Author Topic: whats your guilty gaming pleasure?  (Read 15149 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: whats your guilty gaming pleasure?
I used to make sheep levels for war craft 1 or 2 and I'd go and kill all of the sheep.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I used to make sheep levels for war craft 1 or 2 and I'd go and kill all of the sheep.

Ah, that brings back memories of creating custom Age of Empires maps with, oooh, approximately 12 million enemy troops, a big thick forest (impenetrable), a very small gap, and cheat codes for laser and nuclear missile wielding wee guys.

Another guilty pleasure would be Rainbow Islands. I love the game to bits but don't generally admit it since the one time I played the game in an arcade some snotty nosed kid came up behind me with his father and pointed at me and laughed exclaiming "Look daddy, that man's playing a girl's game!". The dad wasn't too progressive either and agreed "Yes he is. Isn't he silly.". It was at that moment I made a pact (with myself) to only play manly games like Miss World Nude.

I used to play Parasol Stars, though it isn't my guilty gaming pleasure. I wonder if this is neccesary, but it is like someone commanded me to do so, well...:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Shadow0000/Rainbow_Island.jpg

@ Rainbow Island.........

*remembers he used to play pop and twinbee and hides in shame*

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Shadow0000/PopnTwinbeeE000.png

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/Shadow0000/PopnTwinbeeE001.png

I used to play the old NES/Famicom version of Twinbee, though there were various for the NES.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If I were to choose old puzzle games, I would choose Columns III (Sega Mega Drive), the AI was exceptional in Hard mode, there where multiple secrets, items and effects, the 2 player mode was pretty fun, and you could play up to 5 players, but if you can't play with someone who has about the same skills as you it gets a little pointless.

The other would be Pon'n'Pop but not the Arcade version, the PS1 version, again I liked to play with friends, I remember we would always end in some kind of discussion or fighting because we weren't synchronized.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Am I the only person who was disappointed when Bub 'n' Bob turned out not to be cute dinosaurs but fat kids?

Am I the only person who was disappointed when Bub 'n' Bob turned out not to be cute dinosaurs but fat kids?

It wasn't like that in Bubble Bobble 1, I knew since kid, when I played Bubble Bobble Part 2, you get to see that they were kids in the intro.

Can't they be both ?, like this:

http://www.nl.atari.com/images/products/psp/bubble_bobble_evolution/packshots/th_bbe_wip.jpg

I remember that in Pop 'n Pop, among other Taito characters (like Bub 'n' Bob), you could also play as the Rainbow Island guys, but I never knew their names anyway.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:19:46 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I played Bubble Bobble on the NES;

From what I remember they were only revealed as peeps rather than bubble dragons at the end, or something.

Their main tech to kill monsters is called "Kissing monsters", it's the most common way to kill a monster you, once you trap it inside a bubble you when near enough to touch or kiss, as mentioned, either literally or not, don't ask me I don't know.

Err....you have to beat the game with both players, and then eh well, I can't tell here...but peeps wouldn't be the exact word, I'll see if I play it and take an screenshot, but again even the screenshot could be too much to post...

Offline Roanoke

I used to enjoy petty theft in Fable....

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Petty theft was great in Zelda on the old Game Boy, the one with the Windfish......
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

I'm trying to get an emulator working on my Xbox to let me play two-player Bubble Bobble with my fiancee. She swears by it.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Anyone played Rodland? At first it looks really cute. You've got bright colours, pretty girly backgrounds, cute little faries with magic wands, and equally cute enemies. Then you see the game mechanincs. You zap bad guys with your wand to freeze them in your magical grasp. A bit like Syndrome's zero point gravity device in The Incredibles. Then once you've got hold of them you swing them back and forth over your head smashing them into the ground. It's really quite violent.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:50:14 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah. I remember that one. Parasol stars worked in a fairly similar way.

Yes. Parasol Stars. Cause Rainbow Islands wasn't effeminate enough, lets give the guys big girly umbrella's with which to defeat their enemies. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

I'm trying to get an emulator working on my Xbox to let me play two-player Bubble Bobble with my fiancee. She swears by it.

Get it working, then she'll swear at it :D

Offline Inquisitor

Guilty gaming please?

"Be proud, Mister Wu!"

"Who want-a some Wang?"

I'm too old, and too politically correct to chuckle at that game, yet I still do.

That, and I will admit to being thoroughly addicited to Animal Crossing for about 8 months.
No signature.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
What is that, Shadow Warrior?

Offline Inquisitor

You get a nickel :)
No signature.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Damn, I still remember playing the shareware version of that years ago, like almost a decade or something. So very wrong, and yet so very right. :yes:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Bah i knew that..........from the Blood Team, but the first game to let you use alternate guns at the same time, "Dual Wield" was Golden eye :p
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Inquisitor

Shadow Warrior (3DRealms, on the Duke Nukem 3D engine) was released in May 1997. Goldeneye in August 1997 ;)

Another guilty pleasure involved alot of alcohol (well, I drank, my friends drank and hit the hooka) and playing 1080 (the snowboarding game) as a Deathmatch (you can kill the other player if you knock them off the mountain, try it if you still have a SNES).

Fun times.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 08:49:33 am by Inquisitor »
No signature.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

Embarrasingly I used to play this a lot when I bought a second hand Megadrive and this came free with it! I played it for hours and still never actually remember completing it!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions