Author Topic: Curious as to project status...  (Read 18623 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Re: Curious as to project status...
Hey I forgot that you had another side project before alliance, too bad Ancients od will be released after R2 release (week before Duke Nuke Forever ??)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
What do you intend for "scrapped"?
I intend nothing, scrapped ships are deleted ships.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Well,my translator doesn't know scrapped(but it knows scrap I checked later).
It is another bad new for our Inferno campaign.It's name,Steadfast,was the name of the Telemus the player was based in.
with the Tele out,what will take its place as EA carrier?I fyou can post here a screenshot I'll be pretty pleased(I must show it to the other two members of the team).

What happened to the Scorpion and the Shaitan?

This is the last question I think.   :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Nothing replaces the Telemus, we use the Auriga instead.

Scorpion is still there, Shaitan is not.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uhm it wasn't the last question...
Instead of losing so much time replying to my questions,why you don't write something simple and explain easily what has changed?
You'll need nothing more than 2-3 minutes.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Nothing replaces the Telemus, we use the Auriga instead.

Scorpion is still there, Shaitan is not.

Good.  :yes:

Shaitans are worthless, but I loved the upgraded Scorps.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Instead of losing so much time replying to my questions,why you don't write something simple and explain easily what has changed?
You'll need nothing more than 2-3 minutes.
Uh you do realise we ripped out 90% of the weapons, added new armour classes and added about another 50 models, and redid nearly every remaining model (170+ models total) boosted turret counts on some ships like the Odin, totally replaced models in some cases like the Raguel, changed subsystems and hundreds of balance changes to ship stats.

That's more than 2-3 mins

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
And when your work will be finished?
This high amount of changes significantly puts Steadfast on the 9th Circle of Hell.
If you tell me with an approx of 1/2,1 months when this release will be released we'll know if to continue to finish at least the first chapter (5 missions remain,but the other ones need testing and balancing)and quickly post it or if we should wait for the R3.

Please don't tell me you are going to put more SOC corvette classes...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
With the big review we'll have to do for 3.6.9, and the current staff I'd say 12-24 months.

There are no SOC ship classes.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
12-24 months?1 or 2 years?This approx is too generic!

This gives Steadfast sufficient time to be developed and hosted,however,for the last time,I let you reconsider your no-more-members polithics.
You are working too much.You need someone able to help you.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
This high amount of changes significantly puts Steadfast on the 9th Circle of Hell.

Why don't you just base it on R1?

Offline Nuclear1

Why don't you just base it on R1?

Indeed. If you've got R1 already on your harddrive and Woo is giving one or two years for repairing R1, then why not just develop the campaign with what you have already?
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You can't make mods with R1 as a base for INF SCP. There's probably only about 10% of the current mod in R1 so it's not possible. So if your using R1 you should stick with R1.

The only INF SCP compatable mod at the moment is Inferno Alliance, since I originally made it as an INF mod.

We're not 'repairing' R1 we're replacing it. If it was just a fix up of the R1 mod it would be done by now.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok I've fixed the tables and it's playable again on recent builds, no debug warnings at all. Though shields seem to go down faster than I remember...

Multiplayer interface is no longer disabled by the mod. Syphon track now works, and I've fixed a few other things. I'm compressing it now so I can transfer it to my laptop though it takes over 30 mins to compress.

The big ship and weapon review can now begin.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What I meant was that LieutenantGeneralMobius could base his mod on the SCPified version of R1 done by Shadow0000.

Offline neoterran

the SCPified version is now out of date. There are several problems, including the alpha effects bug, but also other problems, as shadow0000 has said he is working on another, newer R1 revision as a basis for fixing S:AH.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
What I meant was that LieutenantGeneralMobius could base his mod on the SCPified version of R1 done by Shadow0000.
Yeah but some campaigns are using R1 for now thinking they can easily port it to the next release. Which of course isn't true.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah but some campaigns are using R1 for now thinking they can easily port it to the next release. Which of course isn't true.

Sorry but I won't be able to connect for a months,starting from tomorrow.

The Steadfast mission I maked(13)don't use mods of course except Inferno.
When I joined the team,Darth Dysko(now on vacation)told me he has modified many table entries and added ships from FS2.
What I remember was a modified Triton and the Hecate.

A modified Apothess beam for a special mission(increasing range and lifetime)is another significant change(Admiral Edivad told me to do this because he is a noob in table editing).

Now you are telling me that's impossible.Why?

Goob:I believed the R3 was coming in a few in order to update Steadfast instead of re-do everything. Now I know R3 is going to be released the next year.
The first chapter will be released before this december I think.There are 15 of 19 missions maked(finished or to fix).I was so fast,in fact I made even the first mission of the second chapter. Only Blaise Russel could do this...until now.

INF SCP however didn't make graphics so upgraded,they still look old compared to the SCP ones.
I believed this could be a severe bad thing for Steadfast(a player with the head full of SCP stuff returns back to the past).The story is interesting and many things are new for an Inferno campaign,but graphics are what a gamer sees first.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Now you are telling me that's impossible.Why?
It's not impossible, but with most of the R1 stuff missing it would be a waste of time to try and get it working with R2. You'd need to get R1 running on top of R2 if your using a lot of R1 ships/weapons.