Author Topic: whats your guilty gaming pleasure?  (Read 15142 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: whats your guilty gaming pleasure?
Probably a bug or a gameplay oversight. For the most part Syndicate was a nice game engine in search of a game. Like most Bullfrog games actually.

Syndicate on the Amiga rocked! Maybe it was the PC conversion that you played or something but I had a hell of a lot of fun with that game.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
I always had a devil of a time converting enemy agents using the converter gun, it never seemed to work no matter how carefully I sneaked up on them :(
You had to "power up" (or whatever) the Persuadertron by using it on a bunch of civilians before it would work on agents.

I loved how there was basically no limit on how many people you could cram in a vehicle. Persuade a crowd, cram in the car, drive somewhere, and instant clown car when you all get out.

Mass persuasion in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=538rLOAaSOc
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I'd have to say that it is Diablo 2.

I've been playing it for many years, and I won't rest until I've got a full Trang Oul's Set...

...in singleplayer!

MADNESS! :p

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Jedi Knight glitches? Like what? I played that game quite a bit back in the day. If there's anything like the tricks from that Deus Ex site it should be good for a laugh. Do share.

Actually, I was mainly referring to Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, the two newer games. The force push/pull powers and the fact that you can shove friendly guys around by running into them creates some fun situations. (particularly in the last level of JA, where you have a bunch of guys following you)

The Deus Ex series is in a class of its own though. Nothing even compares to those in this respect. :D

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Deus Ex - hell yes
System Shock - oh yes indeed

I'll add too that I actually liked those two games.  It was pretty neat seeing and playing Jedi Academy on the Q3 engine, worked out quite well.  Multiplayer was pretty fun, push-pull all the time, it was fun.

In addition to playing the good old Westwood CnC/RA games, I myself though absolutely love the GTA series.  GTA 1 was hilarious when it came out, top-down mass carnage action!  GTA III is great, I liked it better than Vice City, but in San Andreas, they got pretty much everything they got wrong in VC right in SA.  I always keep SA loaded up just in case I want something that I can jump in, play for 10 minutes and put down again, or play for a couple hours and not get bored with it.  When you think of it, the GTA series has so much to do in it, unless you obsess and play it for hours a day, you could keep yourself busy with it for months. 

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Deus Ex - hell yes

Unfortunately, about half the posters in here seem too dumb to know what "guilty pleasure" means.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Chalk up another blast to Zylon! Woohoo!  :rolleyes:
At least the bulk of my reply WAS a guilty pleasure.  I'm not going to go around declaring I like a game that had to be re-rated, banned from Wal-mart, and has taken the blame for a lot of teenage deaths. Especially not in Utah.

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
Deus Ex - hell yes

I'll add too that I actually liked those two games.  It was pretty neat seeing and playing Jedi Academy on the Q3 engine, worked out quite well.  Multiplayer was pretty fun, push-pull all the time, it was fun.

In addition to playing the good old Westwood CnC/RA games, I myself though absolutely love the GTA series.  GTA 1 was hilarious when it came out, top-down mass carnage action!  GTA III is great, I liked it better than Vice City, but in San Andreas, they got pretty much everything they got wrong in VC right in SA.  I always keep SA loaded up just in case I want something that I can jump in, play for 10 minutes and put down again, or play for a couple hours and not get bored with it.  When you think of it, the GTA series has so much to do in it, unless you obsess and play it for hours a day, you could keep yourself busy with it for months. 

even if you obsess you can keep yourself busy for months
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Syndicate on the Amiga rocked! Maybe it was the PC conversion that you played or something but I had a hell of a lot of fun with that game.

No I played the Amiga version. I had fun with it too but. Even if the game did feel as if it was tagged on as an afterthought.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
OMG Syndicate Wars.

Now that was fun, but I never played as the Church... simply because they didn't have the Minigun at the start, and the Persuadertron II. (I like miniguns a lot too you know. :lol:)

[fiercely spoken]EUROCORP SYNDICATE!!![/fiercely spoken] (fist in air)

Wipe out the whole city with miniguns, LR rifles, nuke grenades, plasma lances and graviton guns... Not forgetting the automatic medkit too... Then use the Persuadertron and conquer the people... muhahaha... whole army of soldiers.... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA....
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Shade

Carmageddon. Pedestrians, cows, you name it. It's all red paste in the making to me ;7
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Carmageddon. Pedestrians, cows, you name it. It's all red paste in the making to me ;7

Carmageddon TDR PWNS! :drevil:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Carpocalypse Now.

:p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i think carmageddon 1 was the best, no bull**** just straight pedestrian slaughterfest :D
im stuck on that one mission in carpocalypse now where you have to jump buildings and take out all the satellite dishes. and with that game's phisics and the short clock, its damn near impossible. :D tdr just sucks, im not going there.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I just found a new guilty pleasure. Star Wars Battlefront II instant action mode. By all accounts that game should make me want to die if I should play it, but it's such a great little distraction. I treat it the same way you might treat a Popcap game or something :D