Author Topic: Halo 3 Thread of Great Justice  (Read 13865 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Halo 3 Thread of Great Justice
Several magazines have Halo 3 covers this month, a few European ones and EGM.

The first subscriptions are hitting mailboxes.

This is what we have so far.

"Just got LEVEL (swedish gaming mag) in the mailbox..
Really nice Halo 3 cover, and a 10-page or so article on the game, with lots of (multiplayer) pictures.

I haven't read the whole article yet but they reveal 2 new weapons and 1 new veichle, and also a "Legendary Edition" of the game.

The "legendary edition" is sort of a "special-special-edition" that consists of a Full-size replica of the Master Chiefs helmet that contains 4 DVDs with material.
1= The Game
2=Various documentaries and audio commentary
3=Spinoffs such as "Red vs Blue" and "Spark of Life"
4= ALL the cutscenes from all three games in Hi-def

Oh, the game looks great btw"

Now that's how you make a good package....

:D

Here's hoping for scans soon.

Update:

"To be honest I haven't seen much of Resistance so I can't really say which looks better..all i can say is that Halo 3 looks really good in the pictures (especially the environments) and according to an interview with some Bungie people that is in the mag, alot of graphical effects that will be in the final version are not even in this version.

New Weapons:
*Spiker: the weapon of choice for brutes.
*Spartan Laser: An anti-veichle weapon, fires a red laser that pretty much destroys any veichle that is hit.

New Veichle:
*Moongoose: The ATV that was supposed to be in Halo 2. It carries 2 people and it doesn't have any weapons so it's mainly a means of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible."

This will make a lot of people happy.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Re: Halo 3 Thread of Great Justice
...Nah, too easy. *Wanders off*

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Goodbye.

from gamefaqs
Swedish magazine level has had the chance to play halo 3 in multiplayer and there are 3 levels which is revealed,
Valhalla = blood gulch, High Ground = Zanzibar, Snowbound = Frost bite.

New vehicle - Mongoose, mostly for transport 2 persons.

new weapon- spartan laser, hard to use but extremely powerful vehicle destroyer apparentley

- nail grenade, sticks on walls and emits nails into the air.

new weapon - spiker (brute weapon),

your secondary weapon is visible at all times at your back. Finally. Now I can see that someone has a SPNKR before charging them and getting blown to crap

New transportation system in multiplayer- man cannon, launches you into the air through air streams, you can still be fired at and you can fire back.  LOL

The X-button will have a special use which Bungie will not reveal.

No bots will come to H3. that will be all. WHAT!!! :( But the games have always had AI ripe for good bots!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
if you want bots, play the single player campaign, sheesh.  ::)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
...Nah, too easy. *Wanders off*

Be fair; I'm sure someone else has written a series of gushing previews & culled PR pieces all coincidentally for games on the same console (and daming indictments upon competitor consoles) elsewhere in this forum.  Somewhere.  Right?

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Wow, it looks like it'll be really pretty, all those cool graphics and such, oh, wait, isnt there something missing? Something like a story? Well, I'm sure that will be on a another 'legendary' edition. :P

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
No whats missing is support for WinXP.

Oh wait that was/is Halo 2. Seriously, does the development department at Bungie just suck MS Marketing cock for a living?
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
While the whole helmet idea is pretty neat...Halo is still pretty lukewarm to me. I mean...come on. The game is really not that amazing. It's a sci fi shooter with vehicles. Woohooo!

*Goes to play UT/Doom3/Half Life 2/any other shooter that's come out on the PC in the last 5 years*

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
No whats missing is support for WinXP.

Oh wait that was/is Halo 2. Seriously, does the development department at Bungie just suck MS Marketing cock for a living?

You have to ask?

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
"Just got LEVEL (swedish gaming mag) in the mailbox..
Really nice Halo 3 cover, and a 10-page or so article on the game, with lots of (multiplayer) pictures.
They spend 10 ****ing pages on a preview article?  :wtf:

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!

