Author Topic: Nexus 2...if it would have been build  (Read 5341 times)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Re: Nexus 2...if it would have been build
After a short time I feelt quite comfortable with the controls...didn't had any problems...except that I sometimes wanted to just make my own waypoints. Still I could handle it quite well.

As for not finished features.

Anti shield weapons -> Depends much on the techlevel differance between you and you enemy. If your Anti shield weapons are week you won't have much of an impact on the enemys shields. But their are some realy hightech shieldbombs that have an area effect. These things are quite effective.

Pinpoint weapons to take out systems -> My favorite way to take out enemys. With a strong beams weapons you could easly disarm an enemy, criple its engine or do other things. I liked to dissable engines from stronger enemys, then I brought some distance between me and them and took out the smaller flys...or the other way around. Boarding ships and keeping them..or just rip them appart for stuff to be used would have been realy cool...thats a point where I agree.

Experiance-> Now that you mention it...yes it build up very slowly and the effect was very low. Could have been better.

The part that IMO mostly sucked was the sometimes dependance on luck. Still the story was nicely presented, the graphics great and the battles where fun to play. For me it had the right balance of difficulty.
And I didn't even know that it sold so bad.  :(
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The last mission ocurs in the somewhere near a black hole or something like that! That is the last mission.

Also the weapons depending on theyr level could be very usefull or very useless.

Oh and leyts not forget weapons/shield/engine managemnt which was a feature which reminded me instantly of FS when i saw it.

The diference is that in Nexus you actualy go faster you weapons fire faster and harder and your shields become stronger as well.

During the last stages of the game your ship becomes so powerfull that there is no ship in the game that can damage you seriously whatever it does. However the game is made so that this is balanced. You may be the stronger part but they have loads of ships compared to you. And this is where strategy comes into place. If you play your cards right  you can win but if you dont then you will see your precious fleet shreaded in a couple of hits. Oh and the experience level actualy does count especialy near the end of the game where you have enough experence and high enough level (just in time) to actualy repair faster fire faster or better etc. depending on the level you chose.

I loved this game and still do. It horible it wont be realeased.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
agreed with alpha i never got further than the earth mission the one where you had those uberm issile ships attack you :(
I hate My signature!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm at the black hole, but i spent my resources on crap, so the first Vardrag to show up kicks my batty sensless........ :mad:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
My god........ I think I'm in love....... :O
The first one rocked my socks, I can't imagine how much this would've.
Damn it! Gems like these that go under the radar and get dumped in the trash just prove how much I'm justified in hating people...
My only real dissapointment with Nexus was the fact that you could add ships to the game, but couldn't design missions for it. It used Lightwave models as well, so it would have been a piece of cake for me :/

It was a fun game, but as ngtm1r says, some of the later missions, particuarly the cloaked ones, are as much a matter of blind luck as strategy :)
Designing missions is a cakewalk.
You just have to do a LOT of text-editting, use of the mission editor (that came with Nexus), also ask around the Nexus forum for help (its still very active).
I was in fact making a campaign for Nexus, when I got swept away in FS2 and EVN. I'm still working on it, though its progressing much slower than I'd like.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:22:07 am by Harbinger of DOOM »
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I have once seen a B5 mod that looked very good. I think Nexus had a great potential and at least I found it very funny to play.
Still it was more like playing a movie not a game. Give the order and watch the firework.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Yeah, its very movie-like. I think thats part of why I loved it so much......
The New Conflicts campaign is also a great campaign for Nexus.
BTW, I'm one of the few who thinks we have a duty to mod Nexus 1 to match the tech presentation... :lol:
But seriously, I just can't stand that level of torture........  :mad:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I myselkf started to mod Nexus but gave up once I saw the hardcoded limits.. 14 turrets total!!!! WTF??

If I can't put my models in Nexus in all their glory, I'm not putting them at all....  :mad:

Anyway, did htey found a way around that?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Nope, Nexus modding was crippled, you couldn't even design combat areas. It was a pity, because I had a real interest at first, since I'm a Lightwave user and the game accepted most of Lightwaves' features, including the animation, but because it was impossible to create your own campaigns, you could just use different ships in the same scenarios over and over, I decided against it.

Ummmm, you can make campaigns.
New Conflicts proves this.