Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 63936 times)

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/09/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Build
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Build
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/12/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Build
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Build
  • If any one is wordering where all the posts went, the previous thread has been split and moved to the general forum.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/13/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Taylor added a feature that allows you to specify which model should be used in the hud target window
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
The next CVS build should contain a beam fix where exit explosions for beams are now visible, so they're not crappy looking.  This is in response to this picture: http://www.duke.edu/~cek6/cover_redux.jpg
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/14/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/15/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno Tech Room Fixed
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The 12/15 build debug FRED is giving me some error messages that certain TBP ballistic-enabled ships don't have a pbank cappacity, but there's no ballistic weapons in the tables, and no entries in the ships being reported, that are for ballistic primaries.  This doesn't happen with 12/14.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline redmenace

Yah, there are alot of problems with CVS right now. I need to submit some of these to Mantis. TP, go ahead and submit a mantis bug report.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
the only thing i have trouble with is the -img2dds bug, which won't work with D3D nor OGL.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I just have one thing I've been wondering about for some time. Months ago before the whole reworking of the species thing, engine glows looked all pretty and had these big glows that stuck out like in these screenies:
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/wmcscreenies/desperation/fightingback.png
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8695/fs2openrsw20051215160040876db.jpg

When the thrusters came back into CVS, I couldn't help notice that engines would still glow and all, but those trail effects were gone entirely, like these shots:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2227/fs2openrp420051101200511092127.jpg
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/9700/satis0hg.jpg
(On that last one the same trail on the Blockade Runner in the SW pics should be visible from that angle, but it doesn't exist).

Is this something that's a CVS issue or have I just misplaced a few things? I've been meaning to ask this for a long time since I've never seen it brought up anywhere...

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I'm wondering if you 'll increase the number of asteroids. Because, I'm limited to 256. I would enjoy to make some crazy mission into a real asteroid belt like SW : The Empire Strikes Back.

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/17/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Tech Room Borked
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
On the lighter side... no more imagined ballistic primary bank cappacity error messages in debug.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
wait, you fix the tech room but now it's screwed up again? :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline redmenace

eh at this point I am not sure. If you have pilot problems, delete all pilot related files.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/18/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Way, cool  :D

New builds to play with every time I come here..  ;7

Thanks Redmenace and the scp team.  :D

Have a safe and happy holiday... Merry Christmas to all.  ;)
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Uhm, the launcher's spitting back an error.  Something about "flag file not found" but it's not doing this for the 3.6.7 build.

Any ideas?

EDIT: And now it's not.  I guess it sorted itself out when I loaded the 3.6.7 build.  Whatever.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
install OpenAL v1.1. :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A bunch of the old flags have been made obsolete. The launcher will detect this the first time you run it and then remove them from the list.

Nothing really to worry about but if you go back to an older build have a looksee what got turned off.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]