This sounds a little silly to me. Isn't the X-button like.. one of the standard buttons on the controller? That makes me think that this "special use" button will be something completely.. well, standard!  :blah:
I am a revolutionary.

They spend 10 ****ing pages on a preview article?  :wtf:

I've seen worse... :blah:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill

This sounds a little silly to me. Isn't the X-button like.. one of the standard buttons on the controller? That makes me think that this "special use" button will be something completely.. well, standard!  :blah:
I'm thinking more along the lines of a sprint function, which would drastically change the game.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

If you press it down, it will open up a Live screen to buy special incendary, heat-seeking, and glowy blue ammunition.  Or, it will make the master chief go into bullettime.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a sprint function, which would drastically change the game.

I find it hard to think of an FPS that wouldn't be improved by sprint.....  Yet, why keep it secret?  It's scarcely a stunning innovation (and if someone can explain why in **** Call of Duty 2 removed it, I'd be much obliged)

EDIT; jetpack! If any currenty-forthcoming FPS has an excuse for it, it's Halo.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 06:13:28 pm by aldo_14 »

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
That'd actually be pretty cool. Tribes redux?

More:

"-- here's a small taste of what to expect from both EGM and 1UP over the next few weeks:

What are these new Brutish weapons?

What's a Spike Rifle...or a Spike Grenade?

The Mongoose (the once-scrapped ATV from Halo/Halo 2) is back: Who wants to ride Brokeback?
Halo 3 will have three retail SKUs: standard, collector's edition, and Legendary. Guess which one comes with a helmet and four discs of content?

Adding bumpers to the 360 controller means there's some extra real estate for Bungie to play with. Now the left bumper reloads your dual-wielded weapon and the right bumper is the normal reload. What does X do, though? Mum.

Starting weapon: Bungie thinks they have the "perfect" starting weapon in Halo 3. It's not the pistol, the battle rifle, or the SMG...and it's pretty familiar. How does the new Assault Rifle play?

One of the new maps, Valhalla, is being called "the new Blood Gulch" -- but this isn't another coat of new paint on the Combat Evolved classic. This is, from-the-ground-up, a brand-new map. How is it?

What if you could save your own movies from Halo 3's single- and multiplayer gameplay and then rewatch them? In Halo 3, you can.

Stay tuned to our 3 Weeks of Halo 3 hub page for lots more Halo 3 in the coming weeks!"

And a really frickin cool cover:

And YOU thought 10 pages was drastic!

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Some alpha stage graphics (the lighting, and many textures are placeholder. the press event was primarily a gameplay demonstration):

EDIT: Pics are gone.

While I am satisfied, I fully expect great improvements as the game gets closer to gold.  For one thing, the game could really use a good grass shader, considering it has so much grass.

It's interesting to note that apparently the multiplayer and single player engines are separate.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:12:36 am by Deepblue »

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ok, Deepblue - Halo 3 sucks, and we don't care about it, or the latest happenings about the Xbox. If we do care, we go online and find info about it, we don't need you spoon feeding us your adverts. And what sort of magazine spends so much time reviewing a game - that's not even out yet?

Offline Shade

http://users.pandora.be/tieno/h3/cropped/H3-06.jpg
What's a SRed doing in Halo 3? Were the forerunner actually Shivans? :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Ok, Deepblue - Halo 3 sucks, and we don't care about it, or the latest happenings about the Xbox. If we do care, we go online and find info about it, we don't need you spoon feeding us your adverts. And what sort of magazine spends so much time reviewing a game - that's not even out yet?

Then why did you bump the thread?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
With all due respect, even though you yourself may dislike Halo (and admittedly, I'm not very interested in the series myself), it is one of the biggest phenomena to ever occur in gaming, and tens of millions of people do care very much about the release of the third installment.  I don't see any harm in making a thread summarizing the info that's been released so far.  I know Deepblue has garnered a reputation of being an MS fanboi, but I fail to see how that translates into criticizing each and every thread that he makes.