Author Topic: HALO 2 FOR PC!!!!!  (Read 12619 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Kurt Hectic, He was amazingly nimble........
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Inquisitor

MDK was a blast to play.
No signature.

Actually, True Crime had dual-wielding. . .sorta. You could pick up two guns and use them both, but not independantly with the mouse buttons....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Doom 2 can be modded for dual weapons quite easily actually.  :p
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Inquisitor

Oops, we answered the "first" in the other thread.

Shadow Warrior, 3d Realms. Beat GoldenEye by 3 months in 1997 :)
No signature.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Unreal Tournament also had a mod for dual-wielding.

Hmm. I'm sure Rise of the Triad (1994) had some dual wielding in, although I doubt whether the guns were independently controllable. Anything earlier than that?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ok, so I think we've sufficiently mutilated spartan's comment. Anything else to talk about? :D

Oh,yea, I hope to God that they improve the PC netcode for Halo 2. Halo 1 had lag even on a LAN.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
What's all this nonsense about the guns being independently controllable anyway.  I can't imagine a scheme for even doing that which would not be horribly complicated and unwieldy anyway.  Unless you mean being able to select them independently, which while being sort of novel really isn't all that effective, or all that new.  You could do that (albeit with limitations) all the way back in Goldeneye.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Like Red Faction II (2002) ?, the pistol at least supported dual-wielding and could be fired independently, with either mouse/keyboard/controller/etc.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
What's all this nonsense about the guns being independently controllable anyway.  I can't imagine a scheme for even doing that which would not be horribly complicated and unwieldy anyway.  Unless you mean being able to select them independently, which while being sort of novel really isn't all that effective, or all that new.  You could do that (albeit with limitations) all the way back in Goldeneye.

Mouse Button 1: Left Gun, Mouse Button 2: Right Gun?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Unreal Tournament also had a mod for dual-wielding.

The original Unreal also allowed dual-wielded pistols. Not independant firing  ...but alternate firing resulted in gangsta-style sideways shooting, biatch!
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Hmmm. So now I have to pirate Vista as well as Halo 2? Oh well.

:lol:

Offline wolfman

Wow. So much arguing I just had to join up to quell it.  :wtf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akimbo_%28firearms%29

Rise of the Triad and Marathon, both released on December 21, 1994, were the earliest first-person shooters to integrate akimbo pistols. In Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.², this tactic has been developed further, now allowing the player to wield two different weapons at once, firing each one independently.

Wikipedia.. more useless info than you can include in a single comment.

You may now commence the HLP beam bombardment...  :nervous: :shaking:

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Please, don't encourage them.

Wow. So much arguing I just had to join up to quell it.  :wtf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akimbo_%28firearms%29

Rise of the Triad and Marathon, both released on December 21, 1994, were the earliest first-person shooters to integrate akimbo pistols. In Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.², this tactic has been developed further, now allowing the player to wield two different weapons at once, firing each one independently.

Wikipedia.. more useless info than you can include in a single comment.

Hah. I knew that without resorting to wankipedia :p well, apart from the Marathon bit.

The first time I heard about a game called Halo I was like: OMGWTFIMUSTBUYTHIS!!!111
But then ******* Microsoft bought Bungie and the game was produced for the XBOX, as it finally came out for PC in 2003 it was still an entertaining game. It just wasn't the OMGWTF feeling anymore, Halo was outdatet...

And now Halo 2 should come out for Windows? No wait... for Windows 'Vista'!  :mad: (Oh look Halo2 for PC, BUY VISTA YOU SILLY CONSUMENT! MWAHAHAHAHA)
Three years after it was released for XBOX, you know what? It will be outdatet too.
There are far better games in productions than Halo2 such as CRYSIS or HAZE or whatever...
OMG! We're lost: Kryptonite = Tiberium

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Halo's indoor gameplay was very poor. One time, there was this room full of two or three hunters, except I just walked right past them in a hallway just outside the room. I mean, did Bungie actually expect us to bother with them?

What does everyone have against halo?  I played the first one on PC, and I loved it.  Is there something I'm missing here?
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I've got nothing against it. In fact, I probably had more fun playing multiplayer on PC than I did on Xbox.