Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64226 times)

Uhh...i think the optimized build file for 7-21-06 has the fred exes in it instead of fsopen exes.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Offline neoterran

Sorry, about the late update. I was busy watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex :D

Hey, don't worry... it's alot better to be getting the builds this way rather than the 3 months you took off completely !  ;)
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline redmenace

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Raptor

any better idea exactly?

Nope sorry, unless I work my way through all the releases... :shaking:
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline redmenace

well you can work throught the last 2 months by continually eliminating time period.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Raptor

well you can work throught the last 2 months by continually eliminating time period.

Err... please repeat all after 'continually'.  'time period'? :confused:  (It's properly something really simple and I'll look such a idiot for not understanding...)
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline redmenace

given a time period of 6 months hypothetically. If you wanted to know when a bug was introduced you would contually test in the middle of the time period. In the case of 6 months you would test 3 months ago and determine whether it was introduced 3-0 months ago or was introduced in the time period of 4-6 months ago. This process continues till you have an exact date of introduction.

I also assume you jumped from a march to a july build.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 7/23/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 7/25/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Updated!
CVS as of 7/25/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
Updated!
Link to post 1!!!
:lol:

Offline redmenace

-Frederic Bastiat

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
:confused:
Just wondering why you don't edit post 1 with the updated links and then Quote it when you post the non-linky one; that way, you'd have the links on the end of the post string as well as the beginning.  :)  Just a thought.

Offline redmenace

My thoughts are, does it matter?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Heh. I'm always clicking "Last Post" to see if it's a release message or I just refresh warpcore. :)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Raptor

given a time period of 6 months hypothetically. If you wanted to know when a bug was introduced you would contually test in the middle of the time period. In the case of 6 months you would test 3 months ago and determine whether it was introduced 3-0 months ago or was introduced in the time period of 4-6 months ago. This process continues till you have an exact date of introduction.

I also assume you jumped from a march to a july build.

Yes, I did.

Just finished testing these builds:
06/04/12
06/04/21
KARA 06/05/17

They all have the 'jumping to lower LODs when they shouldn't' bug.  It appears to happen when there is a lot going on.

I've not seen it happen in the 06/03/06 build.  Do you have any builds between 03/06 and 04/12 ?

Offline redmenace

-Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 7/26/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Is this CVS better/more stable than the "unoffical RC6s"? And what's all this about the Inferno builds? I thought Inferno was a campaign. :confused:

Offline redmenace

CVS is directly from the repository. The RCs are from the 3.6.9 branch in CVS. There are not many differences other than CVS has new features if they are committed. 3.6.9 RCs contain bug fixes only.

The inferno campaign requires a special setting inorder to work properly that only can be set at the time of the exe being built. This will be fixed in the future so there will be a one type fits all.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Ah, thank you. :)