Author Topic: I'm looking for a new awesome wallpaper  (Read 2119 times)

I'm looking for a new awesome wallpaper
Any of you guys have some awesome screenshots that are wallpaper-worthy? Preferably in the best resolution possible...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: I'm looking for a new awesome wallpaper
Well here's some good standard ones like a good ol' shot of the sobek

Here a shot of a ship actually shooting something other than it's prometheus laser turret

For some unique shots, here's the meson bomb

Another good one, the knossos as kablooie

And here's a good old sathanas warping in

Here's a hecate getting screwed

Here's almost a full salvo from the sathanas

And here's a level sathanas

Here's a hint, you can have great wallpapers when you have everything you can possibly get for fs2 that's current as an upgrade, and when you get a good glow shader in there, also the right tags in the launcher
I don't know if mine will make the wallpaper choosing though, just thought i'd at least get your head thinking about it by tossing screenshots of the legendary moments of fs2 at you:)
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
Glow shader?  Inform me.  I do assume you mean one in FreeSpace though, not an image editing program.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I think he means something like HDRish. I'd love to use it, but for some reason, my X1600 doesn't want to support it :(

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
You are correcto mundo there ;) I was using hdrish. A good way to load the hdrish smartshader is the psscontrol2.exe. It's a utility that lets you load any smartshader without the use of the ati control panel. Personally, i prefer to load smartshaders with omegadrivers. Idk why it wouldn't work on the x1600, it just requires a dx9 compliant card, and the x1600 is a dx9 compliant card. Try, try, and try again, it really is a treat to play fs2 with fake hdr, and it's another treat to take good screenshots with it.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
THE SIZZLER'S SCREENSHOT PACK #1

40 or so megabytes.
131 screenshots.
BMP = old Media VPs
TGA = new Media VPs

Oh, and :welcome:

Offline Nuclear1

Check anything from the 3.6.8 screenshots thread or any of S-99's pics.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Here's a link to all my screenshots to make things easier. You can go to the 3.6.8vp screenshots thread if you want to, but me and thesizzler made things easier for you. Since the only screenshots left in the other thread that load are mine and thesizzlers :D
Download away, and if you don't find good wallpapers (i don't see how you would) give them all a look. They're are sort of like really cool slideshows if you're able to scroll through them with some speed :lol:
Anyway, give sizzlers a look and mine, i've seen sizzlers before too (they're pretty sweet) :D
Screenshots.Rar by Theloveofamanstouch.Com
17.8mb rar archive 166 files at 1024x768(the highest playable resolution)
(it's actually bigupload.com)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 02:36:19 pm by S-99 »

SMBFD

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You are correcto mundo there ;) I was using hdrish. A good way to load the hdrish smartshader is the psscontrol2.exe. It's a utility that lets you load any smartshader without the use of the ati control panel. Personally, i prefer to load smartshaders with omegadrivers. Idk why it wouldn't work on the x1600, it just requires a dx9 compliant card, and the x1600 is a dx9 compliant card. Try, try, and try again, it really is a treat to play fs2 with fake hdr, and it's another treat to take good screenshots with it.

I suspect I'm doing something wrong, this is my first ATI card, so I'm still feeling my way through the control panel and everything. The card runs like an absolute dream though, after my last NVidia card, this thing is like a gift from the Gods, I'm pretty much neutral in the graphics card debate normally, but I'd certainly say from personal experience that of late ATI are producing the more stable and reliable cards. Still, I'll give it a few weeks before I shout too loud, just in case ;)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Ati started making good cards when they started the radeon line. Then they actually started coming on par with nvidia graphics by actually releasing a radeon card that was slightly behind in speed compared to the best nvidia card at the time, but more advanced. That be the radeon 8500, supporting advanced features like truform(i don't remember any other features of it, and as cool as truform was for CS, it didn't work correctly in other games). Either way, the first good card was like the radeon 8500. The cards that started giving nvidia an actual competition and run for their money was the 9000 class of radeons. There is a huge variety of 9000 radeons and was like one of first lines of ati cards to actually outperform nvidia for once. Personally i use a radeon 9800pro 256mb ddr2. This card is 3 years old, bought it during christmas because i don't have pciexpress, and i wanted a card that would release the last potential of my agp. Hence the 9800 i got, funny enough i came to a conclusion that the graphics cards from 2003 were very much at a level above the games of the time (talking about nvidia and ati here). 2003 was the dying use of the quake 3 engine in games, and for the time, the most intensive game was UT 2003. Hell, geforce and radeon cards in 2003 sped through those games like nothing. Here i am 3 years later, and i can play FEAR at max setting beatifully with my 9800pro 256mb ddr2 card. I can max out quake 4 and play speedily, i can max out fs2 with all the nice new stuff with it(even mv_adveffects) speedily. I can even play halflife2 and doom3 at maxed settings speedily. I mean, holy ****, cards from 2003 are ****ing insane.
Personally the only reason i'm an ati guy, is because 3dfx went down the hole :( And my next graphics card was a geforce 2 mx 400(later those were renamed to fit the geforce 4 line of budget cards). The geforce 2 mx 400 was just an absolutely horrible budget card solution anyone could think of, it was expensive as hell too. Then later, when ati came out with the first radeons, i bought the first radeon budget card(aka the radeon ve). It was cheaper, but only by like 15$, but it did so much better than nvidia budget graphics. Nvidia does make great high end speedy fast ass graphics cards, but that's if you got money. Personally nvidias budget graphics suck horribly. On another note, you know ati has good graphics when nintendo uses them in the gamecube(dolphin chip or something) and when microsoft drops nvidia from the hardware schematics of the xbox360 to use ati graphics.
IDK, really not much reason to go with ati or nvidia. People prefer nvidia, some prefer ati. The god given speed with them these days does come from both of them. But for ati, it usually comes cheaper than nvidia, and that's why ati should be recommended. But besides that ati offers much better stuff in the cheap graphics department, that's where a lot of the market is for graphics these days. Actually the radeon 9800pro 256 costs a good deal more expensive than the x1600(checkout pricewatch for confirmation). Be rest assured, the x1600 was a good buy, as i see and am glad you are happy with your wise choice flipside. As far as regarding the gamecube and the dolphin, you guys should go research games like resident evil 4, and compare it to resident evil 4 for ps2. Let's just say in porting the game to ps2, there was a big downgrade in polys and textures :D The gamecube really does have great graphics.

SMBFD

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
I love my ATI Radeon 9550. I've actually been able to play games that were released within the last 2 years!