Author Topic: So... What do you think of Crysis?  (Read 4657 times)

Offline ZmaN

So... What do you think of Crysis?
yeahh I'm loving this game!!!

I cant wait till it comes out..

SOrry im too lazy for linkage...

Whats your opinions on this game?
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: So... What do you think of Crysis?
Now that's proper fanboyism; loving an unreleased game. :p Anyway, it looks good. We'll see if that's it or if there's more to it than just the looks.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It looks fantastic, and Crytek did good with FarCry, so they should be in their element here. I have my fingers crossed.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
It's from EA, so it will be an expensively produced yet shallow and derivative game that receives either a) 5 sequels or b) 5 booster packs (but nowhere near as many patches as it needs).

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Now that's proper fanboyism; loving an unreleased game. :p Anyway, it looks good. We'll see if that's it or if there's more to it than just the looks.
This was the deal with Farcry, and unfortunatly as a result Farcry was an incredibly poor game. Nice to look at for five minutes but dull to actually play.
Engine advertisement, anyone?

I can't  see Crysis being any good, it's not even anything completely special anymore graphically.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
it looks absolutely amazing. but, we'll see how it plays.

Its engine is absolutely top-notch, a real hardware killer, who knows how it'll keep people interested, and i forsee its engine being used for other applications.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ZmaN

This was the deal with Farcry, and unfortunatly as a result Farcry was an incredibly poor game. Nice to look at for five minutes but dull to actually play.
Engine advertisement, anyone?

I can't  see Crysis being any good, it's not even anything completely special anymore graphically.
I thought far cry was done quite well.  I mean sure the voice acting was voerdone but i still enjoyed it.

The AI was top notch when the game was made, and the graphics still to this day are supurb, I dont see why you think its so bad.
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Although I quite liked Far Cry, the AI was retarded. (it's as bad as the FS2 AI :p)

As for Crysis, the graphics are far ahead of anything current available, but I haven't heard much on the gameplay or anything else except for the weapon upgrade system, which sounds interesting. I'll reserve judgment on it until it comes out.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Far Cry was the only game I've ever played where one of the enemies response to me being ever so slightly lower on a slope.... was to shoot himself repeatedly in the foot with an assault rifle. 

Never seemed to run well for me, though.  Strange, because my machine - whilst not top notch by any means now or at the time - should have been able to fairly easily handle the medium settings or so, but it continuously chugged.  Even though I remember the demo being fine, too.

It did have a P-90, though.  :)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I"MMAGONNASHOOT YOU INTHEFACE!

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Far Cry is also the only game where I've had the AI blow themselves up with barrels. That didn't even happen in Doom 3 :p

I have my own peeves with Crytek though due to another project that was being worked on at the time which I had some involvement with... which got axed because Ubisoft didn't see any profit in it.

On the bright side though, FarCry did become something more than "dinosaur island" and a crappy Homeworld clone got killed too ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'd have loved a dinosaur island game.

Dinosaurs are cool  :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
That's not a dinosaur, it's a ****wit paying his student debt off.

Crysis?

I look at it and think...
yeah, it's nice pre-rended.  But just wait till you see the abrupt LOD switching in the real thing.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
farcry AI sucked

"me sneaks in deep bushes suddenly gets hit from an AI that shouldnt be able to see me but does"
"me is dead"
I hate My signature!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
They follow you around everywhere like lemmings. On the higher difficulty levels, the only way to deal with them without losing a lot of health is to fire some pot shots at them at a distance and let them run up to your ambush.

Feh... I didn't really care too much for FarCry. 'twas a decent game, but EXTREMLY over rated. Don't really got my hopes up for Crysis, it looks to be another average FPS with flashy graphics. Whoopee.
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

I, uh.... loved.... farcry... <cough>  lol.

I'm looking forward to Crysis very much.  I'd like to play it, but I'd probably have to give an arm or a leg just to afford the system needed to play that thing on minimum even, lol.
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon