Author Topic: Wazzup!  (Read 17624 times)

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
Haven't been here in a looong ass time, schools keepin me busy as hell these days. You guys still kickin, I heard from a highly unreliable source the BWO will be out 'soon'.  :lol:
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
Damn, the icon went red for this?    :doubt:

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Another two wasted clicks... ;)
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's already out, go look at the trailer.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
heard from a highly unreliable source the BWO will be out 'soon'.  :lol:
It's probably a dead campaign now. I think this because no forum activity for almost a month and a half.
You can see the internal forum?

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I didn't know there was a secret forum. I thought that they just use personal messages. Maybe I just forgot that they had an internal forum. I meant the external forum was quiet for so long.
Stuff is still going on. Slowly...but still going on. Its not dead.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

yet.

I've been waiting for a long time. At the very least, could you post an updated movie or mission? The reason we're all starting to drift away from BWO is becuase there hasn't been any news recently....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
That would distract what work is being done on finishing it.  There isn't much for us to tell at this point...I was hoping to have finished long ago but these things take enormous amounts of time and effort. I'm barely contributing myself as I've got so much on my plate these days.

Its fine if the public forum is dead for not to be honest....you folks can chat and discuss anything BWO related if you'd like.  I happily answer any questions that hit us.  Till its ready...it'll be really hard to show you guys any more than we have.
- IceFire

anything you say....

release date???

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
You're new here aren't you...
- IceFire

comparatively.......yes

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
I think he's making up for his lost posts when a certain thread got deleted. :blah:

Edit:  No one's drifting away from it.  If you make a blanket statement like that, expect to get burned.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 12:03:16 am by Nix »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
How does it end? ;)

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
these things take enormous amounts of time and effort
Listen to the guy, would you. Give the team some more time, folks. I mean, think about it; it took almost 32 months(!) to create Descent: FreeSpace 1 and Silent Threat and FreeSpace 2. That's a looong time working on stuff, folks.

Cordially,
~Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I meant how the plot ends. And since the spoiler tags aren't working... ;7

Spoilars for all!!!

Of course that's never going to happen. :lol:

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
these things take enormous amounts of time and effort
Listen to the guy, would you. Give the team some more time, folks. I mean, think about it; it took almost 32 months(!) to create Descent: FreeSpace 1 and Silent Threat and FreeSpace 2. That's a looong time working on stuff, folks.

Cordially,
~Selectah

And the people at V put in 8+ hour days, probably a lot more, and they're getting paid to do it, so they have a LOT more motivation than freelance modders do.  Free time gets eaten up by real life faster than you think.  At least the project heads are still actively moderating and awnsering questions as best as they can.  Some people just disappear from the scene, like the people who worked on the original Derelict missions. 

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Just to put things in perspective...I started the beginnings of this project while I was in Grade 12.  I'm now graduated from university and work for a living :)

Three quarters of the original staff have moved along as well.  We're making do with the testers and Ace and BlackDove and things will get done.  Then we can all rest and breath a sigh of relief and you folks can have some fun with the whole thing.
- IceFire

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Race you with the Machina Terra Team!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
It'd be just like the story of the tortoise and the... tortoise.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
It'd be just like the story of the tortoise and the... tortoise.
LOL...so true. We are still in a race I think.  I'm not sure who will win...we might! :D
- IceFire