Author Topic: Curious as to project status...  (Read 18564 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Curious as to project status...
When will R2 be out?   ;7

Just had to get that out of my system...

The FAQ thread hasn't been updated in a while.  I was just wondering what has happened in the past couple of months.  I think you said you were rebalancing the .tbl files and still making missions at the last status update.  Anything else change since then?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Curious as to project status...
Not much has happened since November. Kind of lacking the staff to make any progress.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I was wondering the same thing for over a year now.  Meh.  Just don't expect anything anytime soon, haha!

I'd help out if it weren't for school, and I've been away from the community for awhile now.  Well, if R2 isn't out by next summer, then I'll sign up to help out a bit.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Things were going well between September and November but it died down after that. Right now there's only me and Qwer here.

It's one of the reasons why I started working on some of the other things I've been featuring recently, since I can't make much progress on the main mod right now.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What's the hangup, then?

SA is dead, nobody's responded to my finishing my mission...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

For me, RL issues, and the fact that my venerable Sidewinder joystick decided to die this week. :(

Offline Tyrian

This is somewhat worrysome.  Do you think the staffers will come back when they are free again? 

I would hate to see Inferno die... :(

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Inferno won't die,  but I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year R2 isn't still released.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ugh I hope not :D

Offline mr.WHO

Inferno won't die,  but I wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year R2 isn't still released.

HERETIC, burn him, burn !

Then replace it with a gamepad ASAP ;)

You can 'play' FS2 with a gamepad in the same way as you can with a mouse and keyboard. It's nowhere near as good, or accurate, to someone who prefers a large, weighty stick in his right hand. ;)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Ugh I hope not :D

Well, for future reference, you guys can quote me come next year should R2 not be released by then.  Haha.  =D

Offline aceofspades

• Janitor on a SJ Sathanas
...It's nowhere near as good, or accurate, to someone who prefers a large, weighty stick in his right hand. ;)

:wakka: :wakka: :wakka:
Am I the only one who thought of that that way?
I wonder if the Shivans eat chocolate? Or play FS2, for that matter.

Offline Tyrian

No, you weren't...Unfortunately...   :lol:

Sig rising...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Seriously,but if we want that Inferno continues we should form a new Team...

What will the R2 contain exactly?What kind of new ships and weapons?
How many missions will be present?Is it upgraded to be playable to recent version of SCP?
Are maps and effects upgraded?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
1. Uh about 170 ships and over 200 weapons. Look at previous topics for 'types'
2. 18 in the first chapter. Doesn't currently run on latest INF Builds due to out of date tables, but I can fix that in a few hours. It requires an Inferno build and will be released with the most recent stable build at that time.
3. Some are some aren't. Most EA maps are redone though a few haven't been done. We have over 6110 files in the mod and only 1 person working on effects and maps, 0 working on models so keeping up with new SCP graphics features is not a priority.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Oh,I understand.
For this reason I suggest you to recruit more modders...
Ehm what does the H mean is SH Gargant?I don't know a thing about that ship,I only know how is it like(a modified Sathanas)...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I haven't seen anyone who is free enough to work on 953 effect files, 1355 maps, or 266 models.

The Gargants future is undecided and it's a modified Gigas R1, which was a modified Sathanas.

Ehm what does the H mean is SH Gargant?I don't know a thing about that ship,I only know how is it like(a modified Sathanas)...

"Shivan Hive" I think. I saw a nice looking render comparing the sizes of the Gigas, Gargant, and the Collossus for comparision. (Note: I've looked all over for that render and have never seen it again. What site is it on?) The Gargat looked about three times the size of the Gigas (the R1 Gigas, that is), and should probably have comparably powerful weapons methinks. Also Woo has gone out of his way to make it invincible... that's what I know about it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It's about twice as long as some of the older Gigas models, a bit under that with the new one. It has a lot more mass though.