Author Topic: Cap-ship coversions!?  (Read 28952 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: Cap-ship coversions!?
Yeah, the D-Missile became available in Reaching the Zenith

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
The emp missiles are awesome, because it only takes one to stop a demon destroyer. I used those a ton on the mission where it's the bastion versus that demon destroyer in that ambush mission. I used the emp missiles to disable the demon so the orion could catch up, and i used those to make sure that the orion got in more bang for it's buck :D They're fun as **** missiles, i tried the emp advance on the sath, i wasn't sure if it worked, but i sure bothered the hell out of the nahemas with them :lol:
Here's the thing, collie should like switch to trebs at long range, and then switch to infyrnos at close range :lol: That'll get it done :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
You mean the D-Missiles?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I used hte D-missile a lot.
Works like a charm :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Source code guys, any chane of a Deuce - Missile?  (<smug>See what i done there</smug>
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
The D-Missile is useless in the Freespace Port I've found, there's barely any range that you can shoot it at that won't disrupt your fighter.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Yes i meant the D-missile. The emp advance is the successor to it in fs2. Last time i played the port, the d-missile worked fine:p You just need to not be next to the explosion when it happens, it does have a pretty extended range on that missile(shoot from far away). Other than that, umm i know you can temporarily shut down a demon with them :) Someone may want to try this or not, but with the extended range thing on the emp blast radius might work good on fighter wings. I know in fs2 that's what they try to encourage you to use the d-missile successor for on nahemas. Theoretically speaking in fs2, you should be able to shut down a destroyer in fs2 using the emp advance. D-missile and emp advance are pretty much the same missile.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
No the EMP Advance is the sucessor to the EMP Missile in Silent Threat, actually

Offline Nuclear1

The EMP missile works by disrupting the targeting systems of the ships caught in the blast. This typically affects only strikecraft from what I've seen, and it's essentially the same as being caught by EMP in a nebula mission. While EMP is aimed at disrupting targeting systems for a specific amount of time and playing herky-jerky with the HUD, the D-Missile completely shuts down a vessel with a blast of focused energy.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm can ai have 100 of those aimed at the jugg's? ??
each time they wnat to use theyr beam cannons just shoot 100 of theose at the blasted thing and there you have it one easy victory!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
So pretty much the d-missile and the emp advance are for different tasks :) The emp advance is just for disorienting a target for a long time. I'll stick with the d-missile, which most undoubtedly works through the use of emp's also. The d-missile is a lot better because it not only disrupts subsystems, it does it by just shutting down the whole entire target temporarily :D
Actually maybe the collie doesn't need 100 missile launchers, maybe it just needs the capability to use the d-missile. Cruisers and destroyers are more than capable enough of getting tons of streaming rockeyes to it's target. Why not just replace that with streaming d-missiles, or streaming infyrnos, or trebs for that matter. Overkill yes, but it'd be worth it :) I'm still opting for the idea of 100 launchers on the front of the collie though launching 100 simultaneous infyrnos, because that'd be one suppressively destructive huge ass wall of flame :lol:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 09:33:27 pm by S-99 »

SMBFD

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well who sais it has to be front mounted. Just put them to the side and now you have both the advntage of shutting down the target and blasting it away with beam cannons. O boy I can only imagine the look and the shivan faces when thy get like shut down and blasted at...!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
True, sidemounting would be a lot effective. Just want to put something nice and major on the front of the colossus though. The front of the colossus isn't too opposing, but, oh man the ntd repulse would really not like 100 infyrnos :lol:

SMBFD