about that ship for a while. But then again, there were hardly any other ships to get crazy about, back then.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
so anything new?
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.