Author Topic: an irritating game  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
FS Modding ?

Oh and 20.556 seconds
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Nice game, thanks for link!

27.819 s was my personal best at 2.27 am. I suppose the key is to make the upper ball bounce its way as near the center as possible. Easier said than done, though.

For some reason the game worked better on Firefox than on Opera. On Opera, the mouse cursor moved too easily away from the game applet and disrupted the controls.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
30.294 seconds.  :D
I must be really bored.  :o
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:41:20 pm by Andreas »
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
25.256 after about four or five tries.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
30.848 seconds.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
26.721 after 3 tries.

33.995! Beat that, suckas!

36.759. :D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 07:05:18 am by Mefustae »

25.327 seconds...

I don't know if I'm happy or sad that I can't read French... :doubt:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:05:29 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Kaboodles

• Kill the meat. Save the metal.
Urgh.

The belief that you only use 8 percent of your brain is completely and utterly retarded.  You don't evolve a complex, relatively power-hungry organ and use only 8 percent of it.

That said, I'm also quite rubbish at this game.  The best I've done is 31.91 seconds, though my average would be closer to 10.

EDIT:  Haha.  Freudian slip.  Brain =/= game
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 09:09:00 pm by Kaboodles »

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
The belief that you only use 8 percent of your game is completely and utterly retarded.

You just made a strong argument against your own point. ;)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
Actually thats incorrect. The actual theory surmises that the CONCIOUS mind only uses 10% (or less) of our brain. The rest is used by your unconcious. Ever had an idea pop into your head? ...yeah

Even then the unconcious mind doesn't use your entire brain. Remember, not all the nuerons are firing at once, often only about 10% or even less are firing at any given time. If they were all firing, well, then all those catscans would turn up bright freaking red.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
How are you so coordinated? My best is about 18 :(

EDIT: I mean 22. But it still merits a sad smiley (wtf, "sad smiley"?)  :(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:50:10 pm by thesizzler »

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Wow. Irritating is right.

It would be more fun if the physics on the bottom ball weren't so half-assed. You can bounce it by dropping the platform out from underneath it, but not by quickly flipping it upward.
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline starfox

25.373, after a first 10 tries...
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
32.75....  :ick:

thirty somethin' you can actually use the control distupt to your advantage

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Not bad.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:55:57 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Actually thats incorrect. The actual theory surmises that the CONCIOUS mind only uses 10% (or less) of our brain. The rest is used by your unconcious. Ever had an idea pop into your head? ...yeah

Even then the unconcious mind doesn't use your entire brain. Remember, not all the nuerons are firing at once, often only about 10% or even less are firing at any given time. If they were all firing, well, then all those catscans would turn up bright freaking red.

The 90% subconscious part is a myth;  the brain simply isn't structured in that sort of neat division.

EDIT; additionally, whilst 100% of neurons may not fire at once (the effect would be akin to Grand Mal seizure), they are more-or-less all used at various points of time (well, except for a small number reserved for redundancy).  It's, when you think about it, pretty ludicrous to think that the most resource intensive organ in the human body (one our body structure is more or less built around supporting & supplying) would have any sort of unused chunks - natural selection would nip that in the bud sharpish.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 03:20:25 am by aldo_14 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Given that the main reason that childbirth is difficult for humans is because of the size of the babies head there would be a huge selection pressure against a 90% redundant brain from that alone.

As usual checking on Snopes is the best thing to do.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]