Author Topic: Some more models coming down the line...  (Read 79258 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Re: Some more models coming down the line...
Kewl, did you make those in DOGA???

If so, did you get them in game or were there "problems"?

If they are original great job! They show much potential, just need to be refined a bit more IMHO...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Nice Scooby,
I'm still trying to find a decent texture mapping program.
I may try Maya 6 from a buddy.
TrueSpace & Blender seem really clunky for handling it.
Lithuwrap seems to lose the points and refuse to give me orientation in the proper direction on the parts as well.
I am curious, do you section your meshes, map the textures, then recombine the sections?

I uvmap each section, run it through texporter to get a bitmap picture of the uvmapping. Import that picture into photoshop and merge it with other existing levels.  I never recombine as I lose the stack (except when dealing with Collada's exporter).
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Online Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What texporter do you use?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

This one: http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/3dsmax/

Oh ya and forgot... use instances (clones/ references) whenever possible.  That way you only need to uvmap one and the rest will inherit it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:37:33 pm by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Kewl, did you make those in DOGA???

If so, did you get them in game or were there "problems"?

If they are original great job! They show much potential, just need to be refined a bit more IMHO...
Thanks, yes it is an original fiction of what I'm trying to make as a 3rd part mission pack for BtRL.
Mainly the Stealth variants of the Viper that evolved during peace time between Cylon wars for inter colony missions trying to keep tabs on eachother without generating any political strains, etc... all leading up to the final variant of the StealthStar as shown in the Hero episode.

Actually I'm using Rhino 4. I took advantage of the Student pricing ($169) since I'm using it for my game mod hobby :p I'm a major fan of the modeling environment in Rhino, super fast and slick.
I can do a ton of formats just not cob, dae, or pof. But it does do the new fbx format as well as obj, vrml, 3ds, stl, lwo, raw, pov, iges, stp, xtp, ai, wmf, x, csv, txt, dxf, its a long list....
The texturing/UV mapping is killing me so far though. I can render everything with standard textures and colors in Rhino but it doesnt translate as a complete UV map. A shame because it is so awesome for modeling with.
TrueSpace 7.6 is driving me insane!! I just can't find anything in the interface very well. I start to try a cylindrical UV map and it disappears from selection when I try to rotate it to the right axis. Can't figure out how to get it selectable again let alone feel like I have any really reasonable control of objects in the environment.

GMax well it doesn't export any formats now does it sadly?
Looked like it could unwrap UV just fine, but how do I apply it and export it?
Gmax forums seem to be suffering some sort of Angst from its moderation.

Texture mapping; I'm looking at:
PoseRay(free to obj file and nice interface)
UV Mapper Pro ($60 to obj as well but easy to map and move points with.)

I cant seem to move items around very well with Lithunwrap?
Trying to export every component to individual files, try and map those in Lithunwrap, then put back into one file.

The POF heirarchy thing I can't seem to pin down with any simple programs yet either.
Deep Exploration tries but seems to lose faces in every format export. Plus way too expensive for what I needed it for.
Going to try 3D Explorer again but the last trial ran out. If it were $50 for the thing I would buy it, but $500? yeah right....

I try adding lights in Rhino and the rendering intensity gets screwy, not to mention don't translate as lights to many formats.
Anyone know a download link for an early version opf TS? I used to have the file, can't find it.

Well back to banging my head on the wall trying to get a conversion format to work :p
I do have some hope if my buddy gets me the old Maya 6 out of our company archives he tried out but never used again.

I do have Max 4 licensed on an old AMD HP Slimline box, but its V4, and really clucky to work with when it isn't crashing.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:12:13 am by KewlToyZ »

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
If you want to add me: (MSN) stardragon1 or (yahoo) Getter_Robo_G_2004 I know how to solve 2-3 of the issues you mentioned...

Best time for contact is early (EST) morning or over the weekend. I get home at usually 8am from the CD/DVD Factory and pass out during the week.  :D

[edit] I offered to take the convo off site so as hypothetically not to violate any forum rules should those issues lead down that path...  ;7
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:09:52 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken